Page 450 of 640 FirstFirst ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... LastLast
Results 11,226 to 11,250 of 15979
    If you really want to be sick:

https://mobile.twitter.com/philbak1/...09852957732864
    Sequoia talking about SBF

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1668534875.780636.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	775.3 KB 
ID:	434079

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Ellison is the gift that keeps on giving. Her social media footprint is like a deliberate effort to refute any possible future accusations of criminal intent. A trail of bread crumbs leading inexorably to a conclusion of total incompetence and indifference to risk. My favorite part is where she says becoming CEO of Alemeda meant accepting that they'll be chasing after the craziest and dumbest sounding ideas.

How is it possible that Lords of Capital like BlackRock couldn't find this during their due diligence? This "firm" essentially had no organizational structure and a small fraction of the staff required to meet their mission goals. Turns out all of the principal officers had screaming red flags out there for all to see with minimal due diligence.
    Blackrock saw it as an easy conduit to milk the mooches for more money (assets) without direct liability. A “partnership”.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Until the shady folks at Big Binding change their indemnification and screw over the little guy once again. You should consider investing in STH NFTs, they never fall off the indemnified list.
    It's ok because I purchase my investment bindings through an exchange run by a totally reliable 28 year old bro I saw on YouTube. They store my investment bindings in overseas storage that I've never seen and can't verify--but like I said, guy was convincing on YouTube, so you STH naysayers are ignorant poopyheads.
    [quote][//quote]

That can't be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    I'm long STH binders. Sure, the 90's vintage seem to be depreciating right now, but unlike you fucking pussies who lack conviction I'm confident in the fundamentals. Anyone who doesn't have at least 10% of their portfolio in STH bindings is missing out. Next step: profit.
    Who knew. This clown may actually have a set of nuts. Instead.of just crying about every perceived injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That can't be real.

This happened during the Sequoia pitch:

Name:	E2B18A3B-62F5-41FD-A6F4-3ACEF6E33687.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	857.5 KB 
ID:	434085

https://www.businessinsider.in/inves...w/95436178.cms

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend

Sounds almost verbatim to quotes that were made about Elizabeth Holmes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Those of us that are excited about crypto/blockchain tech have taken a beatdown, that's for sure. And we have a lot to think about, what's legit and what's a scam? What can survive? After a lot of introspection, I haven't lost confidence in the bitcoin network. I still find it unassailable.

I'm content to mine this winter and enjoy the heat. I'm easily breaking even if you consider the cost to run a furnace. One leg up and I'm in very good profit.

But I'm also thinking about buying soonish, no crystal ball, but I'm considering it. Blood in the streets.

Are you smarties thinking about buying assets (real estate, equities, whatev) for the long term? What? I'd like to compare notes, what can can beat bitcoin?
    Real Estate will beat Bitcoin in the long term. Investment in food growth/supply/delivery and water will beat Bitcoin in the long term.

I think a lot of crypto people need to take a step back, look at the world from global perspective, look at history, look at the current turmoil, and ask the question.... will crypto currency ever evolve in to a mainstream, widely accepted, widely utilized currency mode?

The answer is clear to anyone who has not 'done the research' and been brainwashed by crypto bros. This shit is not real in terms of actual, or even perceived value for 99.9999% of the world. It's akin to beanie babies for the elite. Scammers, criminals and snake oil salesmen have the reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Sounds almost verbatim to quotes that were made about Elizabeth Holmes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    they try and sell every superstar founder that way, because part of their VC job is cheerleader

10% of VC is trying to find the next winner, the other 90% is about dumping the losers on an unsuspecting public.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    10% of VC is trying to find the next winner, the other 90% is about dumping the losers on an unsuspecting public.
    Take away the 10% part and it sounds like you're describing Crypto cheerleaders.
    [quote][//quote]

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Instead of strawmanning and shitposting you could occasionally try strongmanning an argument.

- This was hardly a well disguised fraud when half the population, when half the people in this thread including you, were already telling the other half that it’s a fraud. That it's a Ponzi scheme.

- Fraud is already illegal. I’m asking why certain legal things should be made illegal?

- As for FDIC insurance, yes it is privately funded but it is also backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the United States of America. Is that what you want for crypto too?

- Getting back to the original post, what would happen to the big banks if bitcoin, ETC, and every other crypto token wen to zero overnight? My guess is pretty much close to nothing. If so, then that would also tell us crypto is not systemically important.
    You seem to know just enough to pass off libertarian bullshit as fact-based arguments.

I don’t really think FDIC insurance makes sense for crypto, but your contention that financial regulation works by privatizing gains and socializing losses is bullshit. You used FDIC as an example of taxpayer funded insurance, and it just… isn’t, independent of eventual full faith and credit backing. Crypto wasn’t operating within a legal framework so much as no framework at all.

The larger point, though, is that we have an opportunity to learn here. And if crypto remains it needs a regulatory framework that establishes capital requirements, audit and exam requirements, and disclosure requirements to shorten the cycle between boom and bust and identifying the fraud early. It probably won’t destabilize any major component of our financial system, but that’s luck, not design. Crypto was 2-4 years from hooking into tradfi balance sheets in meaningful ways. Glad it didn’t. Let’s make sure that if it DOES recover we let it grow safely.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    You seem to know just enough to pass off libertarian bullshit as fact-based arguments.

I don’t really think FDIC insurance makes sense for crypto, but your contention that financial regulation works by privatizing gains and socializing losses is bullshit.
    I am not a libertarian, I'm a realist. Regulatory capture is very much a real thing. It would be incredibly naive bordering on a childlike understanding of the world to argue it doesn't exist.

It would also be naive to argue regulation solves the problem of mismanagement and too-much-leverage in combination with plain old fashioned fraud. Plenty of regulated financial businesses in the past went insolvent for the same reasons.

FTX did what banks have done for hundreds of years. This is just the Gen-z version of the same old thing. Although even better, no government entity had to step in and save the day.

The fact is Coinbase was until recently viewed by many as boring and less innovative than its competitors but the American company founded in the U.S., listed in the U.S., and with appropriately segregated & backed customer funds has so far weathered the crytpo market collapse without drama.

I am not a libertarian, I'm a realist. Regulatory capture is very much a real thing. It would be incredibly naive bordering on a childlike understanding of the world to argue it doesn't exist.

It would also be naive to argue regulation solves the problem of mismanagement, too-much-leverage, in combination with plain old fashioned fraud. Plenty of regulated financial businesses in the past went insolvent for the same reasons.

The fact is Coinbase was until recently viewed by many as boring and less innovative but the American company founded in the U.S., listed in the U.S., and with appropriately segregated & backed customer funds has so far weathered the crytpo market collapse without drama.
    Yet nobody is arguing either of those things, and here you are accusing others of “strawmanning.”

Regulation serves as a floor to address and identify, precisely, issues of mismanagement, over-leveraging, and old fashioned fraud. Is your argument actually that because these things can happen in spite of regulation, that regulation isn’t meaningful or useful? Do you even know what you’re arguing for?
    focus.

Last time my wife was job hunting the two best offers she got was from one of these crypto companies and GFL/waste Industries trash conglomerate. We decided that garbage was a better investment than crypto. Only problem is that GFL is growing so quickly she can't keep up with onboarding all the employees in the acquisitions. She's an HR benefits vendor manager but has hands on with all the moving pieces,

Anyway that's a much better problem to have than the CFO and CEO bailing to Costa Rica or wherever with all the payroll money
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Yet nobody is arguing either of those things, and here you are accusing others of “strawmanning.”

Regulation serves as a floor to address and identify, precisely, issues of mismanagement, over-leveraging, and old fashioned fraud. Is your argument actually that because these things can happen in spite of regulation, that regulation isn’t meaningful or useful? Do you even know what you’re arguing for?
    Do you? All the things you listed in your previous post are already requirements of companies operating in America. Talk about a strawman. Fraud is already illegal. I’m asking why certain legal things should be made illegal? I'm asking why people like "Mr Wonderful" has the right to demand that the government comes and saves them?

Fraud is already illegal. I’m asking why certain legal things should be made illegal?
    You’re not sure why there shouldn’t be more stringent disclosure, capital, and audit/exam requirements?

So that we identify fraud sooner, better protect people from losing their life savings, and protect related industries from loss and destabilization in the future.
    focus.

You cherry-picked the argument. I'm not only saying those things already exist, I made essentially the same argument on the previous page. And because those regulations already exist, accounting requirements already exist, how does fraud even happen in your world of perfect and omniscient government regulators?

You cherry-picked the argument. I'm not only saying those things already exist, I made essentially the same argument on the previous page.
    No, just working off your first edit you tool.

You keep fucking that chicken, though, I’m out.
    focus.

A timely industry assessment per the argument calling for transparency on the previous page: "Proof of Reserves and related market-based transparency policies are not a panacea for malfeasance, but they clearly represent net positive low-hanging fruit for the digital assets industry to deploy."

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Sh*tCoin

28600 (X) then 17600 ( ) then 10400 ( ) then 9800 ( ) (3rd Quarter Low this Year) ( )

If we loose 1 level we move on to the next for support....
    Well good old Sam Corzined Your Funds Bankman Fried has spoiled the 3rd quarter low. But we are under 17569 which is the month end number to hold or else support is around 10,400. Looking at next March now for the actual low.

I hope they can claw back all the political donations SBF recently made.

A timely industry assessment per the argument calling for transparency on the previous page: "Proof of Reserves and related market-based transparency policies are not a panacea for malfeasance, but they clearly represent net positive low-hanging fruit for the digital assets industry to deploy."
    Sounds like we agree. I just think the transparency should be mandatory and somebody needs to be empowered to require it and enforce it. You talk a lot of shit about naďveté…. But it kills me that you imagine that voluntary transparency might be an effective control. It’s absolutely adorable.
    focus.

BTC ski off at bbi this year