Page 181 of 232 FirstFirst ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 5782
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    But was it the correct price to buy ... or to sell?
    Yes

Cardano's Charles Hoskins warns against investing in Bitshares and any other startup by Charles Hoskins. Bitshares investors say it is all FUD and that they are still hodling. The warning article's comments section includes one Cardano investor asking, "But what if I don't have a brain?".

Name:  61svhKo.png
Views: 285
Size:  92.9 KB

edit: I'm only half joking about Cardano. The history with Bitshares is there ... but I really have no idea how legit Cardano is. Hopefully for everyone invested, this won't turn out like Bitshares. Hopefully it will be a win that strengthens the ecosystem!
    Last edited by puregravity; 05-27-2021 at 08:06 AM.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

In other news, a yet-to-be-named crypto has been invented with a novel proof-of-stake scheme where majority power is granted by nominations to staking nodes to ensure that the system maintains 51% friendly power. In order to ensure the security of the network, the founders have kept back 51% of the ICO tokens and now stake them just to prove that the system works. Critics point out that this isn't proof since they kept back 51% of the ICO tokens for themselves, so no one actually can mount a network attack! In their defense, the founders say, BUT IT WORKS! Price goes up. Vitalik screams. Elon says, "yes but watch my Doge bitches!"

Owns Tesla. But drives a Do(d)ge. LOL. Funny world we live in.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    What's the chances it's all just a world government plot to take excess money out of circulation?

Sorry, just thinking out loud....
    Well, if you believe nationless elites who control finance and power would more than welcome a convenient and secure (to them) method to avoid all taxation and launder all sorts of gains, then, yeah.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

But was it the correct price to buy ... or to sell?
    Yes, and both parties agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, if you believe nationless elites who control finance and power would more than welcome a convenient and secure (to them) method to avoid all taxation and launder all sorts of gains, then, yeah.
    We already provide that in the US and itís completely legal, mostly.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    What's the chances it's all just a world government plot to take excess money out of circulation?

Sorry, just thinking out loud....
    Charles Webster Baer at it again? Fuck.
    focus.

BTC needs to maintain upward momentum or itís getting another leg down. A low volume bounce off a high volume decline is classic sell.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    BTC needs to maintain upward momentum or it’s getting another leg down. A low volume bounce off a high volume decline is classic sell.
    From a TA perspective it is, but in the long game it is just giving breathing room for alts to pump a bit. There are 3 distinct plays in this game, hold, swing, or day. Choose your poison. I spent over a year planning my positions, and I'm going to trust my brain on that and maintain what most cannot, patience. I've never had a negative ROI, even in a 50% dump.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    From a TA perspective it is, but in the long game it is just giving breathing room for alts to pump a bit. There are 3 distinct plays in this game, hold, swing, or day. Choose your poison. I spent over a year planning my positions, and I'm going to trust my brain on that and maintain what most cannot, patience. I've never had a negative ROI, even in a 50% dump.
    Time can also resolve the current technical peril.

I don't see anything in there about taking gains. So many people with huge gains on paper and 'diamond hands', and yet they still won't bring themselves to cash out a reasonable amount. What are they afraid of? Is it Lambos or nothing? I heard someone say, "don't put more than 5% of your net worth in crypto." That seems pretty reasonable to me. You can't win squat if you never sell and Telegram groups are full of people that lost out big time because they didn't sell when they were staring a huge winfall in the face.

Because they got greedy?

Because they got greedy?
    Or just sat too long at the table counting their money! If it was a good investment today, it will be a good investment tomorrow. Putting some away enables people to stay in the game longer, with less overall personal portfolio volatility, leading to better perception of the next best time to sell.

I just wish we had a crypto ETF in the US. Guess you get brutally taxes buying the Canadian funds through ibkr?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Time can also resolve the current technical peril.
    You suppose ETH 2.0 will iron out the messy software or is Cardano gonna slide in for the win? Wouldnít ETH be the equivalent of Netscape at this point? And how does competition in that space affect BTC?

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    You suppose ETH 2.0 will iron out the messy software or is Cardano gonna slide in for the win? Wouldnít ETH be the equivalent of Netscape at this point? And how does competition in that space affect BTC?
    Thatís all noise that TA is supposed to conflate

If it was a good investment today, it will be a good investment tomorrow. .
    Tell that to the goldbugs.

i work w a 29 yr old guy who took 100k and turned it into 900k. he's single, renting, and has not taken any profits.

i told him i would have taken 300/400 and bought an income property/land/ something..

he's down 350k since the pullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl View Post
    The other day stumbled upon a tweet by a crypto analyst that said that we are currently in the "Bull Trap" phase, and will likely see some sideways/green price action as people buy the dip. Once enough buyers are suckered in again, we will continue crashing. The targets are under $7K by 2022.
    well max keiser says ath by june 4th for btc, and 220k by yrs end. we will know for certain around christmas this year my in depth forecasting says

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    well max keiser says ath by june 4th for btc, and 220k by yrs end. we will know for certain around christmas this year my in depth forecasting says
    Name:  wUewXSU.png
Views: 127
Size:  165.8 KB

This Max Keiser? Probably a reliable sell signal considering he's with the laser eyeballs crew. Even his his wife looks like she's waiting patiently for the dip. Or maybe she just took one of those cheetos he's holding.

Ironically, crypto has often bucked the Christmas dip. In 2017-2018, all the moons went full on in early January. Probably because all the crypto degens had nothing to do over Xmas and pumped the price so much. In any case, how bad can a Crypto Winter be, eh? The price always goes up.

There's definitely potential to lose $$ in Bitcoin. Not to pollute this high quality thread with youtube faux-analysis, but I thought this commentator made a good point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg

^ Heh, since 2017 the S&P 500 has has returned +16% per year while bitcoin has returned 35% per year with about 4 times the volatility. If an investor wanted to achieve similarly excess returns with the S&P 500 as bitcoin with the same volatility they could have made a lot more money leveraging future contracts or margins: 4 x 16% = 64% per year.

That much leverage is maybe a bad idea (an individual decision) but an apples-to-apples comparison does show what kind of game people are participating in, whether they know it or not, with crypto.

The problem with crypto is that the hodl mantra combined with so much outright scammery (and fraud and exchange shenanigans) creates a momentary illusion of wealth for most participants. One they never succeed in making into real money.

However, for those that cash out some and reinvest wisely (whatever that means?), this is basically printing lottery winnings. I don't have a problem with the 'get rich quick' aspect of it so much as the constant pretending that all is well (la la la plug fingers in ears).

People are printing money in crypto, both literally and figuratively. If someone is careful (don't send your ID to scam exchanges), and actually realizes gains (sure, hodl but don't take that to the extreme!), and actually buys stuff that isn't hyped in the Telegram groups (or from known scammers or bad rep people), and invests in what they understand (some overly complex system isn't your friend unless you understand it), ... then I don't see why they can't print themselves some cold hard cash that is way way better than the gains in the regular market. That assumes the market itself doesn't collapse (a la Tether) and they don't get rug pulled.

And yes, if you had bought any number of fast growing stocks you might have the same winnings. Might. The gains in crypto can be ridonkulous. The regular markets will always be there. The money printing in crypto might stop if the music stops. Unless you trade in an echo chamber and then you will probably still be trading even after the music stopped.

What stock is named after a furry cute dog and returns 10,000% in 3 months? What market produces a predictable asset bubble pattern every 3 or 4 years? What market is buoyed by companies desperate to pay off ransomware? What market eliminates overly ambitions leveraged traders with massive wash trading, leaving the humble hodler with even more gains? As long as the music keeps playing ...