Page 129 of 138 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3445
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    you can see on the daily the selling pressure has subsided more or less all year. All major volume pushes of late have been bullish impulses, so taking that as a cue that tide has turned and the price will start to go up soon.
    I thought you said you had me on mute? LOL
    Nice tea leaves reading.
    That showed about as much insight as the Tales of Boab.
    But hey, PRICE GOES UP.
    Better invest more while the price is low.
    P O N Z I
    LOL

https://www.coindesk.com/sex-worker-retirement

sex trade workers like the bitcoin cuz a real bank won't deal with them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.coindesk.com/sex-worker-retirement

sex trade workers like the bitcoin cuz a real bank won't deal with them
    The currency of the sex trade is cash.
    Could you imagine a sex trade worker trying to whip out a USB hardware key, remember their 16 word BIP32 'easy phrase', and then waiting for 3 to 6 confirmations on the blockchain.
    The sex won't last as long as that would take.
    So, no. They don't use it now and never will.
    It's a straw man news article.

The real reason: keep shady money flowing into the real estate market.

The fake reason: “but the sex workers!!”

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post

Massive corporations have massive amounts of users bruh.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    "So this Netflix company is really going to get people interested in watching movies at home. That's why I'm feeling pretty good about these Blockbuster Video shares I own"

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    "So this Netflix company is really going to get people interested in watching movies at home. That's why I'm feeling pretty good about these Blockbuster Video shares I own"
    So are SWIFT and ACH Netflix or Blockbuster?

That Ari Paul video was very interesting. I like the ending, where he talks about the costs of Bitcoin, and how they are so high, the energy required to mine and do the proof of work required to keep the system secure. But the point how you can't compare that cost to the cost of visa transactions, or amex transactions, you have to compare that cost to the cost of securing the fiat currency structure, including up to military spending that can be tied to propping up the dollar.
    sigless.

So are SWIFT and ACH Netflix or Blockbuster?

SWIFT and ACH are production studios, though the analogy falls apart a little at the edges.
    focus.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    That Ari Paul video was very interesting. I like the ending, where he talks about the costs of Bitcoin, and how they are so high, the energy required to mine and do the proof of work required to keep the system secure. But the point how you can't compare that cost to the cost of visa transactions, or amex transactions, you have to compare that cost to the cost of securing the fiat currency structure, including up to military spending that can be tied to propping up the dollar.
    In that case, you need to tie those costs to bitcoin as well, since it relies upon a stable fiat currency to express its value, and if not, you have to figure out how much an unstable currency costs the economy that relies upon it and account for that.

Iím skeptical that propping up the dollar is anything more than a poor expression for what is actually propping up a stable economy. Which bitcoin relies upon, its dubious utility in skidding economies notwithstanding.

In other words: nonsense points are nonsense.
    focus.

The geopolitical dynamics right now are fascinating. And they carry enormous implications for currency volatility. We're watching acceleration in the move away from the Bretton Woods system of US-led international cooperation in favor of a new world order where non-US actors have both the opportunity & burden of asserting their positions going forward. The outlook for global trade is ? given historical reliance on an implicit safety guarantee from the US Military. Russia's exploring the deployment of a gold-backed digital coin for international settlements to replace the dollar, as an example.

Having massively complex systems like these in a state of transition towards an unknown future state is extremely bullish for safe harbors with predictability like bitcoin.

That military spending props up society, not the dollar. The stability of USD is a consequence of a stable and just society and general world peace.

The geopolitical dynamics right now are fascinating.
    Having massively complex systems like these in a state of transition towards an unknown future state is extremely bullish for safe harbors with predictability like bitcoin.
    To some maybe. However, to most the geopolitical dynamics right now are, thankfully, quite boring.

PONZI schemes and pure speculation in rigged insider markets are safe harbors?

LOL. Love the spin. You get some bonus points for creativity

You should really think of the inverse. What are the costs of a low-trust, high-risk, insecure, unstable society? Why do people who live in such societys park their money in higher trust, rule of law nations if they can afford to do so? Parasitically riding on the former, while paying for the latter, is a short term arbitrage.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    That military spending props up society, not the dollar. The stability of USD is a consequence of a stable and just society and general world peace.
    Military spending enriches the ruling class at the expense of everyone else. If you want to dedicate your life to hating on something maybe go after them instead of a potential equalizer.

Military spending enriches the ruling class at the expense of everyone else. If you want to dedicate your life to hating on something maybe go after them instead of a potential equalizer.

Hah! BTC is an equalizer! Of course it is!

Lulz.

The fuck are you smoking?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Hah! BTC is an equalizer! Of course it is!

Lulz.

The fuck are you smoking?
    Easy for you to say from the comfort of your first world lounge chair. Your opinion is much different than that of my Venezuelan friend, for which crypto has been the only thing enabling him to eat for months.

Keep screaming at people driving by in Model Ts that horses are the only true method of transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    You should really think of the inverse. What are the costs of a low-trust, high-risk, insecure, unstable society? Why do people who live in such societys park their money in higher trust, rule of law nations if they can afford to do so? Parasitically riding on the former, while paying for the latter, is a short term arbitrage.
    To understand the past it's useful. The relevance of the inverse goes down with the introduction of a trustless, secure, stable alternative though. There is software risk, regulatory risk, etc. But all in it's a choice between the current system which you know will fail, albeit slowly and one that might work very well despite having what's arguably a sharper risk profile.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Easy for you to say from the comfort of your first world lounge chair. Your opinion is much different than that of my Venezuelan friend, for which crypto has been the only thing enabling him to eat for months.

Keep screaming at people driving by in Model Ts that horses are the only true method of transportation.

Really? His opinion is that BTC is an equalizer against the Venezuelan military?

Right, Iím shaking my fist at BTC because itís too damn fast.
    focus.

But all in it's a choice between the current system which you know will fail.
    False premise is false.
    focus.

Really? His opinion is that BTC is an equalizer against the Venezuelan military?

Right, Iím shaking my fist at BTC because itís too damn fast.
    I'm not sure if you're trolling or just dense. BTC is an equalizer against power imbalances. Is BTC perfect? Absolutely not; but it's a step in the right direction IMO.

It's tough to point out things that work well in a place like Venezuela. For some people it seems to help. It's not a silver bullet for the populace overall though. Short term, bitcoin is probably a net driver of inequality (it's really a stretch to argue the poor can speculate & capitalize on it - the exception being sex workers with access to money). Democratizing banking in the long term would entail a lot of infrastructure updates that could help equalize the power distribution in places like VZ, but that infrastructure is still very immature relative to legacy banking.

There're probably a half dozen or more avenues of attack for crypto and digital money. All are in the early stages making it really gratifying for skeptics in search of inarticulate or lopsided bulls. But in the end, results speak for themselves. Market cap, use of the underlying technology, etc. I'm not sure how wise it is to pat yourself on the back while your counterparties are making money.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just dense. BTC is an equalizer against power imbalances. Is BTC perfect? Absolutely not; but it's a step in the right direction IMO.

How? How does it equalize against a power imbalance?

Real world experiment: Offer your friend $50 in BTC, or 50 actual dollars. Like, greenbacks.

See which he feels equalizes him against his oppressors.
    focus.

Interesting, maybe it's being used more than I thought:

https://twitter.com/krugermacro/stat...88027377278981

Top ten crypto related sites worldwide via @krugermacro
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	localbitcoins.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	286124

How? How does it equalize against a power imbalance?

Real world experiment: Offer your friend $50 in BTC, or 50 actual dollars. Like, greenbacks.

See which he feels equalizes him against his oppressors.
    I've literally paid for people to eat in Venezuela with crypto. But you can believe what you want and feel smug.

What I'm referring to is not an overnight change. We're talking about a generation at least, maybe more. The ruling class isn't just going to give up its power overnight. What power is that? Endless QE for the rich and a perpetual war machine. The F-35 can barely fucking fly and dickwads like Jamie Dimon are going around claiming how recessions are good for him. It's easy enough for me to see what side I want to be on. If you're fine with the current system, than you're a part of the problem.

the word money is just a symbol of value, and quite necessary. for me, for you. we are lucky to have that. real wealth?; it comes from within.

and the oracle is cool af btw. a student of dementia

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    the word money is just a symbol of value, and quite necessary. for me, for you. we are lucky to have that. real wealth?; it comes from within.

and the oracle is cool af btw. a student of dementia

Should be interesting when Justin Sun and Charlie Lee have lunch with WB. Sun is kind of a kook to me on most things, but bringing Charlie is a good call.

In terms of diversification in a crypto portfolio I like 50/25/25. Fifty percent BTC, 25 big caps (approximately top 10), and 25% small caps. Heavier on BTC is okay, but definitely no more on alts.