Page 467 of 649 FirstFirst ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,675 of 16214
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You know what else works awesome? The physical Deed sitting in my filing cabinet, duly recorded at the County Courthouse. Title searches and insurance can be kind of a joke, but overall the current property system works just fine. If it ain't broke and all that.
    It ain’t broke? Oh ok, paying thousands of dollars to pass title “works just fine”.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    It ain’t broke? Oh ok, paying thousands of dollars to pass title “works just fine”.
    But title insurance insures you against more than just authenticity. That isn’t even the primary reason you need it. The real reasons - wacky wills, liens, back taxes, authentication and validation of the seller and every seller upstream - are not solved by NFTs. They solve an edge case and then make the preposterous claim they solved the whole thing. It’s just another fucking scam.

What percentage of secondary market ticket sales fraud do you actually imagine is solved by NFTs? You mean those sold by somebody who tells you to authenticate the ticket against a legitimate authentication site/service? What about those who advertise authentication against an illegitimate site/service? Which…. None of that matters, because the surest way to avoid ticket fraud is to purchase from legitimate primary and secondary sources. And that doesn’t change with an NFT system, it’s just a needlessly complicated way to accomplish the same thing that is already being accomplished.

You don’t lock your door so you can get in with a key, you lock your door so others can’t get in. You don’t create a secure system so you can buy tickets with it. You create a secure system so others can’t steal tickets from it. You don’t create an NFT ticket system so you can buy authentic tickets, you create it so others can’t sell inauthentic tickets — except it doesn’t do that at all. It’s fucking stupid.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 12-08-2022 at 08:08 PM.
    focus.

Does he show in Washington or use a video feed from his lair?

bankman-fried-agrees-to-testify-before-house
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Here’s an alternate take on SBF: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl9Qc...d=Nzg3NjI1NGI=

A little over a month? Is that soon enough for you MonCucky and Cucky Este? You sobered up from the Billy Biden Beer and Hunter Dick Pics trolls?

SBF is in cuffs. US files unspecified charges and Bahamians authorities cuffed him.

May be be passed around the general population like a Rag doll.

SBF was saying earlier that he wasn’t going to be able to testify before congress because his schedule was booked. Guess this is what he was referring to…

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    SBF is in cuffs. US files unspecified charges and Bahamians authorities cuffed him.

He's going to go through some things.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

And his parents say they are going to lose everything paying for his lawyers. Tough shit. Thats what ya get for coddling a sociopath. Your shitbird son won't even confess to save you from bankruptcy. Gee, what a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post

And his parents say they are going to lose everything paying for his lawyers. Tough shit. Thats what ya get for coddling a sociopath. Your shitbird son won't even confess to save you from bankruptcy. Gee, what a surprise.
    I’ve been told law school profs make bad lawyers, this would be example CCXIV

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I’ve been told law school profs make bad lawyers, this would be example CCXIV
    They don’t work there anymore apparently. They’re just down in the Bahamas where a $15 million house ‘somehow’ ended up in their name when the stolen funds were supposed to be used to buy the property for FTX.

So when is Ellison getting arrested? Or is she sitting with the prosecution?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

I wonder if his opinion on dress code will change for criminal court?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBF DRESS CODE.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	437999

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    So when is Ellison getting arrested? Or is she sitting with the prosecution?
    Speculation was that she was working with the prosecution since she was spotted out in NYC a week or two ago.

Looks like SBF is finally going to get to the bottom of this massive fraud...

Name:  FjjEEHAXkAAX3HJ.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  52.6 KB

For all the carping about regulators, at least this time around they correctly mostly denied crypto the kind of official stamp of approval that would have created all sorts of systemic risk.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Speculation was that she was working with the prosecution since she was spotted out in NYC a week or two ago.
    Yep. Apparently the swiftness of the arrest at this relatively early spot in a complicated white collar legal process is a sign that a significant witness has cooperated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

maybe she fell off the harem ranking list that she mentioned they kept in the shared penthouse

a woman scorned

Sam threw her under the bus, blaming Alameda for FTX's meltdown saying "I didn’t know exactly what was going on. I didn’t know the size of their position. A lot of these things are things I learned over the last month.” During the same interview he all but admitted to commingling customer funds, in effect confessing to fraud.

For those asking if ticket fraud is a thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...master-mexico/

But you are right, everyone’s favorite company Ticketmaster, deployed Safetix. https://business.ticketmaster.com/bu...trol-platform/

Which doesn’t have any issues at all.

https://www.ticketnews.com/2020/03/t...or-statements/

But you are right, everyone’s favorite company Ticketmaster, deployed Safetix. https://business.ticketmaster.com/bu...trol-platform/

While Ticketmaster has mostly used digital tickets in the United States since 2018, the company still uses a paper system in Mexico. Although its digital tickets are safeguarded from “being screenshotted or photocopied and sold multiple times by unscrupulous resellers,” the paper tickets are easier to duplicate and falsify.”

Ticketmaster sucks. I assume they would still suck if they implemented some sort of blockchain technology.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Did you even read the articles? The Mexican tickets are paper tickets, and Ticketmaster is accused of overselling the venue:

Ricardo Sheffield, head of Mexico’s consumer protection agency, posted on Twitter that he had requested a report from Ticketmaster about the Bad Bunny concert situation.

PROFECO has received previous complaints about the company, Sheffield said, and has been gearing up to file a class-action lawsuit against the entertainment giant since earlier this month — partly because of allegations that Ticketmaster has oversold tickets for its events, as it is accused of doing for Friday’s concert.

The tickets “weren’t falsified. Ticketmaster said they were falsified; but they issued all of them,” Sheffield told Radio Fórmula, calling the situation “an elegant way to oversell.”
    And it isn’t clear to me how NFTs would address the privacy concerns raised in the third article. How would NFTs address the privacy concerns raised in that article?
    focus.

SEC says FTXs entire existence has been a fraud
    From at least May 2019 through November 2022, Bankman-Fried engaged in a scheme to defraud equity investors in FTX Trading Ltd. (“FTX”), the crypto asset trading platform of which he was CEO and co-founder, at the same time that he was also defrauding the platform’s customers. Bankman-Fried raised more than $1.8 billion from investors, including U.S. investors, who bought an equity stake in FTX believing that FTX had appropriate controls and risk management measures. Unbeknownst to those investors (and to FTX’s trading customers), Bankman-Fried was orchestrating a massive, years-long fraud, diverting billions of dollars of the trading platform’s customer funds for his own personal benefit and to help grow his crypto empire.

LOL, SBF had a secret chat group called "Wirefraud"
    https://www.afr.com/companies/financ...0221213-p5c5sx

You can't make this stuff up.

Also lol - binance apparently helped launder over $10 billion. Are they idiots or in cahoots with the launderers? Who cares, crypto is dumb and fueled with criminal cash.
    https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/u...es-2022-12-12/

That their response is to hire a ton of law enforcement/people with justice/gov ties tells you it's just damage control.

Some critism about the timing of the charges when he was going to testify tomorrow.

I say he’d just ramble on more with his bullshit.