Page 4 of 631 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    check out my used pm gear lhasa pow's for $199,000+ (from circa 2012)
    and freeride systems jackets for low price of $200,000+ (from circa 2012)

hahaha

I had a mt gox account that imploded, guess i lost millions

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hlight=bitcoin

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hlight=bitcoin

from one of those threads:
    Wow that sux.

This is blatant SPAM and maybe even a scam so don't do it if you are using the money you need for the herp cream RX or whatever. But I lending on Bitconnect and if you would like to check it out please use my referral link.

https://bitconnect.co/?ref=pbrontap

Youtube vids about Bitconnect.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-qW3lKRD74&t=589s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59QLTvq20f4&t=746s

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    ATH $6300 last night. Looks like we are in for another ride. Break $7000 on this one and correct back to mid to low 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    ATH $6300 last night. Looks like we are in for another ride. Break $7000 on this one and correct back to mid to low 5s.
    Seems too early for FOMO.. My wife thinks the amount of stress I get over about $ per hour might not be worth it. Its still fun.

This should help things out a bit.
    CME Group will launch Bitcoin futures, based on the CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR), in Q4 2017, building off of the success of the BRR and demand for a regulated trading venue for the digital asset market.

Printing money right now. Wow $7000. $10,000 maybe by the end of the year?? We must be do for some kind of correction unless this is wall street money coming in after the CME news.

Tough to say. Seems like a perfect storm between fork/cme = bulls are really going all out. I was setting up for a dump around $7200 resistance level and to BTFD back down at $5500. The correction will come, but it's tough to say when now.

I bought some GBTC a couple weeks back with some gambling money. This roller coaster is fun.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

$7400 early this AM....aka when Asia got on the ball. I slept through that unfortunately. Still dumped at $7200 just now. Hopefully not have to wait too long for a chance to buy back in. I gotta get me a job so I can just go back to pure hodler status.

Well this has been hell of a week, as usual. Now the fork is dead. 8k within 12 hours? Sooner?

I hope so, I need to go to sleep tonight. Wild ride today. Alts blasted by my seemingly un-possible sell orders, left money on the table there.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    I bought some GBTC a couple weeks back with some gambling money. This roller coaster is fun.
    Bitcoin Investment Trust? Thats cool.

Fuk btc it's a fkn scam

I posted a graph that would crush any true believer.

Can't find it but found this
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Fuk btc it's a fkn scam

I posted a graph that would crush any true believer.

Can't find it but found this
    Solid work, you deserve a helping star for the day.

BTC has made some big moves on Saturday in recent months. Will be interesting to see if the range expands tomorrow.

I think that Bitcoin should and might be made illegal by most major economies.

The uses I see for Bitcoin are:

1) Primary as in its first use is in printing money for those at the top of the pyramid - those who were in early really got to "mine" basically were allowed print money. Sure the scheme makes sense for those at the top.

2) Speculation - yeah if you bought at $500 you made great money. But that doesn't mean it creates real economic value. Sure Tulip's were a great investment in 1636 but that doesn't mean that the absurd increases in value were either real or representative of the real economic value. Sure other assets are subject to speculation but unlike say gold, bitcoin has $0 intrinsic economic value other than its ability to transfer other currencies. Gold can crash, but damn it actually has some physical uses. Try to make a nice ring or electronics part or dental work out of bitcoins. What happens if it loses its other uses?

3) Tax Evasion - You can evade taxes by getting paid/paying in Bitcoin. And thats great for you if you do it, but where is the economic value? What does that add to society?

4) Criminal Enterprise - in connection with the Tax Evasion criminals can move their funds around without paying taxes or being subject to the scrutiny of law enforcement officials. So I'm supposed to think its some great thing that criminal hackers can extort victims of their malware in bitcoin or that prostitution rings or drug lords or mob types can move their gains to the godfathers accounts without government knowledge?

Fuck that. I think that there isn't a solid case for its societal benefit. Blockchain technology - sure - I could see blockchain being implemented in the context of a regulated currency that eliminates the worst of the tax and criminal uses and being a benefit. But because in its current form it is more about uses that aren't beneficial to society or add real value to economy I think that its use in current form should be banned by law.

And if its made illegal in say in US law, what happens to its value then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

1) Primary as in its first use is in printing money for those at the top of the pyramid - those who were in early really got to "mine" basically were allowed print money. Sure the scheme makes sense for those at the top.

2) Speculation - yeah if you bought at $500 you made great money. But that doesn't mean it creates real economic value. Sure Tulip's were a great investment in 1636 but that doesn't mean that the absurd increases in value were either real or representative of the real economic value. Sure other assets are subject to speculation but unlike say gold, bitcoin has $0 intrinsic economic value other than its ability to transfer other currencies. Gold can crash, but damn it actually has some physical uses. Try to make a nice ring or electronics part or dental work out of bitcoins. What happens if it loses its other uses?

3) Tax Evasion - You can evade taxes by getting paid/paying in Bitcoin. And thats great for you if you do it, but where is the economic value? What does that add to society?

4) Criminal Enterprise - in connection with the Tax Evasion criminals can move their funds around without paying taxes or being subject to the scrutiny of law enforcement officials. So I'm supposed to think its some great thing that criminal hackers can extort victims of their malware in bitcoin or that prostitution rings or drug lords or mob types can move their gains to the godfathers accounts without government knowledge?

Fuck that. I think that there isn't a solid case for its societal benefit. Blockchain technology - sure - I could see blockchain being implemented in the context of a regulated currency that eliminates the worst of the tax and criminal uses and being a benefit. But because in its current form it is more about uses that aren't beneficial to society or add real value to economy I think that its use in current form should be banned by law.

do you work for the IRS?

Oh you forgot black market drug trade as a use for BTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    do you work for the IRS?

Oh you forgot black market drug trade as a use for BTC.
    Not IRS, but from a societal view point why do we benefit as a whole by enabling tax avoidance? If you study the economic woes of Greece tax avoidance is a big component. Doctors, Lawyers, basically everybody tries to get paid in cash so they can avoid reporting income = big revenue shortfalls = they can't pay their debt.

And I included drug lords in the Criminal Enterprise realm.

Great points.

Just started researching a company called Riot, that listed on nasdaq recently, (like a month or 2 ago). They are invested in bitcoin mining, so their stock price moves with bitcoin, so that is one play you could do, but they also have other companies that aim to utilize the blockchain as a service. Check out TESSpay, a transaction escrow settlement service company that basically executes smart contracts.
    I love the technology behind this stuff, but trying to figure out where to make my play.
    Here I sit on my hands while Nvidia keeps jammin!
    sigless.

Looks like I’m not the only one thinking that it could be banned
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.coi...ments-will-ban

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not IRS, but from a societal view point why do we benefit as a whole by enabling tax avoidance? If you study the economic woes of Greece tax avoidance is a big component. Doctors, Lawyers, basically everybody tries to get paid in cash so they can avoid reporting income = big revenue shortfalls = they can't pay their debt.

And I included drug lords in the Criminal Enterprise realm.
    FYI this type tax evasion happens all over America. In fact I make it a point to ask certain places if there is a cash price difference. The answer is usually that you'll pay no sales tax. Ever been to Jersey? Diners are huge tax cheats. Little steak house in Morris plains. Super popular (3 total locations I think one in Hoboken). Busy as hell always. They accept ZERO credit cards. Cash in hand. Think they declare it all? Ha.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Sure enough. BTC dropped $600 just after midnight Saturday GMT. $6200 low. Bounce a bit.

http://www.parkrecord.com/news/bitco...k-city-market/

$3.5mil home transaction in Park city completed with bitcoin.
    sigless.