Page 421 of 643 FirstFirst ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,525 of 16056
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Attachment 423364

I guess they’re really hoping this BlackRock thing brings in a new round of greater fools.
    They are sniffing in the wrong place (big smart money) for greater fools. That set might be more interested in a short position.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

BlackRock seems like a machine that cryptobros should rage against.
    Unless the SEC rules otherwise, ETFs cannot hold BTC. iShares does not have much skin in the game.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 08-08-2022 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    BlackRock seems like a machine that cryptobros should rage against
    No, you see it's only the machine if it disagrees with crypto. Once they buy, they become proof of legitimacy. Get out of here with your logic and consistency. It's a commodity, or art, or a security, or the future, or whatever the fuck they have to say to make people buy in and make themselves rich.

I love the insinuation that blackrock can just do whatever the fuck they want with their clients’ money.

And do I even want to know what his “multiplier” is supposed to represent?

The “baffle em with bullshit” contingent is getting more brazen by the day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I believe it is supposed to represent 21X. What - you're all like 'I have questions', blah blah due diligence and bullshit. So you hate making money and like being poor? Ok bro.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    I believe it is supposed to represent 21X. What - you're all like 'I have questions', blah blah due diligence and bullshit. So you hate making money and like being poor? Ok bro.
    I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying you’d be more convincing with laser eyes.

If I pull numbers out of my ass, I can get the numbers I want... but they are smelly.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It's Mr wonderful. He can't be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I love the insinuation that blackrock can just do whatever the fuck they want with their clients’ money.

The “baffle em with bullshit” contingent is getting more brazen by the day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    fuhgedit Jimmy it’s cryptotown

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    fuhgedit Jimmy it’s cryptotown
    Name:  Image1660011384.067720.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  57.0 KB
    Laser eyes just don’t come across well through the iPhone photo editor

Name:  46299fcb258943223e52295604fae363_mob.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  22.8 KB

I'm not keen on NFTs, but I also don't own any expensive art or Prada handbags. Anyhoo I have a reason to learn more. There's a chainlink coding tutorial on youtube that implements vrf (random number generator) to make a batch of NFTs. After vacation I'll sit down and give it a go. Maybe I can progress on to some weather feed coding, much more interesting for me. Stalefish or anybody else that might like to collaborate, shoot me a dm.

But more about the NFTs, here's a bloomberg article:

Luxury Brands Gucci, Tiffany Dive Into NFTs Despite Slump
    Crypto downturn hasn’t dissuaded brands from digital tokens
    Firms still see NFTs as promising for customer engagement

Even the cold winds of a crypto winter can’t keep luxury brands away from nonfungible tokens.

Kering SA’s Gucci and LVMH’s Tiffany & Co. this week added to the throng of high-end brands diving further into the cryptosphere, launching NFT-related projects. For Gucci, it’s adding another crypto to the wheelhouse of currencies it accepts as payment, while Tiffany will use NFTs as a digital passport to make custom physical jewelry for crypto aficionados.

The companies described these initiatives as “the future” and “yet another step” in their exploration of web3, a moniker given to next-generation internet technologies.

But the market conditions for these launches seem less than ideal.

Demand in the NFT market has slumped in recent months, with resale value performing poorly alongside wider industry turmoil that has wiped around $2 trillion from the crypto sector’s total value. Still industry executives said many large consumer companies continue to see NFTs and web3 technologies as a promising way to engage with customers.

“Brands have this opportunity to have a new kind of relationship with their customers,” said Ian Rogers, former chief digital officer at LVMH and now chief experience officer at crypto hardware firm Ledger. “What you are going to see over the next few years is a lot of experimentation as people figure that out.”

Read more: CryptoPunks Lurk in Tiffany’s Little Blue Box: Bloomberg Crypto

Ledger itself has launched a marketplace for NFTs which it hopes will become the home for drops from leading brands and artists. It also previously collaborated with LVMH’s Fendi, creating Fendi-branded tech accessories designed to house Ledger’s USB stick-sized wallets.

The partnerships work both ways, with pricing data showing that endorsement by big brands can be beneficial for crypto projects too.

Following Tiffany’s July 31 announcement that it would offer “NFTiff” collectible passes that could be redeemed by owners of CryptoPunk NFTs for a custom pendant, the digital artwork collection’s floor price rose more than 9% to 74.69 Ether, or roughly $123,000, according to data from NFTPriceFloor.

And after Gucci’s tweet on Tuesday about accepting ApeCoin as a form of payment at some of its boutique stores in the US, the token pared an earlier 4% slump to trade nearly flat by 5 p.m. in London, according to pricing data from CoinGecko. The Bored Ape Yacht Club collection of NFTs, created by ApeCoin issuer Yuga Labs, also rose Tuesday, climbing 5.2% on Tuesday to 84.19 Ether.

By contrast the broader JPG NFT Index, which tracks the prices of a small number of blue-chip NFT projects, was down 5.4%.

“I’m hearing lots of brands are actually happy the price speculation has fallen away,” said Simon Taylor, head of strategy and content at crypto fraud prevention startup Sardine. “Brands that were concerned about being seen to make a quick buck are now less concerned. The recent launches show belief in the utility of NFTs to engage their consumers and customers to do new things digitally.”

Read more: The Disastrous Record of Celebrity Crypto Endorsements

Gucci will be the first brand to accept ApeCoin in US stores and plans to expand that reach across the rest of its North American presence this summer, company spokesperson Claudio Monteverde said in an email Tuesday.

The Italian fashion house had posted a job advertisement for a “Web3 Manager” in January, seeking someone with experience in digital assets to help drive sales in digital art and NFTs. Monteverde confirmed that the position has yet to be filled, as “the team is still evaluating some options.”

A permanent team dedicated to the metaverse, a virtual world that includes different technologies, was formed by Gucci more than a year and a half ago, he added. Evolved out of the brand’s earlier gaming strategy, Monteverde said the Dream Big unit could be seen as akin to “a startup exploring new areas of opportunity” for the business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic..._medium=social
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

This is from 2019, but relevant as a bitcoin coder explains things:

https://www.whatbitcoindid.com/podca...s-bitcoin-work
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Use case for crypto: high end fashion, vanity nft’s, metaverse accoutrements.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Name:  monocle1.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  7.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I'm not keen on NFTs, but I also don't own any expensive art or Prada handbags. Anyhoo I have a reason to learn more. There's a chainlink coding tutorial on youtube that implements vrf (random number generator) to make a batch of NFTs. After vacation I'll sit down and give it a go. Maybe I can progress on to some weather feed coding, much more interesting for me. Stalefish or anybody else that might like to collaborate, shoot me a dm.

But more about the NFTs, here's a bloomberg article:

Luxury Brands Gucci, Tiffany Dive Into NFTs Despite Slump
    Crypto downturn hasn’t dissuaded brands from digital tokens
    Firms still see NFTs as promising for customer engagement

Even the cold winds of a crypto winter can’t keep luxury brands away from nonfungible tokens.

Kering SA’s Gucci and LVMH’s Tiffany & Co. this week added to the throng of high-end brands diving further into the cryptosphere, launching NFT-related projects. For Gucci, it’s adding another crypto to the wheelhouse of currencies it accepts as payment, while Tiffany will use NFTs as a digital passport to make custom physical jewelry for crypto aficionados.

The companies described these initiatives as “the future” and “yet another step” in their exploration of web3, a moniker given to next-generation internet technologies.

But the market conditions for these launches seem less than ideal.

Demand in the NFT market has slumped in recent months, with resale value performing poorly alongside wider industry turmoil that has wiped around $2 trillion from the crypto sector’s total value. Still industry executives said many large consumer companies continue to see NFTs and web3 technologies as a promising way to engage with customers.

“Brands have this opportunity to have a new kind of relationship with their customers,” said Ian Rogers, former chief digital officer at LVMH and now chief experience officer at crypto hardware firm Ledger. “What you are going to see over the next few years is a lot of experimentation as people figure that out.”

Read more: CryptoPunks Lurk in Tiffany’s Little Blue Box: Bloomberg Crypto

Ledger itself has launched a marketplace for NFTs which it hopes will become the home for drops from leading brands and artists. It also previously collaborated with LVMH’s Fendi, creating Fendi-branded tech accessories designed to house Ledger’s USB stick-sized wallets.

The partnerships work both ways, with pricing data showing that endorsement by big brands can be beneficial for crypto projects too.

Following Tiffany’s July 31 announcement that it would offer “NFTiff” collectible passes that could be redeemed by owners of CryptoPunk NFTs for a custom pendant, the digital artwork collection’s floor price rose more than 9% to 74.69 Ether, or roughly $123,000, according to data from NFTPriceFloor.

And after Gucci’s tweet on Tuesday about accepting ApeCoin as a form of payment at some of its boutique stores in the US, the token pared an earlier 4% slump to trade nearly flat by 5 p.m. in London, according to pricing data from CoinGecko. The Bored Ape Yacht Club collection of NFTs, created by ApeCoin issuer Yuga Labs, also rose Tuesday, climbing 5.2% on Tuesday to 84.19 Ether.

By contrast the broader JPG NFT Index, which tracks the prices of a small number of blue-chip NFT projects, was down 5.4%.

“I’m hearing lots of brands are actually happy the price speculation has fallen away,” said Simon Taylor, head of strategy and content at crypto fraud prevention startup Sardine. “Brands that were concerned about being seen to make a quick buck are now less concerned. The recent launches show belief in the utility of NFTs to engage their consumers and customers to do new things digitally.”

Read more: The Disastrous Record of Celebrity Crypto Endorsements

Gucci will be the first brand to accept ApeCoin in US stores and plans to expand that reach across the rest of its North American presence this summer, company spokesperson Claudio Monteverde said in an email Tuesday.

The Italian fashion house had posted a job advertisement for a “Web3 Manager” in January, seeking someone with experience in digital assets to help drive sales in digital art and NFTs. Monteverde confirmed that the position has yet to be filled, as “the team is still evaluating some options.”

A permanent team dedicated to the metaverse, a virtual world that includes different technologies, was formed by Gucci more than a year and a half ago, he added. Evolved out of the brand’s earlier gaming strategy, Monteverde said the Dream Big unit could be seen as akin to “a startup exploring new areas of opportunity” for the business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic..._medium=social
    Flattered you thought of me, but I'm tapped out on free time hobby projects for the foreseeable future.

Hope you learn some good stuff though!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Use case for tradfi: insane wealth growth for the elite, keep middle and lower class in debt, devalue USD over time.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Use case for tradfi: insane wealth growth for the elite, keep middle and lower class in debt, devalue USD over time.
    And you post that while also posting about black rock possibly using crypto to make more insane wealth for the elite.. ..you are so full of hypocritical bullshit and lies that you need your own personal sewage permit...you will make an excellent successor to Alex Jones after he goes broke and (hopefully) ends his show
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Just pointing out it's all a game. Railing on crypto and ignoring tradfi makes no sense.

Settle down dingleberry.

devalue USD over time.
    That's a feature, not a bug.

Consider a world where cash goes up in value over time — where simply because you stuffed some money under a mattress, you can afford more and more of society’s production every year. This sounds like a pretty good deal, right? In fact, it is a good deal — too good, really. In this sort of deflationary world, you’re getting wealth for nothing — society is continually transferring you more and more of the fruits of its labors in exchange for you doing absolutely bupkis.

If money earns a positive real return over time, that return doesn’t represent a reward for hard work done; it represents a freebie. A handout. In economic terms, this is called “rent”.

If Bitcoin actually did become the currency of the land, and its value rose year after year, that rising value would represent a transfer of real resources to people who sit on cash and do nothing at all with it. And where do those real resources come from? Well, they must come from productive workers and companies. So the world Bitcoiners imagine is a world where productive workers and companies are subsidizing the lifestyles of cash hoarders.

That doesn’t sound fair. And it’s not economically efficient either. Economists argue back and forth over whether the optimal rate of inflation is 0 or some small positive number, but you will find very few who argue that the optimal rate of inflation is negative.

So if cash shouldn’t make you wealthier over time, what should? The answer is simple: Productive assets. When you invest your savings in a company, you’re (at least theoretically) funding that company to do something productive. By allocating your capital to productive projects, you’re not being a useless rentier, you’re being a capitalist — you’re taking on risk, and getting paid a return for taking on that risk.
    https://noahpinion.substack.com/p/ec...-of-the-crypto

Just pointing out it's all a game. Railing on crypto and ignoring tradfi makes no sense.

Settle down dingleberry.
    Shitstain, tradfi at least has some value. Issue bonds to finance your company or government. Issue stock to finance your company or government.

Crypto is just gambling. Degenerates losing en masse to the the house but thinking they won

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    And then you get people hodling USD instead of buying goods and services or investing in things that create value. Chaos. Gotta keep things lubed up….
    focus.

Larry Fink just named dunfree as his personal finance czar. Congrats man.

Larry Fink just named dunfree as his personal finance czar. Congrats man.
    You need new material
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Pretty solid thread. I feel like I did pretty well since the beginning of the year considering the blood. I'm now more diversified in stonks and down in BTC which could be bad long-term. But we'll see. Working on DCAing into BTC and ETH now.

https://twitter.com/Nakamotolisk/sta...8jiBoNuAQ&s=19