Check Out Our Shop
Page 670 of 676 FirstFirst ... 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... LastLast
Results 16,726 to 16,750 of 16886
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    For the record, I'm fine with crabbing sideways for months. I just wanted to keep this thread on the first page. Because, you know, the usual suspects only like to post on down days.
    yup
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

ECB just cut rates with rising inflation. Good times.

https://x.com/PreacherBTC/status/179...u9znNqrMw&s=09

No way out. Enjoy the ride.

ECB just cut rates with rising inflation. Good times.

https://x.com/PreacherBTC/status/179...u9znNqrMw&s=09

Rising inflation:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7B4805E2-95FA-46DA-87A4-82BEA242D596.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	494618

What’s you’re estimate for how long it will take for this rate cut to work it’s way through the broader economy, and what’s your estimate for what inflation will be at that time?

Jong has charts ppl. Pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Jong has charts ppl. Pay attention.
    If stale actually looked at charts instead of just the quips that show up on his Twitter feed then maybe he wouldn’t post so much easily disproved bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Oh yeah, Perkins…

Sebastian Mallaby, economics columnist of the Washington Post, reacted sharply to Perkins' book: describing him as "a conspiracy theorist, a vainglorious peddler of nonsense, and yet his book, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, is a runaway bestseller." Mallaby, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, holds that Perkins' conception of international finance is "largely a dream" and that his "basic contentions are flat wrong." As an example, Mallaby states that Indonesia reduced its infant mortality and illiteracy rates by two-thirds after economists persuaded its leaders to borrow money in 1970.

Boston Magazine noted that Perkins can provide little documentation to support his claims of international intrigue, describing a largely unconvincing "flimsy package of materials." A number of Perkins' former colleagues disagreed with his perspective on the company and contradicted specific claims he made; Frank Fullerton, one of his supervisors, stated that Perkins left Chas T. Main because he "thought he was worth more than he was."

In a 2006 statement, American State Department stated that much of the book "appears to be a total fabrication... the National Security Agency is a cryptological (codemaking and codebreaking) organization, not an economic organization... Neither of [its] missions involves anything remotely resembling placing economists at private companies in order to increase the debt of foreign countries."
    its funny, the people I knew who worked at NSA did silicon chips (the cabal here would call her a DEI hire) or were really good at games. COAEH Definitely one of those books people want to be true but isn’t remotely.

The problem with Perkins hit man argument in the context of bitcoin narratives is how fundamentally the two contradict each another.

Perkins argues, "IMF and World Bank bankrupt the developing nations all around the world so that developed economies like the United States can extract valuable natural resources from these various locations all around the world."

That's not how it works, though. Governments mostly appeal to the IMF for financial assistance when they can't find buyers for their debt causing the value of their currency to collapse. IMF debt relief often involves macroeconomic policies ending debt fueled consumption, patronage and clientelism in favor of eliminating price controls, deregulating capital markets and lowering trade barriers.

The IMF's detractors argue those countries should instead enact a version of MMT: raise government deficits by issuing more debt and printing more money. In other words, they believe a distressed government can issue more currency suddenly making it more valuable... which is an odd belief for a bitcoiner to hold.

For byates, since he thinks we should balance the budget by firing federal workers:

Name:	B160282E-7D42-49E3-BB83-55BE4DEB100A.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	494679

https://x.com/besttrousers/status/17...sR_NcRK2VkCfkg

Thx I was lost in a sea without any charts. Now I am saved

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Rising inflation:

Name:	7B4805E2-95FA-46DA-87A4-82BEA242D596.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	494618

What’s you’re estimate for how long it will take for this rate cut to work it’s way through the broader economy, and what’s your estimate for what inflation will be at that time?
    I didn't specify a time frame. When the newer number is higher, it means it's rising, so you can celebrate pride month and eat a dick.

Don't nonlinear approximate in anger

DCA BTC and chill mode.

"Far right" wave washing over EU. Bad Harbinger for Uncle Joe. Too bad all you clowns have been advocating against your own self-interests. When Donnie gets back into office and the right starts imposing all kinds of insane shit, do you think you might want to have censorship resistant money? Sorry, you googled Plan B pill in 2012, bank account seized.

And speaking of banks, I had my Chase CC stolen for the 3rd time in a year due to no lapse of opsec on my part. Even after calling Chase, my transactions we're still getting blocked while on vacation in Hawaii this week. Bank of America declined my ATM withdrawals too even after they assured me I'd no longer have set travel alerts. Been a BOA customer for 20 years with 800 credit score. I feel so protected!

Just pay for your Mai Tai with Bitcoin.

And speaking of banks, I had my Chase CC stolen for the 3rd time in a year due to no lapse of opsec on my part. Even after calling Chase, my transactions we're still getting blocked while on vacation in Hawaii this week. Bank of America declined my ATM withdrawals too even after they assured me I'd no longer have set travel alerts. Been a BOA customer for 20 years with 800 credit score. I feel so protected!
    Damn. How much money did you lose?
    focus.

I can be protected from the Velcro Don, but not in Hawaii. Is El Salvador nice this time of year?

5,985,608.82RUB
    Follow
    ?190,943.67 (3.09%)today
    Jun 11, 1:42?PM UTC · Disclaimer
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Damn. How much money did you lose?
    So… no? No money was lost?

Were any fraudulent transactions made to your account?
    focus.

Musty fishing for stales cars number. Musty jonzing for a run to dollar general.

Just wondering what exactly he’s bitching about. I doubt he knows.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I can be protected from the Velcro Don, but not in Hawaii. Is El Salvador nice this time of year?
    Yes, and they've switched over to HoloDogeCoins, so leave the plastic at home.

Pretty quiet around here… how’s Bitcoin doing?

We are jonzing for charts and advice..we are lost without you

I'm waiting for stales next bs article link about how bc is saving the planet
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime