Page 457 of 477 FirstFirst ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,425 of 11904
  1. #11401
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,916
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    You mean the shill that was pumping SBF and FTX in here now wants to cast blame on the regulators?

    Why don't we privatize the gains and socialize the losses while we're at it.

    #winnerswin

  2. #11402
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    So much for crypto eliminating counterparty risk. What's even the point if crypto maxis like stalefish are calling for regulation? If crypto wants to be part the regulated government banking system then why not just use fiat?
    While I'm not a BTC maximalist, BTC is by far the most important cryptocurrency. It's hilarious that you can regularly post in this thread and not even understand that the term is BTC maximalist, not "crypto maxi."

    Secondly, I don't think that I've ever said there should be no regulation for crypto. My primary use case for BTC over fiat is that nobody can just make more of it out of thin air which is very unlike fiat, in which a few unelected central bankers can print as they want and give it to the people who need it the least. Read up on the Cantillon Effect for more. BTC is extremely unique in this case, even from Ethereum, and even more so, FTT.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  3. #11403
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    4,507
    I coined the term crypto maxi myself today to commemorate all the former maximalists waking up to the fact crypto, bitcoin too, is just the same old finance with a slightly different brand. Some names have changed but the game remains the same.

  4. #11404
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    You mean the shill that was pumping SBF and FTX in here now wants to cast blame on the regulators?

    Why don't we privatize the gains and socialize the losses while we're at it.

    #winnerswin
    I'm glad I live in your head rent free. You should go outside more.

    Good job quoting me. At least one of us doesn't delete their old posts. Of course, the situation is very different from the time I posted that tweet. I'm stunned at the swift downfall of Sam and FTX as are the vast majority of other people. The fact that many reputable funds such as Sequoia and celebrities such as TB12 failed to complete any meaningful DD around FTX and Alameda is incredible. I trusted people and organizations more than I should have.

    So let's be real. None of us on this board were claiming SBF was an outright ponzi fraudster until after the fact. However, I did lose respect for him and cleared my portfolio of things in his orbit after he started fudding BTC earlier this year. And even though Sam and his accomplices seem extremely guilty, I don't think this takes away much from SOL. I think there are likely many honest developers and participants in that smart contract ecosystem.

    And yes, regulators clearly deserve a lot of blame here. Fraud is fraud. Nobody was saying all securities are a scam after Madoff, so I don't think it's fair to say that all crypto is after FTX. Criminality is the problem here, not inherently crypto.

    With maybe the exception of shera and byates I have been the largest proponent of Proof of Work. It's the major protocol where one can't simply create a huge amount of coins out of thin air...unlike like SHIB, and also USD. I've been very clear that self custody (not your keys, not your coins) is imperative for avoiding counterparty risk. So I'm not sure how you deduced that I'm in favor of privatized gains and socialized losses.

    Finally, like I've said before, you seem to be more concerned with dunking on others than furthering dialogue. It's not just in this thread either, you sling shit all over this site. So keep riding your high horse, demonizing those of us who are here in good faith, and hypocritically incessantly bitching about crypto while also investing in it.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  5. #11405
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I coined the term crypto maxi myself today to commemorate all the former maximalists waking up to fact crypto, bitcoin too, is just the same old finance with a different name. Some names have changed but the game remains the same.
    You can do whatever you want in your alternate universes, Mr. MultiVerse, but words have meanings in this one.

    If there's a silver lining in all this FTX drama it will be that more people will eventually recognize that BTC is unique from the rest of crypto.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  6. #11406
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    4,507
    Dammit, looks like I can't take credit after all. It turns out 'crypto maxi' is already a widespread thing. There's even merch.

    Name:  41r5rsWNX1L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  19.1 KB

    It's almost as if bitcoin narratives and crypto narratives are branches on the same tree. The story is the same for both: "the future of money." Whether it's bitcoin, algorand, FTX, or DeFi everyone seems to be talking about getting in early on the future of money. As if all of it is linked like different sides of a coin (heh).

  7. #11407
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Dammit, looks like I can't take credit after all. It turns out 'crypto maxi' is already a widespread thing. There's even merch.

    Name:  41r5rsWNX1L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  19.1 KB

    It's almost as if bitcoin narrative crypto narratives are branches on the same tree.
    It's not a widespread thing. You're wrong.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  8. #11408
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,916
    I've never deleted any posts in this thread. The fact that you've concocted and can't stop promoting this fantasy shows who lives in whose head. I should give you some yield in return for all the time this delusion has been staked in your head.

    I don't need to make up stories - I can just quote you.

    According to you the act of mentioning a project/exchange on here is shilling. So that means you've shilled LUNA and FTX. Shit man - that's quite a track record - did you pump Celsius as well?

    As for "furthering dialogue" you can go back and review the 100 times you've posted links and tweets with "probably nothing" as the only contribution. That's sure is some "good faith dialogue" you high-horse hypocrite. Get a grip.

    #winnerswin

  9. #11409
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I'm glad I live in your head rent free. You should go outside more.

    Good job quoting me. At least one of us doesn't delete their old posts. Of course, the situation is very different from the time I posted that tweet. I'm stunned at the swift downfall of Sam and FTX as are the vast majority of other people. The fact that many reputable funds such as Sequoia and celebrities such as TB12 failed to complete any meaningful DD around FTX and Alameda is incredible. I trusted people and organizations more than I should have.

    So let's be real. None of us on this board were claiming SBF was an outright ponzi fraudster until after the fact. However, I did lose respect for him and cleared my portfolio of things in his orbit after he started fudding BTC earlier this year. And even though Sam and his accomplices seem extremely guilty, I don't think this takes away much from SOL. I think there are likely many honest developers and participants in that smart contract ecosystem.

    And yes, regulators clearly deserve a lot of blame here. Fraud is fraud. Nobody was saying all securities are a scam after Madoff, so I don't think it's fair to say that all crypto is after FTX. Criminality is the problem here, not inherently crypto.

    With maybe the exception of shera and byates I have been the largest proponent of Proof of Work. It's the major protocol where one can't simply create a huge amount of coins out of thin air...unlike like SHIB, and also USD. I've been very clear that self custody (not your keys, not your coins) is imperative for avoiding counterparty risk. So I'm not sure how you deduced that I'm in favor of privatized gains and socialized losses.

    Finally, like I've said before, you seem to be more concerned with dunking on others than furthering dialogue. It's not just in this thread either, you sling shit all over this site. So keep riding your high horse, demonizing those of us who are here in good faith, and hypocritically incessantly bitching about crypto while also investing in it.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Iím just going to put it out there that I think everyone with a major stake in crypto - letís say a number in the billions - is running some sort of fraud, even if I donít know the specific nature of the fraud.

    And once again, having constant growth of money is a horrible policy, especially if that same currency is going to be used between a number of countries.

  10. #11410
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I'm glad I live in your head rent free. You should go outside more.

    Good job quoting me. At least one of us doesn't delete their old posts. Of course, the situation is very different from the time I posted that tweet. I'm stunned at the swift downfall of Sam and FTX as are the vast majority of other people. The fact that many reputable funds such as Sequoia and celebrities such as TB12 failed to complete any meaningful DD around FTX and Alameda is incredible. I trusted people and organizations more than I should have.

    So let's be real. None of us on this board were claiming SBF was an outright ponzi fraudster until after the fact. However, I did lose respect for him and cleared my portfolio of things in his orbit after he started fudding BTC earlier this year. And even though Sam and his accomplices seem extremely guilty, I don't think this takes away much from SOL. I think there are likely many honest developers and participants in that smart contract ecosystem.

    And yes, regulators clearly deserve a lot of blame here. Fraud is fraud. Nobody was saying all securities are a scam after Madoff, so I don't think it's fair to say that all crypto is after FTX. Criminality is the problem here, not inherently crypto.

    With maybe the exception of shera and byates I have been the largest proponent of Proof of Work. It's the major protocol where one can't simply create a huge amount of coins out of thin air...unlike like SHIB, and also USD. I've been very clear that self custody (not your keys, not your coins) is imperative for avoiding counterparty risk. So I'm not sure how you deduced that I'm in favor of privatized gains and socialized losses.

    Finally, like I've said before, you seem to be more concerned with dunking on others than furthering dialogue. It's not just in this thread either, you sling shit all over this site. So keep riding your high horse, demonizing those of us who are here in good faith, and hypocritically incessantly bitching about crypto while also investing in it.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    you lieing bullshitter, SBF literally described ponzi fraud months ago and you defended crypto. “Cynical scamming bullshit”

  11. #11411
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    you lieing bullshitter, SBF literally described ponzi fraud months ago and you defended crypto. “Cynical scamming bullshit”
    Yeah, someone here - and it may have been me, but I’m not going back to check - definitely posted about the SBF interview with Matt Levine:

    https://www.ft.com/content/eac0e56c-...3-f971e60dc58b

    Levine: I think of myself as like a fairly cynical person. And that was so much more cynical than how I would’ve described farming. You’re just like, well, I’m in the Ponzi business and it’s pretty good.”

  12. #11412
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Iím just going to put it out there that I think everyone with a major stake in crypto - letís say a number in the billions - is running some sort of fraud, even if I donít know the specific nature of the fraud.

    And once again, having constant growth of money is a horrible policy, especially if that same currency is going to be used between a number of countries.
    Lol. "I don't understand it, so it's all a fraud. Also, get off my lawn."

    Let's just ignore the fed presidents insider trading who sold their stonks at the top to avoid conflicts of interest. JFC.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-concerns.html

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  13. #11413
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I've never deleted any posts in this thread. The fact that you've concocted and can't stop promoting this fantasy shows who lives in whose head. I should give you some yield in return for all the time this delusion has been staked in your head.

    I don't need to make up stories - I can just quote you.

    According to you the act of mentioning a project/exchange on here is shilling. So that means you've shilled LUNA and FTX. Shit man - that's quite a track record - did you pump Celsius as well?

    As for "furthering dialogue" you can go back and review the 100 times you've posted links and tweets with "probably nothing" as the only contribution. That's sure is some "good faith dialogue" you high-horse hypocrite. Get a grip.

    #winnerswin
    It's barely worth my time to post here recently because it's a bunch of "I got mine" gen-x and boomers fellating each other over crypto being dead (it's not). But of course when I check in, I see you've been the same incredibly petty person and critical of me when I haven't even been posting. But sure, I'm the one that thinks about you all the time. Lol



    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  14. #11414
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,452
    Dunfree is Satoshi. Level 11 psyops.

  15. #11415
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,916
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    It's barely worth my time to post here recently because it's a bunch of "I got mine" gen-x and boomers fellating each other over crypto being dead (it's not). But of course when I check in, I see you've been the same incredibly petty person and critical of me when I haven't even been posting. But sure, I'm the one that thinks about you all the time. Lol



    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    No one cared or noticed you weren't posting. Get over yourself. Feel free to not click if it's not worth your time - no one is forcing you to "check in"

    But now that you mention it - it is funny that during the most significant week of crypto news in 2022 you went totally silent. It's probably nothing.

    #shillersshill

  16. #11416
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    No one cared or noticed you weren't posting. Get over yourself. Feel free to not click if it's not worth your time - no one is forcing you to "check in"

    But now that you mention it - it is funny that during the most significant week of crypto news in 2022 you went totally silent. It's probably nothing.

    #shillersshill
    I literally posted that FTX was about to go down days before almost everyone here caught on. Since you're so good at digging up my old posts, maybe you can quote that one.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  17. #11417
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,916
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I literally posted that FTX was about to go down days before almost everyone here caught on. Since you're so good at digging up my old posts, maybe you can quote that one.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Dude you literally just said I was making posts that were critical of you when you "haven't even been posting". You also said "it's not worth my time to post recently" - so you didn't go silent - but also you've "not been posting". Gotcha.

    And show me the posts where I'm critical of you during your absence - I bet you were posting in the thread just before....I'll wait...

  18. #11418
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Dude you literally just said I was making posts that were critical of you when you "haven't even been posting". You also said "it's not worth my time to post recently" - so you didn't go silent - but also you've "not been posting". Gotcha.

    And show me the posts where I'm critical of you during your absence - I bet you were posting in the thread just before....I'll wait...
    And now you're going to play dumb? Lol


    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  19. #11419
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,916
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    And now you're going to play dumb? Lol


    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    still waiting...

  20. #11420
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,452
    Ski off...

  21. #11421
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    12,081
    This story is so savage.

    sBF went to most pussy, little, private school on the peninsula.

    Seriously, these were the kids with the big mansions but were afraid to throw a HS party because theyíd be tossed out of their own house by Tongans or Somoans.

  22. #11422
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    JAC
    Posts
    1,156
    [QUOTE=stalefish3169;6737084]Lol. "I don't understand it, so it's all a fraud. Also, get off my lawn."

    This has been my take from the beginning!
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

  23. #11423
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    19,348

    Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Gensler absolutely deserves a lot of blame for letting the FTX fraud occur on his watch by failing to provide clear regulations for the crypto industry. The lack of clarity caused many companies and groups to stay offshore. Additionally, it's plausible that a sizable chunk of money would've been put into a highly-regulated BTC spot ETF had one been approved, rather than other investments, which are now worth zero. He should resign or be forced to step down.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Bullshit. Buyer beware. You were warned by the regulators.

  24. #11424
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    8,361
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Lol. "I don't understand it, so it's all a fraud. Also, get off my lawn.of
    Yawn, stalebitch just wants in on the ground floor of the ponzi. Nothing more lazy ass than whining the regulation you didn’t want didn’t save you. It’s your unregulated scam fest playground, and that’s the way you want it

  25. #11425
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nhampshire
    Posts
    7,237
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Lol. "I don't understand it, so it's all a fraud. Also, get off my lawn."

    Let's just ignore the fed presidents insider trading who sold their stonks at the top to avoid conflicts of interest. JFC.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-concerns.html

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    What about the droid attack on the wookies?

    They should both be investigated and prosecuted. Shitty people in investment do not excuse shitty people in crypto.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •