Page 199 of 643 FirstFirst ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 16066
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Well, I'm not going to let him post massive inaccuracies freely without rebuttals. Some of us have a good deal of money on the line and he just slings poo for funsies.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    At least he knows the difference between ‘could’ and ‘couldn’t’.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    At least he knows the difference between ‘could’ and ‘couldn’t’.
    IDGAF

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQue...m_source=share

Swing and a miss.

You’ve said that this is your 401K, so I imagine most of us want it to work out for you. Maybe you should just lean in to that.

Just to be clear, “I could give a fuck” was used properly. As opposed to someone saying I could care less.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Irregardless
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

IDGAF

“I do give a fuck”

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Just to be clear, “I could give a fuck” was used properly. As opposed to someone saying I could care less.
    Read his linked reply. Technically it’s incorrect but it’s been used that way so much that’s it’s accepted.

EDIT: Unless you were just agreeing with me that yes, based on his behavior, he could and clearly does give a fuck?
    Last edited by bennymac; 06-16-2021 at 09:52 PM.

Imagine if Warren Buffet said, "I have money on the line so I don't like hearing what other people have to say about my investments."

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I haven't use tether very often and honestly I think it's shady.

When you said that it piqued my interest. You are very much into crypto and yet you think it is shady - why? What do you know about Tether? How do you use it and how do you avoid it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-whuXHSL1Pg

What are your thoughts about that video?

I thank people when they share "FUD" with me. Agree or not, these concerns can't be just brushed under the rug. People with the most at risk simply want to know the truth.

And now an intermission. This song could be the perfect crypto duet. Actually written by Benny (from Abba) As much as I love AC/DC, Van Halen and Iron Maiden ... this duet rocks.

Nothing is so good it last eternally
    Perfect situations must go wrong
    But this has never yet prevented me
    Wanting far too much for far too long
    Looking back I could have played it differently

OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Imagine if Warren Buffet said, "I have money on the line so I don't like hearing what other people have to say about my investments."

When you said that it piqued my interest. You are very much into crypto and yet you think it is shady - why? What do you know about Tether? How do you use it and how do you avoid it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-whuXHSL1Pg

What are your thoughts about that video?

I thank people when they share "FUD" with me. Agree or not, these concerns can't be just brushed under the rug. People with the most at risk simply want to know the truth.

And now an intermission. This song could be the perfect crypto duet. Actually written by Benny (from Abba) As much as I love AC/DC, Van Halen and Iron Maiden ... this duet rocks.

Nothing is so good it last eternally
    Perfect situations must go wrong
    But this has never yet prevented me
    Wanting far too much for far too long
    Looking back I could have played it differently

A difference of opinion on facts is one thing. However you post made up BS.

NY would've nailed Paolo's balls to the wall if they had a real case. There is no way they would've settled, much less continued to let Tether operate, if they could've convicted them. But go on and keep posting anon accounts Bitfinnex'd and Trolly McTrollface as valid sources.

You know as much about tether as I do, I'm sure. No point trying to engage me on that.

I'm here (mostly) for bitcoin, there's no good reason for me to add more risk. I also made some decisions related to being a USA resident - for instance I use Coinbase, not Binance. I use USDC, not tether, to transfer USD value. It's not rocket science, I'm just trying to be conservative out here in the wild west. ymmv nfa dyor etc

The reason I wanted to post here is just to reiterate that I am still bullish in this cycle. Here is some confirmation bias to that end (Fibonacci level related). It basically shows that each cycle has had a big pullback to the 1.618 fib level measured from the top to bottom of the previous cycle. Pretty slick.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1618.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	377317
    (Always keep in mind that you're looking at a log chart which stretches the bottom and compresses the top)
    source: https://twitter.com/misconfig_exe/st...52683431178240
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Just to be clear, you’re wrong. I’m sure you know the old phrase “couldn’t give a damn”, for example. Phrases like DGAF are all logical variations on this. ‘I give zero fucks’ also expresses the idea of ‘I couldn’t give a fuck’. As does ‘couldn’t care less’.

Anyway, I doubt any of us truly give a fuck or damn about the trend toward people saying ‘I could give a fuck’ when they mean the opposite.

Just to be clear, you’re wrong. I’m sure you know the old phrase “couldn’t give a damn”, for example. Phrases like DGAF are all logical variations on this. ‘I give zero fucks’ also expresses the idea of ‘I couldn’t give a fuck’. As does ‘couldn’t care less’.

Anyway, I doubt any of us truly give a fuck or damn about the trend toward people saying ‘I could give a fuck’ when they mean the opposite.
    Are you this petty IRL? Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    You know as much about tether as I do, I'm sure. No point trying to engage me on that.

I'm here (mostly) for bitcoin, there's no good reason for me to add more risk. I also made some decisions related to being a USA resident - for instance I use Coinbase, not Binance. I use USDC, not tether, to transfer USD value. It's not rocket science, I'm just trying to be conservative out here in the wild west. ymmv nfa dyor etc

The reason I wanted to post here is just to reiterate that I am still bullish in this cycle. Here is some confirmation bias to that end (Fibonacci level related). It basically shows that each cycle has had a big pullback to the 1.618 fib level measured from the top to bottom of the previous cycle. Pretty slick.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1618.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	377317
    (Always keep in mind that you're looking at a log chart which stretches the bottom and compresses the top)
    source: https://twitter.com/misconfig_exe/st...52683431178240
    This video is excellent for looking at the big picture perspective. Gotta sign up for email list but it's free and worth it.

https://twitter.com/BobLoukas/status...188024323?s=19

Swing and a miss.

You’ve said that this is your 401K, so I imagine most of us want it to work out for you. Maybe you should just lean in to that.
    I said that I have a 401k but I have more faith that BTC will provide me with a much better ROI over the long run.

I follow Bob Loukas.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Another mom and pop shop's take on whether crypto is 'investable.' An investable asset must meet three of the following five criteria. Bitcoin falls short in each:

• Generate steady, reliable cash flow on a contractual basis, like bonds

• Generate earnings through exposure to economic growth, like equities

• Provide consistent and reliable diversification benefits to a portfolio

• Dampen volatility

• Provide consistent and reliable evidence of hedging inflation or deflation as a store of value

Slidedeck Page 29: https://resources.goldman.com/conten...?sa=n&amp;rd=n

A difference of opinion on facts is one thing. However you post made up BS.

NY would've nailed Paolo's balls to the wall if they had a real case. There is no way they would've settled, much less continued to let Tether operate, if they could've convicted them. But go on and keep posting anon accounts Bitfinnex'd and Trolly McTrollface as valid sources.
    >> However you post made up BS
    That’s rich coming from you.

@Tr0llyTr0llFace is the coolest ever. He said Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme before it was cool to say. And @Bitfinexed uncovered ground-breaking analysis to show what Tether and Bitfinex are about. Their claims have started a movement to greater accountability and awareness of the risks in the crypto-sphere. Luca ~STOP the FUD~ Land aka @LucaLand97 is also a great resource of FUD (facts you dislike).

The New York Attorney General said "Bitfinex and Tether recklessly and unlawfully covered-up massive financial losses to keep their scheme going and protect their bottom lines.” They also said that “starting no later than mid-2017, Tether had no access to banking, anywhere in the world, and so for periods of time held no reserves to back tethers in circulation at the rate of one dollar for every tether, contrary to its representations."

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2021...finexs-illegal

Think about it -- the bull run in 2017/2018 wasn't backstopped by real dollars. Tether couldn't meet their obligations. It is even worse now with something like ~3% cash and the rest is highly suspect 'commercial paper' (aka junk). If it was quality paper they would have said. It is probably junk.

Don't trust. Verify. The NYAG has jurisdiction over New York State and they have banned Tether from operating in New York State. Other government agencies will come along side soon enough. This is turning into a Madoff level scam and Tr0llyTr0llFace and Bitfinexed can be credited with uncovering this just like a few researchers did with Madoff in the years before it collapsed.

From now on I shall be quoting the price of BTC in Tethers. When they print more Tethers it just dilutes the price of BTC. Right now 1 BTC = 39,012 Tethers.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

So many people throwing around the term "Ponzi scheme" without really understanding what that means. You can call bitcoin a gimmick or whatever, but by definition it's not a Ponzi scheme... that doesn't even make sense.

One of the co-founders of COIN was on Bloomberg Technology.
    Vaporware:

Bloomberg Studio 1.0: Coinbase Co-Founder Fred Ehrsam https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...d-ehrsam-video

So many people throwing around the term "Ponzi scheme" without really understanding what that means. You can call bitcoin a gimmick or whatever, but by definition it's not a Ponzi scheme... that doesn't even make sense.
    Technically it is. Ponzi relied on Postal Reply Coupons to create a perceived arbitrage opportunity. He paid people's withdrawals using new investors funds. Both the use of coupons (Tether & USDC) and constant crypto rug-pulls and pump-n-dumps are ways that new investors funds provide liquidity for some people's realized gains. If it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is a duck. People also defended Ponzi (and Madoff) both before and after it collapsed. De ja vu? Coinbase went public the day Madoff died in prison. Coincidence?

"A Ponzi scheme is a type of fraud whereby crooks steal money from investors and mask the theft by funneling returns to clients from funds contributed by newer investors. "

A Ponzi can't function without HODL, FOMO or BTFD.

BTC as a zero sum game:

aN - bM - cR = 0

a = average value of intakes, b = average value of miner profits, c = average value of redemptions
    N = new entrants, M = miners, R = Redeemers i.e. last cohort of investors

It could also be said that BTC is a zero-sum game (with leverage even a negative sum game). Although ... that is technically incorrect because it is market priced and not an organization that carries a float. I.E At any point it time it can be said to have no float=, no balance, no assets. However it also walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. Call it a zero sum game. Call it a Ponzi. Same same.

>> However you post made up BS
    That’s rich coming from you.

@Tr0llyTr0llFace is the coolest ever. He said Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme before it was cool to say. And @Bitfinexed uncovered ground-breaking analysis to show what Tether and Bitfinex are about. Their claims have started a movement to greater accountability and awareness of the risks in the crypto-sphere. Luca ~STOP the FUD~ Land aka @LucaLand97 is also a great resource of FUD (facts you dislike).

The New York Attorney General said "Bitfinex and Tether recklessly and unlawfully covered-up massive financial losses to keep their scheme going and protect their bottom lines.” They also said that “starting no later than mid-2017, Tether had no access to banking, anywhere in the world, and so for periods of time held no reserves to back tethers in circulation at the rate of one dollar for every tether, contrary to its representations."

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2021...finexs-illegal

Think about it -- the bull run in 2017/2018 wasn't backstopped by real dollars. Tether couldn't meet their obligations. It is even worse now with something like ~3% cash and the rest is highly suspect 'commercial paper' (aka junk). If it was quality paper they would have said. It is probably junk.

Don't trust. Verify. The NYAG has jurisdiction over New York State and they have banned Tether from operating in New York State. Other government agencies will come along side soon enough. This is turning into a Madoff level scam and Tr0llyTr0llFace and Bitfinexed can be credited with uncovering this just like a few researchers did with Madoff in the years before it collapsed.

From now on I shall be quoting the price of BTC in Tethers. When they print more Tethers it just dilutes the price of BTC. Right now 1 BTC = 39,012 Tethers.
    So like 39,012 dollars above your BTC price prediction. Clown.

As the epicenter of TradFi is in NY, they have the most to lose when crypto inevitably makes their cash cow go extinct. You're naive af if you don't think the old money controls the regulators. If they didn't, Lloyd Blankfein and friends would've gone to the slammer for their role in the 2008 crisis.

Are you this petty IRL? Jesus.

Some of us have been sending you repeated signals that our posts here are classic TGR tongue in cheek. You seem to take everything in this thread very personally. I literally spelled out to you in my post that none of us actually care about your incorrect use of language, but that part of my post sailed right by you. Maybe it’s because I don’t take the TGRz very seriously or earnestly, but puregravity’s posts in this thread come across as world-weary but lighthearted, and not argumentative. However he seems to get under your skin, so maybe I’m just misreading his chillness.

:shrug:

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Technically it is. Ponzi relied on Postal Reply Coupons to create a perceived arbitrage opportunity. He paid people's withdrawals using new investors funds. Both the use of coupons (Tether & USDC) and constant crypto rug-pulls and pump-n-dumps are ways that new investors funds provide liquidity for some people's realized gains. If it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is a duck. People also defended Ponzi (and Madoff) both before and after it collapsed. De ja vu? Coinbase went public the day Madoff died in prison. Coincidence?

"A Ponzi scheme is a type of fraud whereby crooks steal money from investors and mask the theft by funneling returns to clients from funds contributed by newer investors. "

A Ponzi can't function without HODL, FOMO or BTFD.
    Okay, I'm now finding you even more comical than the true crypto believers...