Page 274 of 641 FirstFirst ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,850 of 16004
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I mean that 99.9% of the people on teh TGRs will never know what it's like to not have access to banking services that we all take for granted. A cheap smart phone in a developing nation gives instant access to the very same decentralized Bitcoin network everyone else uses. It really is game changing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    lol. Nothing more privileged than some skier in Portland telling us other white folk what the third world actually needs. Oh, and it’s magically something that makes him money.

I mean that 99.9% of the people on teh TGRs will never know what it's like to not have access to banking services that we all take for granted. A cheap smart phone in a developing nation gives instant access to the very same decentralized Bitcoin network everyone else uses. It really is game changing.

Awesome! And then they can do what exactly with it?

The problem of the unbanked isn’t the lack of access you seem to think it is, the problem of the unbanked is they don’t have enough money to bother with a bank account. You put them on the “game changing decentralized Bitcoin network” and their problem is not having enough crypto.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Awesome! And then they can do what exactly with it?

The problem of the unbanked isn’t the lack of access you seem to think it is, the problem of the unbanked is they don’t have enough money to bother with a bank account. You put them on the “game changing decentralized Bitcoin network” and their problem is not having enough crypto.
    The problem is the shitty fees the crypto pimps charge, and the high transaction costs of crypto, not lack of money. There’s over a billion Alipay users, hundreds of millions of mobile payment users in India, mpesa in Africa has 50 million users. Street vendors will take them for transactions in the $1 level. Most crypto just sucks at that (it is cheaper than smuggling gold to or from the gulf into India though) But especially in the US privileged folk conflate the desire & ability to have cheap mobile payments & money transfers with crypto.

Are you saying people making $1.37/day aren’t looking to use their $1,000 phones to move their wealth around after exchanging it for a mystery currency that can change value by 50% overnight? Using a network that even most well educated westerners are reportedly too stupid to understand?
    Fack.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

There’s like 5 billion people with a smartphone, it ain’t the barrier. The costs - and the need - are. You can buy gold natively in some Indian payment apps.

Where are the customers yachts?

Coinbase’s Armstrong Reportedly Spends USD 133M On New LA Home

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0737.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	845.7 KB 
ID:	399811

BTC taking a leg down, I just got a buy order filled. Fingers crossed for further downside. Link is on a bender. Snowing hard. Going skiing tomorrow.

Not sure I can handle all the excitement!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    BTC taking a leg down, I just got a buy order filled. Fingers crossed for further downside. Link is on a bender. Snowing hard. Going skiing tomorrow.

You'll have to write J-Pow a thank you letter.

Very little bid on this dump. Feels like a wick into high 30s is next.

You'll have to write J-Pow a thank you letter.
    If it’s a Fed induced sell off on liquidity drain what’s the catalyst for higher prices?

^^ dunfree.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post

Been waiting for that. Several buy orders filled. So exciting.
    Might have to load up more cash for when things tank even further!
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    If it’s a Fed induced sell off on liquidity drain what’s the catalyst for higher prices?
    QE infinity?

Will be real interesting (and scary) if the economy tanks and inflation doesn't cool after some rate increases. J-Pow's hands are tied here. Will this be similar to 2018 when J-Pow lost the chicken rate game? Still got a 30T credit card tab to consider too. Should be good times going into the midterm elections.

Ether took out the 12/3 low

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Ether took out the 12/3 low
    How much did you stack?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    How much did you stack?
    I’m a spectator. I only buy out of favor income and dividend securities to hold. I like that $NUSI is getting liquidated and hoping for the same in $JEPI. Bought $T and $VZ in December.

Consensus seems to be BTC to the high 30’s but markets tend to disappoint consensus.

I'm buying btc, have orders down to 36k currently. Stopped buying link. Will buy cel if I can get it sorted.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I talked w Satoshi and arranged this 50/70% discount sale for all you here in tgr land. You're welcome!

Is the bleeding over?

Thanks for the discount, I just got filled at 40.3k. But there is a niggling anxiety!
    Henry David Thoreau

I'm glad I took something this past year . Missed taking around the 69k top. Should have done that. Now it's just hodl. Let the bleeding continue, welcome to volitility!

Bitcoin....who's gotten out of it?

I sold all the way up, but more in the 50s. Been rebuying down through the 40s. And I still have dry powder.

My little mantra to see me through, "You can't make all the money!"

Hate to pin my hopes on an alt, but I am watching link very closely, hoping against hope it can carry the weight of my portfolio.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Bitcoin....who's gotten out of it?
    A lot of people apparently. Paper hands. Great time to buy. When BTC is 100k later this year, you could have had it at 40.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    should have
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    could have
    would have?

Yep. Welcome to speculative volitility. I def maintain 5/10 years from now anyone who buys now will be glad they did.