Page 261 of 640 FirstFirst ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 15979
    if you don't love Jesus with your whole heart you are going to hell

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    There is a lot of stuff in that video that galvanizes the case I'm making. "Large power plants can take hours, days, or even weeks to start up and shut down." Developing renewables in West Texas with predictable power purchases from BTC miners fixes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Where did I say it's not?
    A few posts up:

I don't know what point you're trying to make here. Ted Cruz is a BTC supporter. I surmise that's because he sees how many of his constituents are too.
    Cruz could give a fuck what his constituents think about crypto. Guns and cheap gas and immigration, yes, but, his voters could give a fuck. He's in it for the money, and a bullshit way to avoid talking about the power problems in Texas, which, btw, are still as bad as last winter. But, God forbid the state fixes it instead of the private profiteers running the show, and God forbid Texas hooks up to a national or even regional grid.

Besides that, I didn't change the subject at all. You insulted me about making "so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit." This is of course the BTC thread, and my thesis is that the number is going up and to the right, despite your feelings.
    And since you still dont fucking get it, despite repeated mentions, some of us have been doing this as long or longer than you have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211207_131855.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	395733

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    And since you still dont fucking get it, despite repeated mentions, some of us have been doing this as long or longer than you have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211207_131855.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	395733
    You're making a straw man argument here. I've never claimed to be the earliest crypto investor in this thread. I first bought in 2017. My argument is that many of the same people calling me "insane" for saying BTC has the ability to be catalyst for green energy are the same ones who called me an idiot for buying the bottom of the bear market. Your ETH purchases are completely unrelated.

You're making a straw man argument here. I've never claimed to be the earliest crypto investor in this thread. I first bought in 2017. My argument is that many of the same people calling me "insane" for saying BTC has the ability to be catalyst for green energy are the same ones who called me an idiot for buying the bottom of the bear market. Your ETH purchases are completely unrelated.
    Missed the point again. A lot of us are and have been invested in crypto, but you treat anyone who challenges you as some old fuck who doesn’t understand it. We just want you to stop acting like a snake oil salesman.

And since you still dont fucking get it, despite repeated mentions, some of us have been doing this as long or longer than you have.]
    Holy ..... colour me jealous

Missed the point again. A lot of us are and have been invested in crypto, but you treat anyone who challenges you as some old fuck who doesn’t understand it. We just want you to stop acting like a snake oil salesman.
    I'm fine with good faith debate. In fact, I encourage it. But the overwhelming tactic of people who chose to "challenge me" do it by claiming I'm delusional, a scammer, involved in a ponzi, insane, etc. IIRC, my first interaction with blue benny was responding to his question about the BTC bear case. I wrote a sincere lengthy response. Now his responses, and those of others, have devolved into playground style arguments appropriate 3rd graders. Just look at the last couple of posts as evidence. Pretty much every one has no substance and is just "Ted Cruz is bad."

Got to give respect to get it.

Ted Cruz isn't bad. Ted Cruz sucks. There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Holy ..... colour me jealous
    Unfortunately I’d be lying if I said I still had all those old buys in the HODL bucket, but I really can’t complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Ted Cruz isn't bad. Ted Cruz sucks. There's a difference.
    At least you're a fan favorite on this site. Lulz. I can't think of another account that is so universally loathed. You're right up there with Hugh Conway and Advres in the annals of TGR history.

I prefer not to be a binary thinker and have the mental capacity to make nuanced opinions based on facts. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority struggles with this concept and resorts to blue team good, red team bad or vice versa.

At least you're a fan favorite on this site. Lulz. I can't think of another account that is so universally loathed. You're right up there with Hugh Conway and Advres in the annals of TGR history.

I prefer not to be a binary thinker and have the mental capacity to make nuanced opinions based on facts. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority struggles with this concept and resorts to blue team good, red team bad or vice versa.
    Thank you. I owe it to many, but, my grade school gym coach is most to blame.

You should read history. It will give you a clearer idea of what a decentralized economy and currency brings. Focus on fourteenth to seventeenth century Europe, to start. All these little fiefdoms and city states and warlords for hire. It was fucking chaos. Even the elites didn't live long.

It's unfortunate you put so much faith in a vehicle for criminality. If this continues, with little oversight, the first atomic bomb bought by a fanatical terrorist organization will be paid for with crypto. If it hasn't been already.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    if you don't love Jesus with your whole heart you are going to hell
    I only delegate 15% of my heart to the Jebus. I diversify with other deities.

It's unfortunate you put so much faith in a vehicle for criminality. If this continues, with little oversight, the first atomic bomb bought by a fanatical terrorist organization will be paid for with crypto. If it hasn't been already.
    As opposed to untraceable USD?

I'd like to take some Matic profits (it's 6x for me), but it's all staked and I don't feel like paying the gas fees.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

“E-money” is so much more frictionless and easier to move than physical money, but it’s just the same as physical money if bad

does benny own or is he planning on owning btc? inquiring minds want to know..

God, the grifting bullshit on YouTube. It’s like Benny on boomers.

You should read history. It will give you a clearer idea of what a decentralized economy and currency brings. Focus on fourteenth to seventeenth century Europe, to start. All these little fiefdoms and city states and warlords for hire. It was fucking chaos. Even the elites didn't live long.

LOLOLOL! My dude, I have read volumes of monetary history. Frankly, the parallels between today and the Weimar Republic are very concerning.
    What many here fail to understand is that BTC is the culmination of thousands of years of monetary history. In fact, its big breakthrough was solving the Byzantine Generals Problem, "which describes the difficulty decentralized parties have in arriving at consensus without relying on a trusted central party."

Also, it's not 2013 anymore. Crypto is trending more and more toward legitimacy. https://blog.coinbase.com/fact-check...t-856a71dfb399. To me the real crime is central banks stealing labor from people every time they hit CTRL + P and debase the monetary supply.

In other news, Vitalik seems to be capitulating and admits that the future of ETH will likely be centralized. This is very important because people who fail to understand history see many of BTC's strongest characteristics as flaws (i.e. small blocks, limited TPS). BTC continues to be the most decentralized, and best form of money yet.

https://twitter.com/TuurDemeester/st...67081501519877

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    does benny own or is he planning on owning btc? inquiring minds want to know..
    If I have to. I doubt that will happen in my lifetime.

LOLOLOL! My dude, I have read volumes of monetary history. Frankly, the parallels between today and the Weimar Republic are very concerning.
    What many here fail to understand is that BTC is the culmination of thousands of years of monetary history. In fact, its big breakthrough was solving the Byzantine Generals Problem, "which describes the difficulty decentralized parties have in arriving at consensus without relying on a trusted central party."

Also, it's not 2013 anymore. Crypto is trending more and more toward legitimacy. https://blog.coinbase.com/fact-check...t-856a71dfb399. To me the real crime is central banks stealing labor from people every time they hit CTRL + P and debase the monetary supply.
    No, not monetary history. Just, history. And Weimar is practically today. But, you're showing your ignorance of Weimar, because nothing today besides Argentina and Zimbabwe compare. You know, one reason, a common Euro currency. Duh.

Your rantings of a debased currency are amusing, considering that you are of a class and position in the history and geography of the world that is easily the most advantaged and "rich" in time. A white, (and since this is TGR, a skier, therefore middle to upper middle class) male in the richest, most stable (so far) society ever. Walk into the local supermarket's produce section tonight in the beginning of winter, and tell me life is going to shit. Please.

Everything is wonderful, and nobody is happy.

Everything is wonderful, and nobody is happy.
    I’ve never been happy.

Well, there is that tiny fraction of a second when you’re skiing bottomless pow, you start to unweight your skis, and the potential energy stored in them is released back through your legs and core as you roll into your next turn. That split second of weightless rebound makes me happy, but that’s about it.

What were we talking about? Money is the root of all evil, and I don’t trust or respect anyone who takes to the pursuit of it fervently.

You don’t need to live like that. Seek help.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums