Page 92 of 640 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 15983
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Dude, you haven't sold anybody on cryptos. You wilted like old lettuce. Do you just want a logic free safe space where you can dream? What are you, a Millennial or something? Get the fuck out of the padded room if you can't take a little criticism or articulate a common sense argument. If you don't want to hear criticism, stop making ludicrous analogies.

This is a public forum. Expect the public to call you out on your stupidity/bullshit. If you and Stale want a safe space to play with each others poop, I suggest a private chat.
    Wilted, I haven't even put any effort as for some reason you can't seem to grasp. The analogies are probably poor it's because I've been discussing shit on the internet with people that actually put some forth some effort in learning about what they're trying to talk about and so far there are very few that do and the ones that have put some effort in learning about cryptos are proponents for it.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    I would agree with that, but IMHO there are others that actually do work.
    Yeah, but for what? What kills me is you readily acknowledge that paper bills are worthless if we don’t all agree they’re worth something. What makes us agree they’re worth something has very little in common with blockchain or bitbux (or whatever the fuck we’re allowed to talk about without you dismissing everybody as “just not getting it”).

Paper bills == crypto currency. USD ARE NOT similar to crypto currency, however. There’s a massive false equivalence going on here. A few hammers and saws don’t make a fucking construction company. Hammers and saws in the public domain won’t build a house, though you could incent people to hoard the hammers and saws cuz they’re cryptotools. Maybe you’d do that by building a few houses with them, showing everybody how amazing they work. I don’t fucking know. But you wouldn’t want a bunch of decentralized randoms building your house, because that would be a shitty fucking house.

You wouldn’t put this collection of cryptotools up against a construction company as a superior way to build a house, because that would be stupid. Somehow, though, we’re putting crypto up against real currency as a superior way to store and exchange value. The comparison doesn’t even make sense.

Some day, maybe crypto will be used as a real currency, and there have been a couple stabs at that (e.g. Venezuela). That’s pretty interesting. It will only work if the organization behind it is legit and has some idea how to fucking do it, though.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 12-08-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    focus.

Wilted, I haven't even put any effort as for some reason you can't seem to grasp. The analogies are probably poor it's because I've been discussing shit on the internet with people that actually put some forth some effort in learning about what they're trying to talk about and so far there are very few that do and the ones that have put some effort in learning about cryptos are proponents for it.
    Wow. You word around very poorly. I’m glad you’re so good at grasping things, though.
    focus.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    such as?
    I think this is the rub..... some are better (relatively) in terms of transaction costs and throughput, but the transaction itself is still an exchange of something purely speculative with little or no grounding in reality. I can imagine a world where dollars are exchanged through (a much better version of) crypto. Or an IPO is done via crypto. That’s interesting. All the other bullshit is entertaining for its stupidity at best.

Remember. The pet rock guy became a millionaire.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Wow. You word around very poorly. I’m glad you’re so good at grasping things, though.
    It is kinda sad, actually. There's millions of akpouges who are going to be left hodling the bag because they can't distinguish between objective analysis and a vested interest trying to prop up their own portfolio. I've read that Millennials have terrible critical thinking skills and cryptos seems to be the proof.

Altruism? Maybe not. But perhaps it is our duty as a society to rub their nose in their own stupidity every time bitcoin legs down another $1000. Maybe these poor suckers will learn something before they take over. Whatever. Maybe every generation deserves their own turn to wrestle with the fact that human beings are shit.

Last edited by neckdeep; 12-08-2018 at 04:32 PM.

It is kinda sad, actually. There's millions of akpouges who are going to be left hodling the bag because they can't distinguish between objective analysis and a vested interest trying to prop up their own portfolio. I've read that Millennials have terrible critical thinking skills and cryptos seems to be the proof.

Altruism? Maybe not. But perhaps it is our duty as a society to rub their nose in their own stupidity every time bitcoin legs down another $1000. Maybe these poor suckers will learn something before they take over. Whatever. Maybe every generation deserves their own turn to wrestle with the fact that human beings are shit.

^^^ I’ve thought this a few times but never managed to articulate it. I think we have a duty to eschew harmful bullshit. And something that encourages the many to throw their money at the few for no benefit is harmful.

Maybe that’s why bullying is so engrained in our species? It serves a purpose to mock stupid shit.... [/crossthread]
    focus.

I don't put any value into some of your guys opinion. It's the weekend and you've nothing better to do than post on here your crap about cryptos. Im working in another country and wish I had something better to do. I'd maybe put some thought into your opinion if you actually did some research but I haven't seen that. I have done a ton of research into this and have no altruism, it's nice to know they're are such smart people like yourselves looking out for the disadvantaged like me.

HODL!

Lambos for everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Yeah, but for what? What kills me is you readily acknowledge that paper bills are worthless if we don’t all agree they’re worth something. What makes us agree they’re worth something has very little in common with blockchain or bitbux (or whatever the fuck we’re allowed to talk about without you dismissing everybody as “just not getting it”).

Paper bills == crypto currency. USD ARE NOT similar to crypto currency, however. There’s a massive false equivalence going on here. A few hammers and saws don’t make a fucking construction company. Hammers and saws in the public domain won’t build a house, though you could incent people to hoard the hammers and saws cuz they’re cryptotools. Maybe you’d do that by building a few houses with them, showing everybody how amazing they work. I don’t fucking know. But you wouldn’t want a bunch of decentralized randoms building your house, because that would be a shitty fucking house.

You wouldn’t put this collection of cryptotools up against a construction company as a superior way to build a house, because that would be stupid. Somehow, though, we’re putting crypto up against real currency as a superior way to store and exchange value. The comparison doesn’t even make sense.

Some day, maybe crypto will be used as a real currency, and there have been a couple stabs at that (e.g. Venezuela). That’s pretty interesting. It will only work if the organization behind it is legit and has some idea how to fucking do it, though.
    Do you even know the difference between and centralized and decentralized crypto?

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    What baffles me personally, is not the propensity of individuals speculating with cryptos but the silence of the green parties and environmentalist voicing agains it. At some point decided to read up what the general stance is amongst the different enviromentalist*, like organisations and individuals and it was muted at best.
    Talked with a local green party member and even then didnt get any clear opinions, more of a "meh, dat is a human thing" instead of some analysis of the impact of the phenomena on our society.

That got me curious. What are your thoughts, BroMo and other peeps dealing with cryptos : Milk it while it is still going on? Is it an asset like oil, weed and military industry?
    There's a crypto called electroneum that has an app for an android phone to mine that crypto so there's not much energy being used there. I'm fairly certain they're working on an iphone app but haven't released it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    HODL!

Lambos for everyone!
    Have I missed a post but I don't recall lately anyone saying to go out and get rich buying cryptos right now.

BUY THE DIP!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

After tax I think I cleared around 4k on crypto. Maybe 5k. I can't remember.

Wouldn't mind doing that again.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

There's a crypto called electroneum that has an app for an android phone to mine that crypto so there's not much energy being used there. I'm fairly certain they're working on an iphone app but haven't released it yet.
    Whoa, I have no horse in this race. But this just doesn't make sense. Just because it is on a phone doesn't mean it isn't using power to mine. Laws of Physics still apply.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    Whoa, I have no horse in this race. But this just doesn't make sense. Just because it is on a phone doesn't mean it isn't using power to mine. Laws of Physics still apply.
    Did you have your coffee yet or do you just suck at reading comprehension?

Did you have your coffee yet or do you just suck at reading comprehension?
    Maybe both. Aren't you saying that mining that coin consumes negligible amounts of energy because it is happening on an android phone?

Maybe both. Aren't you saying that mining that coin consumes negligible amounts of energy because it is happening on an android phone?
    I said not much, last I checked not much doesn't mean none. What do I need to research it and find the exact amount? Not much is compared to bitcoin which requires a lot of energy to mine and no I don't have exact figures nor am i going to research it to find exact numbers.

I said not much, last I checked not much doesn't mean none. What do I need to research it and find the exact amount? Not much is compared to bitcoin which requires a lot of energy to mine and no I don't have exact figures nor am i going to research it to find exact numbers.
    It doesn't require much on each phone but it requires LOTS of phones. All those FLOPs aren't free.

It doesn't require much on each phone but it requires LOTS of phones. All those FLOPs aren't free.
    How many phones does it require?

What does a phone have to do with it in the first place?
    focus.

Do you even know the difference between and centralized and decentralized crypto?
    Do you even know the difference between fiat currency, commodity currency, and crypto currency?

Fiat crypto or commodity crypto is interesting....
    focus.

different coins = different algos = different processing needs/power consumption

I think they said litecoin was developed for this purpose specifically vs bitcoin.

How many GPUs does bitcoin require?

The more you have the faster it goes.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    different coins = different algos = different processing needs/power consumption

I think they said litecoin was developed for this purpose specifically vs bitcoin.
    Which is the cryto with negligible processing needs?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

has anyone gone to a developing world country (or just another country) and seen if this shit actually works? asked these ostensible end users what they are looking for? by that - wechatpay is massively popular in china - 800million users, huge volume, deployed everywhere. it does the "pay electronically in person thing with your bank account" well - which might be all the functionality people want.