Page 276 of 641 FirstFirst ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 16004
    ^ have fun staying poor.

Yeah you really sound like yoda.

There is consensis that the majority of the thousands of crypto projects out there won't make it. But conflating nascent tech with beanie babies mostly speaks to the level of understanding.

It's like comparing the .com era that ended in 2003 to tulips and plenty of people did that! But look at that bubble now on the nasdaq chart.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Where you folks at with LRC? I mean, I’m only in it for chump change, but still. Seems like the collective was super bullish just a few weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Where you folks at with LRC? I mean, I’m only in it for chump change, but still. Seems like the collective was super bullish just a few weeks back.
    There's a lot of of stuckholders of LRC on a Gamestop discord. It was a one-trick pony imo so I avoided

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Has anyone here used IBKR for crypto purchases?
    I went through the litany of IBKR permissions to purchase crypto which they fulfill through Paxos (a third party) but never actually bought because it was better tax-wise to purchase via Canadian ETFs

I'm holding onto a grand or so of LRC. Obviously down now as everything is. Great entry price. If things run again the hype will prob pump it.

Skybridge capital now has quarter billion in an algorand fund, calling it the Google of crypto. I think it'll do well long term.

Lots of cheap prices out there now. Great time to be accumulating.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    I'm holding onto a grand or so of LRC. Obviously down now as everything is. Great entry price. If things run again the hype will prob pump it.

Skybridge capital now has quarter billion in an algorand fund, calling it the Google of crypto. I think it'll do well long term.

Lots of cheap prices out there now. Great time to be accumulating.
    Saw a bull bear discussion with scarramuci. The bear made a point that if BTC acted like a currency and basically went side wise for a couple years would anyone care about it?

^^^ That would actually inspire some confidence that it isn't a pyramid scam. RE: Beanie Babies, totally different thing, there is actually inherent value in BTC.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^ I agree most stuff like this is nonsense.

But watch, somehow some shit developed will make millions,

They they'll be laughing.

True if big!

Tom's Hardware broke the news yesterday that Intel would present a new "Bonanza Mine" ASIC chip designed for ultra-low-voltage and energy-efficient Bitcoin mining at the upcoming ISSCC conference, but Intel would neither confirm nor deny if the chip would be made available to customers. Today, Fox Business reports that crypto-mining startup GRIID, which is set to go public for an estimated $3.3 billion on the NYSE in the coming days, has signed a long-term contract with Intel for its "BMZ2" mining ASICs. This means Intel will in fact compete in the hardware market for specialized ASICs for Bitcoin mining, opening up a new market that the company hasn't addressed directly in the past.

GRIID divulged the news via its S-4 filing, which covers its plans to operate three industrial-scale facilities totaling a massive 48 megawatts of power. The company's filing says that it has contracted with both Bitmain and MicroBT for mining ASICs, but has also "[...] entered into a definitive supply contract with Intel to provide ASICs that we expect to fuel our growth. The initial order will supply units to be delivered in 2022 and GRIID will have access to a significant share of Intel's future production volumes."

"On September 8, 2021, GRIID entered to a supply agreement (the "Intel Supply Agreement") pursuant to which GRIID may purchase Intel-designed BZM2 ASICs. The Intel Supply Agreement is for an initial four-year term and will automatically renew thereafter for one period unless either party provides at least 90 days' notice prior to the end of the initial four-year term. The Intel Supply Agreement provides GRIID with fixed pricing for the BZM2 ASICs for all orders placed prior to May 2023. In addition, subject to certain conditions, GRIID will be entitled to purchase from Intel at least 25% of all qualified Intel-designed ASICs through approximately May 2025."

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...t-big-customer

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

^ add that news to the continuation of the lightening network adoption/cash app interface etc..

Hello world.

^ add that news to the continuation of the lightening network adoption/cash app interface etc..

Hello world.
    Gotta love this nugget from GRIID's S-4. Ninety percent carbon-free corn by 2023 EOY. Haters will say it's photoshopped.

"Griid Holdco LLC is an emerging American infrastructure company in the bitcoin mining sector. GRIID employs a vertically integrated self-mining strategy to develop and operate U.S.-based mining facilities that generate bitcoin. As of the date of this proxy statement/prospectus, GRIID has 48MW of available electrical capacity in its New York facility and its two Tennessee facilities, and GRIID believes that it is well-positioned to grow its capacity to 734MW by the end of 2023. GRIID’s mining operations currently utilize application specific integrated circuits (“ASICs”) manufactured by two leading companies, Bitmain and MicroBT. GRIID recently entered into a supply agreement with Intel Corporation, which will provide an additional source of supply of ASICs. GRIID has begun the process of developing a carbon-free focused power pipeline including 1300MW of power capacity, subject to memoranda of understanding and letters of intent, land acquisition and infrastructure procurement. GRIID’s existing facilities utilize approximately 74% carbon-free power, and GRIID expects that its facilities will utilize approximately 79% carbon-free power by the end of 2022 and more than 90% carbon-free power by the end of 2023, respectively. These carbon-free levels are based solely on generation type and not from offsets or carbon credits."

Also interesting.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/gadgets...st-2717393/amp

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Gotta love this nugget from GRIID's S-4. Ninety percent carbon-free corn by 2023 EOY. Haters will say it's photoshopped.

"Griid Holdco LLC is an emerging American infrastructure company in the bitcoin mining sector. GRIID employs a vertically integrated self-mining strategy to develop and operate U.S.-based mining facilities that generate bitcoin. As of the date of this proxy statement/prospectus, GRIID has 48MW of available electrical capacity in its New York facility and its two Tennessee facilities, and GRIID believes that it is well-positioned to grow its capacity to 734MW by the end of 2023. GRIID’s mining operations currently utilize application specific integrated circuits (“ASICs”) manufactured by two leading companies, Bitmain and MicroBT. GRIID recently entered into a supply agreement with Intel Corporation, which will provide an additional source of supply of ASICs. GRIID has begun the process of developing a carbon-free focused power pipeline including 1300MW of power capacity, subject to memoranda of understanding and letters of intent, land acquisition and infrastructure procurement. GRIID’s existing facilities utilize approximately 74% carbon-free power, and GRIID expects that its facilities will utilize approximately 79% carbon-free power by the end of 2022 and more than 90% carbon-free power by the end of 2023, respectively. These carbon-free levels are based solely on generation type and not from offsets or carbon credits."

Also interesting.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/gadgets...st-2717393/amp
    It’s an improvement, but keep in mind:

1300MW is enough electricity to power about 400,000 homes. So basically a medium sized US city.

At 90% efficiency, that’s the equivalent of adding 40,000 homes worth of carbon based energy for one Bitcoin mining company.

And that’s assuming this is all net new energy created and not using limited renewable resources that would otherwise be used for things that matter.

Corn? So farming subsidies to fund your magic bits? Way to suckle on the government tit, liberturds. Line go up dumbfucks, and you’ll still be a stupid sack of shit byates, even if you’ve got a hooker sucking your “rich” dick

I have no dog in the fight on either side, but came across this today.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...n-Problem.html

Kazakhstan Revolution happened not long after mining moved their, coincidence? I’m sure the magic bit fascists don’t think so, line go up. Crypto is a scam destroying the planet, lives, and life. It’s a mlm for incels. Fuck people pushing it.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

BTC relatively steady but the infrastructure stocks are getting crushed. If BTC stops going up for profit public plays will struggle mightily: riot, bkkt, mara, etc. bkkt is especially interesting as a well capitalized pure play on institutional adaptation and it looks like it’s going broke.

I can see MSTR trading at a discount to its BTC holdings. That will be really interesting. If they liquidated all their BTC they’d still have $2b in debt. So their NAV is negative now anyway.
    Last edited by 4matic; 01-19-2022 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Corn? So farming subsidies to fund your magic bits? Way to suckle on the government tit, liberturds. Line go up dumbfucks, and you’ll still be a stupid sack of shit byates, even if you’ve got a hooker sucking your “rich” dick
    Lol. Interesting. If I get that rich I'll instead pay a couple huge black guys to gang rape you, record it and share it w your family.

Lol. Interesting. If I get that rich I'll instead pay a couple huge black guys to gang rape you, record it and share it w your family.
    Ummm, as I’ve said, no dog in the fight. But, that is some pretty fucked up shit right there.

Carry on, I suppose…

Why on earth would you say that?

Kinda f'ed up dude calling me stupid dumb fuck when all this thread is about is helping others tune into something that could help them immensely.

Yeah, you reinforced that idea with the post. Seriously, post first, then smoke crack. (Or, just don‘t post your racist ass shit at all.)

Lotta hate in here. Shit slung on both sides with inevitable escalation.
    All I want is the occasional free hint for spending my milk money, and even that ruffles feathers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Racist? Wha?

Buy BTC, hold BTC long term.

Do research on the space. As noted above big players and moving into the fin tech space. The next 10 years should be interesting.