Page 387 of 649 FirstFirst ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 16214
    BTC is up a trillion percent against gold in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    So...sell high?

Yeah if you bought 10 years ago probably time to shave a bit off the top.

Timeframe can be tough. I was just checking the trend over the last 2 millennia at it looks like a reversion to mean might be painful. GL

If you bought bitcoin 10 years yes....about 147% versus just under 9% in favor of bitcoin .. But the risk to reward ratio for bitcoin versus gold is about 10 trillion times more.... .. And what percentage of coin owners bought ten years ago versus the past 12 months?
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

I hope the shills help out those they talked into Luna and 3rd world play to earn games and snowboarding NFTs with crystalized profits from BTC

Thanks Matt Damon!

Maaaaattt Daaaaamon

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    “Digital gold” not doing gold things. Woof
    Attachment 418808
    Bitcoin is exactly like gold in the sense that you can pour electricity into a box and it will magically produce gold.....oh, wait...that's not true...real gold is valuable precisely because you can't do that.

Yes, and those who rode the wave to $60K+ deserve their trophy, but you can't buy the past. The market really doesn't care about what happened in the prior decade.
    If you want to check the store of value or inflation hedge box, you don't want to see an asset drop 60% in 6 months.
    Crypto is not the new kid on the block. If you want the big valuations, time to see some utility behind all that "scarcity".

The whole “past performance is no predictor” gets ignored by the cults. It’s part of the dogma. I’m trying to profit off their blind faith.

My friend told me today his favorite project had gains vs BTC this week. When I looked it up it was down big over the last week. When I asked him he explained it “gained” by not dropping as much as BTC…

Just make up the rules of the game I guess. And change them back and forth depending on performance. There is no bad news allowed.

Yes that would be great. But even proponents have to realize it's brand new, a huge idea, and risky.

As I've said a million times, having 10% for the long term should work out super tits.

I agree the entire macro outlook may take a while and could be quite fucked for some time. Fine. Let it rain.

15 yrs from now the money I put into BTC now will be 10/20x. If I'm wrong, so be it.

Not sure if you're lumping me into this cult idea, I've said I could be wrong. I took profits about a year ago at 58k. Def have not timed all tops and bottoms, I've taken losses at other entry points.

I think BTC will be just fine in my timeframe. If not, oh well. I'm speculating w a small percentage of my overall. I'm willing to lose fifty k to gain two mil.

Not lumping you. 10% of portfolio on intelligent YOLO bets is the same page I’m on. The other 90% has me comfortable. Won’t hit any grand slams with it - but will not be in poverty unless we’re all running between the shadows of a wasteland where ammo and antibiotics are the only currency.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Bitcoin is exactly like gold in the sense that you can pour electricity into a box
    What the energy worth? Now that is an investment idea. "Electricity... you can do things with it. Buy... power!" I like the sound of it. useful.

So this is the second time Saylor has lost Billions of dollars of other peoples money

Unrealized loss. You lose when you click the button

LMAO

https://twitter.com/VentureCoinist/s...SELc4PUiQ&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    So this is the second time Saylor has lost Billions of dollars of other peoples money
    but his fraud brought happiness to incel pimps hearts again

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Looking forward to reading this page again in 2026.
    That's the spirit!

... apologies to timberridge
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Looking forward to reading this page again in 2026.
    Is this in response to my question?

Cus I seriously thought that times like this are when Bitcoin is supposed to shine. That when the chickens finally came home to roost (ie Fed has been printing money like brrrr), inflation will go up and everyone will flock to BTC as a store of value.

Maybe the rest of the economy has to do worse for money to go towards BTC.

IDK. I’ve never understood the long value proposition of BTC enough to put my own money in it. I recently told one of my friends, who currently is working on some sort of NFT startup, that if Bitcoin worked as a hedge to inflation and equities, I’d buy some. Maybe you think I’m looking at this the wrong way.

Maybe I’m just a simple mother fucker that’s stuck in the 1900s but, the way I see it is:

1. It has no plausible prospects to function as an actual currency, can’t handle the # of transactions.

2. Inflation over the last year as measured in Bitcoin is ~ 100%.

3. It’s value happens to crater when the first recession in its lifespan hits.

4. Still doesn’t do anything of value.

I can live with 1 & 4 but not if it comes with 2 and 3. Hopefully for you all and my friend this is just an anomaly. A coincidence of circumstances.

The only thing shining right now is the USD. Bitcoin is still a speculative investment and the total market cap of crypto is under 1 trillion, very easy to manipulate as we saw from the successful attack on terra.

I guess/hope someday bitcoin will be too big and will become stable and boring. But when I look at the charts showing how much wealth in the world is actually derivatives, compared to real hard assets, then I wonder about the narrative. But I'm staying the course, for speculative reasons if nothing else. And that's enough really. ymmv

And don't forget that the bitcoin network is running same as usual, impervious to the current the btc/usd ratio. The usd is not part of the programming, not anywhere in the code. All these price shenanigens are on the exchange layer and have nothing to do with the bitcoin network.

So who is buying? I ran out of cash for the purpose, maybe need to dig under the seat cushions now, haha.

Well, hmmm, I just remembered, I could sell GME. Hmmm, maybe I will do that.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Hodl till Hyundai!

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    So who is buying? I ran out of cash for the purpose, maybe need to dig under the seat cushions now, haha.

Well, hmmm, I just remembered, I could sell GME. Hmmm, maybe I will do that.
    Would you like to buy a Bored Ape NFT instead?

#monkeyking
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang