Page 273 of 643 FirstFirst ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 16056
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    What's the brief recommendation on a coin wallet? I'm late to the game potential but figure I should have some sort of yolo money to learn to screw around with.
    Really depends on which coins you plan to own. Ledger supports the most coins. Definitely recommend buying with a method and address that are not linked back to you. Ledger doxxed a ton of their own customers a little while back. FWIW, unfortunately the UX is still pretty poor these days. Feel free to ask more questions here or DM.

This is a good key management guide. Give it a read to familiarize yourself with best practices. It has some information on owner and active keys which are specific to eosio blockchains, but essentially they are just 2 private/public key pairs for extra security rather than a single private/public key pair used by many blockchain softwares.

https://waxsweden.org/private-key-ma...t-for-dummies/

Casa has been my favorite storage solution by far. But it's BTC only.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I’m suspect tasteless old geezers said the same thing about Van Gogh in his time
    there were always dealers willing to scam parvenu like you by selling them fake shit. there are now dueling bored ape fakes
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/30/...yc-copycat-nft
    just classic rubes in the art market scamming bullshit. Real artists get their art stolen every day to sell as NFTs and get fuck all from it; but the dealers make money. Same as it ever was. “Line go up!”

I've said it before, but art NFT's are the fad, but the use case for the token is authentication broadly. That has immense potential. Think inventory, identity, property, intellectual and real, and so forth.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    What's the brief recommendation on a coin wallet? I'm late to the game potential but figure I should have some sort of yolo money to learn to screw around with.
    Metamask (a software wallet) is fine for smaller amounts. A hardware wallet such as Ledger is better for larger amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've said it before, but art NFT's are the fad, but the use case for the token is authentication broadly. That has immense potential. Think inventory, identity, property, intellectual and real, and so forth.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    lol.
    Just going to quote that one for when you eat your shoe.

Keep investing in that IBM and Ford.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Metamask (a software wallet) is fine for smaller amounts. A hardware wallet such as Ledger is better for larger amounts.
    I think it's worth saying that wrt metamask, ETH gas (transaction) fees are not worth it for small value transactions and choosing the proper amount is an atrocious UX. Setting gwei too low and losing all your money when your transaction fails sucks.

For software wallets I'd say start with something like Phantom on Solana or the Wax Cloud Wallet.

So, why shouldn’t I just keep everything in my Coinbase Pro account? Only talking about a few grand here. At least until BTC at ETH go to $100k.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    So, why shouldn’t I just keep everything in my Coinbase Pro account? Only talking about a few grand here. At least until BTC at ETH go to $100k.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The most fundamental rule in crypto is not your keys, not your coins. You can certainly leave coins on an exchange, but there is an arguably higher risk of losing your shit. Coinbase could be hacked or your account could be hacked, especially with a weak password or phishing attacks. Coinbase could freeze your funds or any number of things. If you must leave coins on an exchange, at least use 2FA with Google Authenticator or similar and enable withdrawal address whitelisting.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Just going to quote that one for when you eat your shoe.

Keep investing in that IBM and Ford.
    Yeah not good to lol MTM's post. All of this stuff is leading to the fractionalization, tokenization, and financialization of everything. W/ modern technology entities can perfectly optimize for consumer preferences in ways they can't right now. Could be kind of dystopian, but could also be nice.

This threads 7 years old. What’s crypto brought other than line go up wealth, scams and a flood of shit news? Some of which converts people into crypto shitposting zealots.

Sorry, I know this is dense, but can't overstate how important:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YShbzR7mlog

I feel a bit giddy, really.

In this 2022 kickoff presentation, Chainlink Co-founder Sergey Nazarov discusses the fundamental need for deterministic cryptographic truth over the current system of probabilistic paper-based guarantees, and how Chainlink is facilitating this crucial societal transition.

Nazarov explains how Chainlink has come to secure over $75 billion by providing secure and reliable off-chain data and computation services to dApps, and then details plans for cross-chain interoperability using CCIP, the upcoming release of staking, and the use of Chainlink as an abstraction layer by Web 2.0 and enterprises.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

SN=SN
    jk
    kek
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    This threads 7 years old. What’s crypto brought other than line go up wealth, scams and a flood of shit news? Some of which converts people into crypto shitposting zealots.
    Not to pile on, but any wealth gains have necessarily come at the expense of somebody else. It isn’t actually adding anything to any economy in any meaningful way. It’s just picking some new winners, and I’m at a loss to understand why that’s a good thing unless you’re one of those winners (and good for you if you are).

It burns time, natural resources, and a lot of bright minds. Which, I’m fine with the latter. We have to spend time finding solutions to problems we haven’t identified yet; that’s what progress looks like.
    focus.

There is data showing that a very large % of world gdp is skimmed by folks that contribute nothing. Hopefully that can change.
    Henry David Thoreau

But honestly I don't care what you think.
    Henry David Thoreau

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    There is data showing that a very large % of world gdp is skimmed by folks that contribute nothing. Hopefully that can change.
    Right. That isn’t a good thing, right? Even if it isn’t the worst thing you can point to, it isn’t exactly positive. Coming up with new ways to do it isn’t positive either, the fact that it’s already happening notwithstanding. Not in overall benefit-to-society terms. For you, it’s great. And that’s cool. You ride that gravy train until it crashes. But philosophically…..

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    But honestly I don't care what you think.
    What? Nothing says you don’t care like telling me you don’t care.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    It isn’t actually adding anything to any economy in any meaningful way.
    Tell me you're financially privileged without telling me you're financially privileged.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Tell me you're financially privileged without telling me you're financially privileged.

What do you think you’re saying here? And don’t use CT platitudes to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    What do you think you’re saying here? And don’t use CT platitudes to explain it.
    He’s getting the next mark in. Like Matt Damon last night, it’s classic bullshit. The arc of some posters since the beginning of this thread from reasoned critic to fervent zealot all in is something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    What? Nothing says you don’t care like telling me you don’t care.
    Henry David Thoreau

I regret to inform you that the "crypto is a ponzi because I am too stupid to understand it" crowd is out today. Again.
    https://twitter.com/BullyEsq/status/1478087726385741826
    Henry David Thoreau

Henry David Thoreau

A fucking cult.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I mean that 99.9% of the people on teh TGRs will never know what it's like to not have access to banking services that we all take for granted. A cheap smart phone in a developing nation gives instant access to the very same decentralized Bitcoin network everyone else uses. It really is game changing.