Page 320 of 649 FirstFirst ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 16214
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Question: When I arrive at Thunderdome to view that evening's matches, will BTC be accepted at the door? or must I bring fuel or water for barter as well? Honestly, if they just had Will Call, I'd prefer that. Thanks in advance!
    On the virtual thumbs up smart contracts transfer BTC to the victor.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    On the virtual thumbs up smart contracts transfer BTC to the victor.
    https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...n?platform=amp

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Not sure if I should jump into the fray here, but I don't agree with any of you people. It seems to me that the expanded role of banks in policing since the patriot act is an overreach. It seems to me that people should be accused of a crime and then innocent until proven guilty after their day in court. Add to that the historic concentration of wealth and you have a recipe for discontent. Decentralization is a swing of the pendulum, and bitcoin can be a "pitchfork".

I'm just a speculator trying to bet on the fastest horse though.

I guess the same vitriol was spewed during the early internet days. And I understand that the horse vs car crowd really went at it. I can see their point of view, cars were awful in comparison to the peace and quiet of the old days. I'll be glad for the quiet when electric cars become ubiquitous.

We are living as history is being made here. May you live in interesting times, haha.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Jack Mallers on fire. Love that kid.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Not sure if I should jump into the fray here, but I don't agree with any of you people. It seems to me that the expanded role of banks in policing since the patriot act is an overreach. It seems to me that people should be accused of a crime and then innocent until proven guilty after their day in court. Add to that the historic concentration of wealth and you have a recipe for discontent. Decentralization is a swing of the pendulum, and bitcoin can be a "pitchfork".

I guess the same vitriol was spewed during the early internet days. And I understand that the horse vs car crowd really went at it. I can see their point of view, cars were awful in comparison to the peace and quiet of the old days. I'll be glad for the quiet when electric cars become ubiquitous.

We are living as history is being made here. May you live in interesting times, haha.
    You need to find a lawyer.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

We all do.
    Henry David Thoreau

You people using words like cult, here is your message from the heretics: Cult of the Central Bank: A Fiat Religion - Bitcoin 2022 Conference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0LKOGnuox4

Just watch it. It's only 16 minutes. Just listen.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post

1970 is when us banks were required to start reporting cash transactions over $10k. AML laws were expanded in the drug war of the 1980s to include other businesses and avenues (like car/truck dealers).

1970 is when us banks were required to start reporting cash transactions over $10k. AML laws were expanded in the drug war of the 1980s to include other businesses and avenues (like car/truck dealers).
    They were expanded in the 90s to require banks to report illegal or suspicious activity.

Mostly, the Patriot Act expanded the scope to include terrorists and made structuring or evasion reportable.

What part of that is an overreach?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    They were expanded in the 90s to require banks to report illegal or suspicious activity.

Mostly, the Patriot Act expanded the scope to include terrorists and made structuring or evasion reportable.

What part of that is an overreach?
    How about an infringement on our 4th Amendment rights? You know, the government isn't supposed to be allowed to conduct surveillance on everyone without probable cause.

Back when the Patriot Act passed, many libs were furious. Today you guys are essentially cheering the man on.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe

Including terrorists and expanding scope to structuring isn’t what made anybody furious. I guess I don’t know why I’d expect precision in this thread… But it makes it damn hard to talk about anything.

And the whole thing is a colossal PITA, even if I recognize the necessity of it. No cheering over here.
    focus.

thanks for clarifying
    Henry David Thoreau

Including terrorists and expanding scope to structuring isn’t what made anybody furious. I guess I don’t know why I’d expect precision in this thread… But it makes it damn hard to talk about anything.

And the whole thing is a colossal PITA, even if I recognize the necessity of it. No cheering over here.
    My dude, the definition of a terrorist is so broad these days that it encompasses anyone who doesn't fit into the ideals of the regime in power. The Patriot Act was and is abused so much it's hilarious and horrid simultaneously. Jimmy Clapper, the former head of national intelligence perjured himself in front of congress when he lied about the government conducting mass warrantless surveillance on millions of Americans. And of course he wasn't charged...which emboldened his cronies.

When CBDCs roll out, it's going to be the stuff of dreams for overreaching governments. But go on, keep talking about the necessity of the government monitoring our money and seizing it without due process. JFC.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    My dude, the definition of a terrorist is so broad these days that it encompasses anyone who doesn't fit into the ideals of the regime in power. The Patriot Act was and is abused so much it's hilarious and horrid simultaneously. Jimmy Clapper, the former head of national intelligence perjured himself in front of congress when he lied about the government conducting mass warrantless surveillance on millions of Americans. And of course he wasn't charged...which emboldened his cronies.

When CBDCs roll out, it's going to be the stuff of dreams for overreaching governments. But go on, keep talking about the necessity of the government monitoring our money and seizing it without due process. JFC.

Expanding the scope of bank reporting to include terrorists and attempts to structure isn’t what made anybody furious. We are talking about banking systems here. And then also about currency. And whatever the fuck BTC is. And asset seizure.

But you just wrote a whole paragraph about telephone surveillance. Just a tiny bit of intellectual discipline would make for a more productive discussion, but you’re like a 5th grader with ADD. Jesus fucking Christ.
    focus.

Imagine thinking defining anyone the current regime doesn’t like is a new phenomenon. By the way dishonest one - many of those groups were defined that way in the 1990s, before the patriot act.

Expanding the scope of bank reporting to include terrorists and attempts to structure isn’t what made anybody furious. We are talking about banking systems here. And then also about currency. And whatever the fuck BTC is. And asset seizure.

But you just wrote a whole paragraph about telephone surveillance. Just a tiny bit of intellectual discipline would make for a more productive discussion, but you’re like a 5th grader with ADD. Jesus fucking Christ.
    No dude, you're living in your own little world. Banks are just one part of the bigger picture. But they are also a tool for population control. Keep believing that this is just about telephone surveillance.

Getting good now. Population control? Do go on.

I too am curious. Expand.
    focus.

Imagine thinking defining anyone the current regime doesn’t like is a new phenomenon. By the way dishonest one - many of those groups were defined that way in the 1990s, before the patriot act.
    Well, financial digitization is relatively new, genius. Hitler and Mao weren't able to confiscate assets with a few keyboard clicks.

The world is unfortunately not becoming more democratic. We literally had an attempted coup last year in The United Fucking States of America. I don't think most of you realize how fucking bad shit would be if Donnie pulled it off. Donated to a pro-choice org? BAM! Your entire network is seized. Criticized Donnie Junior on Twitter? Now you're a domestic terrorist. What happenens when the next GOP president has nefarious intentions, but isn't a complete incompetent idiot?

"According to the Freedom House project’s 2021 Freedom in the World assessment, 2020 saw a sharp acceleration in the global decline of democracy. By their measure, fewer than a fifth of the world’s population now live in fully free countries. This is part of a longer trend of democratic decline and rising authoritarianism that’s been underway across the globe for the last 30 years."

https://fsi.stanford.edu/news/unders...thoritarianism

As a side note, being in crypto has made me realize even more how rigged our financial system is. We're supposedly the most democratic country in the world, but I can't spend my own money on a multitude of financial products I want to use/buy, or use exchanges I want to. And don't even get me started on accredited investor laws.

https://twitter.com/twobitidiot/stat...ngcI4dRFg&s=19

I'm talking about behavior, not genocide.

In other news...

BiTcOIn iS KiLlInG tHe PLaNeT!

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/08/tesl...-in-texas.html

Well, financial digitization is relatively new, genius. Hitler and Mao weren't able to confiscate assets with a few keyboard clicks.

The world is unfortunately not becoming more democratic. We literally had an attempted coup last year in The United Fucking States of America. I don't think most of you realize how fucking bad shit would be if Donnie pulled it off. Donated to a pro-choice org? BAM! Your entire network is seized. Criticized Donnie Junior on Twitter? Now you're a domestic terrorist. What happenens when the next GOP president has nefarious intentions, but isn't a complete incompetent idiot?

"According to the Freedom House project’s 2021 Freedom in the World assessment, 2020 saw a sharp acceleration in the global decline of democracy. By their measure, fewer than a fifth of the world’s population now live in fully free countries. This is part of a longer trend of democratic decline and rising authoritarianism that’s been underway across the globe for the last 30 years."

https://fsi.stanford.edu/news/unders...thoritarianism

As a side note, being in crypto has made me realize even more how rigged our financial system is. We're supposedly the most democratic country in the world, but I can't spend my own money on a multitude of financial products I want to use/buy, or use exchanges I want to. And don't even get me started on accredited investor laws.

https://twitter.com/twobitidiot/stat...ngcI4dRFg&s=19

Mao just made a decree. So did the Russians repudiating all of the czarist debt. So much if bitcoin hype is just magical thinking to let you pretend nothing before mattered, or existed.

Me three

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Me three
    Fourth’d
    Decisions Decisions

Dunfree is the head of population control. Resist. Own BTC. Prosper.