Page 413 of 643 FirstFirst ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,325 of 16066
    The majority of people and businesses in El Salvador don't use it ...even after the bitcoin giveaway to anyone who wanted to try it.. They took the free $30 worth of BTC and after that dumped it and the crappy money transfer system and fees.... A paragraph from Wikipedia..... .A poll by the Centro de Estudios Ciudadanos at Francisco Gavidia University in November 2021, found that 91% of Salvadorans preferred to use the US dollar over Bitcoin.[33] In January 2022, Fortune reported that the switch to bitcoin had made paying remittances more difficult for many Salvadorans, rather than easier as had been promised, because the fees associated with the bitcoin transactions were several times as expensive as traditional remittances.[34]
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Wow... poetic. It's like a fukkin' crypto zen koan.

But where's the nekkid hippy chicks taken slightly out of focus with the medium format body and 120mm manual, wide open for gratuitously overdone bokeh?

That's art, goddammit.

I mean, c'mon, we're waiting.

I thought you had an education, in math no less. 120 was a Kodak designation for medium format, while 35mm was actually an approximation of the actual size of the negative, which was actually 24mm x 36mm, but called 135. The more you know, eh?

Maybe you should stick to 75mm?

https://www.reddit.com/r/interesting...he_shockwaves/
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Hey, you’re the photog expert. I’m just an unwashed plebe.

And where are the nekkid hippy chicks?

Bitcoin Miners Shut Off Rigs as Texas Power Grid Nears Brink

"Nearly all industrial scale Bitcoin miners in Texas have shut off their machines as the companies brace for a heat wave that is expected to push the state’s power grid near its breaking point. "

"There are over 1,000 megawatts worth of Bitcoin mining load that responded to ERCOTs conservation request by turning off their machines to conserve energy for the grid.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...content=crypto
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

"turn off or get shut off"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Uh, wasn’t the whole fucking point crypto would load level? Why do they need to be told?

Imagine what they could do if they could turn some of that TW they were using back into energy when the grid needed it. Like if mining BTC spun off energy that could be stored instead of just blown away with fans.

I'm still waiting for the braintrust to present proof of actual work. It could be analogous to the brainshare itself. Maybe.

Oh boy...

"Celsius remained unable to make any public statements due to legal advice, but people with knowledge of the situation told The Block the firm was looking to avoid lengthy bankruptcy proceedings. Sources said Celsius believes much of its retail clientele would prefer the firm avoid bankruptcy and that users could show their support by engaging "HODL Mode" in their Celsius account, a security feature that keeps users from withdrawing or sending funds while activated, in the hopes that the legal team would see the strength of feeling existing among users."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

I thought you had an education, in math no less. 120 was a Kodak designation for medium format, while 35mm was actually an approximation of the actual size of the negative, which was actually 24mm x 36mm, but called 135. The more you know, eh?

Maybe you should stick to 75mm?

https://www.reddit.com/r/interesting...he_shockwaves/
    Ya but it was the 35mm that came with the dope cannisters for dope..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I figured he was talking about a 120mm manual lens for portraiture with a medium format body. I wouldn’t know, cuz I’m not a top photographer like MTM, but that seems about the right focal length for the mediocre out of focus shot he posted and waxed so poetic about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    I figured he was talking about a 120mm manual lens for portraiture with a medium format body. I wouldn’t know, cuz I’m not a top photographer like MTM, but that seems about the right focal length for the mediocre out of focus shot he posted and waxed so poetic about.
    If it was in focus, though….

If it was in focus…..

….it would still be mediocre at best. And yet, it would also still have nothing to do with this thread.
    focus.

Why don’t the miners just go on generator? They have to have an UPS. I ran a large data center on generator for days.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Why don’t the miners just go on generator? They have to have an UPS. I ran a large data center on generator for days.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Solar or wind. I thought Crypto was all about the environment?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Oh boy...

"...the hopes that the legal team would see the strength of feeling existing among users...."
    Wonder what the unit of measurement is for this?
    Ergs? Unicorn farts? Mashie nipple-nicks?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

re: "strength of feeling"

Ahh-yee-ahh-yee-ahh...
    I'm hooked on a feeling...
    I'm high on believing...
    That bitcoin will set me free...

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Bitcoin Miners Shut Off Rigs as Texas Power Grid Nears Brink

"Nearly all industrial scale Bitcoin miners in Texas have shut off their machines as the companies brace for a heat wave that is expected to push the state’s power grid near its breaking point. "

"There are over 1,000 megawatts worth of Bitcoin mining load that responded to ERCOTs conservation request by turning off their machines to conserve energy for the grid.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...content=crypto
    Credit where credit is due here, the ability to turn off 1 gw of demand is significant.

Good thing that bitcoin is so inconsequential that shutting off 7% of the processing capacity for 2 weeks doesn't have an economic effect...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Good thing that bitcoin is so inconsequential that shutting off 7% of the processing capacity for 2 weeks doesn't have an economic effect...
    Maybe everyone put their acct into HODL Mode?

Is that like HARBL mode?
    I still call it The Jake.

Ah yes, good old trustworthy crypto folks.
    https://www.reuters.com/legal/litiga...te-2022-07-11/

Oh wait, no one can find the three arrows guys and there's a decent chance they just make off with assets. So much better than TradFi.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Is that like HARBL mode?
    I know this Austrian dude who's last name is Harbl.

No, his first name isn't Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Ah yes, good old trustworthy crypto folks.
    https://www.reuters.com/legal/litiga...te-2022-07-11/

Oh wait, no one can find the three arrows guys and there's a decent chance they just make off with assets. So much better than TradFi.
    Three Arrows Capital founders: Come on, man... we don't even know how any of this works.

I did sell my crypto positions back in May but I have a Voyager wallet with cash in it still. I will let you all know when I can get my funds back. Seems like cash may come back first based on the email they recently sent.