Page 362 of 640 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 15996
    "Built on libertarian principles" - there's a giant red flag.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    30k seems to be support. I'm guessing we climb from here.
    Supported by what? What does that mean? Just psychologically, that seems to be where the appetite to begin purchasing again is? Or is there more to that statement?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Supported by what? What does that mean? Just psychologically, that seems to be where the appetite to begin purchasing again is? Or is there more to that statement?
    Divining the future by reading the charts:

https://www.investopedia.com/trading...stance-basics/

You describe wall st!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I'm sorry but as much as Wall Street can suck, the stocks that are bought/sold represent companies that produce actual products and employ actual workers who are paid actual money. That money goes into the economy and then round and round.

Crypto does none of those things.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I'm sorry but as much as Wall Street can suck, the stocks that are bought/sold represent companies that produce actual products and employ actual workers who are paid actual money. That money goes into the economy and then round and round.

Such bullshit.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Curious, what is the general mark for BTC for miners to make money vs. expenditures?

eg: So in USD, hosting and equipment costs + energy costs + labor/other overhead to mine a BTC costs what?

I'd guess the equipment costs need to be computed over lifespan to be useful eg: 5 year span of a $20K equipment investment would yield 2 coins or something.

What I'm getting at is - when does the profitability model break or move into a 'current valuation' loss?

This article referenced just energy costs using two different miners to be $26K and $31K.... Which is basically what BTC trades at.... sans other costs.

https://bitcoinist.com/how-bitcoin-m...n-still-ahead/

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Such bullshit.
    It was pretty much spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Peter Brandt bought at $27k. He’s been calling that number for months.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It was pretty much spot on.
    Yeah, an explanation on the bullshit comment would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Curious, what is the general mark for BTC for miners to make money vs. expenditures?

eg: So in USD, hosting and equipment costs + energy costs + labor/other overhead to mine a BTC costs what?

I'd guess the equipment costs need to be computed over lifespan to be useful eg: 5 year span of a $20K equipment investment would yield 2 coins or something.

What I'm getting at is - when does the profitability model break or move into a 'current valuation' loss?

This article referenced just energy costs using two different miners to be $26K and $31K.... Which is basically what BTC trades at.... sans other costs.

https://bitcoinist.com/how-bitcoin-m...n-still-ahead/
    I think it's like 8 grand

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I wonder how byates and stalefish are doing. Haven’t shown there faces in here in a while…
    I posted multiple times in the last 24 hours. I'm good. Settle down.

Like I conveyed yesterday, this thread is full of the same people who said crypto was dead in 2018 saying pretty much the same shit now. It's sort of like I'm beating them by 50 points in the fourth quarter of a football game and they're having a circle jerk because they just kicked a field goal.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Cool baseball comparison Brah.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Such bullshit.
    Wall Street isn’t a way for businesses to raise money? Why did COIN list then dumbfuck? Why did they sell bonds? I mean, they are all in on crypto why didn’t they crowd find from you morons?

Call for my death again counselor, it totally makes you seem rationale not a fucking psycho cultist

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    I think it's like 8 grand
    Thanks that sort of tracks with this: https://minerdaily.com/2021/how-much...per_ASIC_model

I'd really like to find a current costs (or live) chart as computation gets more complex, energy costs fluctuate, etc. But my takeaway is - still profitable in most cases but if you have older miner gear, maybe not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Wall Street isn’t a way for businesses to raise money? Why did COIN list then dumbfuck? Why did they sell bonds? I mean, they are all in on crypto why didn’t they crowd find from you morons?
    More often than not now public listing is so private capital can cash out. Not to fund growth.

Mr. ‘Black Swan’ himself chiming in:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81754F1E-307E-49E5-A737-249E8DCCC1BB.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	402.0 KB 
ID:	416163

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1...lkgwt1wvj3PWGw

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    More often than not now public listing is so private capital can cash out. Not to fund growth.
    Ability to exit doesn’t contribute to funding of growth?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Ability to exit doesn’t contribute to funding of growth?
    What? Proceeds of an ipo used to go to companies. Now most are late stage unless it’s a SPAC or something. There’s not much expansive growth left

I think he was referring to the Blokes ability to just make more for himself when he funds his next project. Takes $ to Make $.

Since crypto has garnered value by looking shinny and sucking in lemmings it also looses value when the lemmings realize they really only have a use coin that is not really used for anything. Except ETH I keep having to pay huge gas fees. That shit is getting used. Now if I could just figure out how to sit on the other side of my trades.

Pretty sure we are getting ready for a wash out, it might not be this week but it is coming. It may bounce but it appears ready to make lots of people question WTF they are doing. I said earlier I'm close to riding this out in the comfort of FDIC. If the smartest bond fund managers can't manage their bond portfolios today how is that these wiz kid have their collateral pools in order. Especially since none own OIL as a backing and that's pretty much the only thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Exactly that. Enjoying not having to read anymore about "Enjoy staying poor" whenever any skepticism is shared.

Circle not pulling any punches there, kick em when they're down (and out)!

USDC is the only stable I "trust" but I don't trust it as much as plain old dollars. It is still new tech for all their claims. On the flip side, I was impressed with USDT performance the last few days, held up pretty well and unlike USDC it also runs on other chains besides ethereum, without the high fees.

Anyway, thanks for the link!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  117.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Mr. ‘Black Swan’ himself chiming in:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81754F1E-307E-49E5-A737-249E8DCCC1BB.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	402.0 KB 
ID:	416163

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1...lkgwt1wvj3PWGw