Page 465 of 643 FirstFirst ... 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,625 of 16067
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Why is it "insane"? FTX collapsed a few weeks ago and two posts above MontuckyFried's shows Caroline Ellison in New York, right? Why? What other entities are in New York City? Conspiracy mongers consistently fail to see what is right in front of their noses.
    Adderall fueled orgy with the SEC?

Cutting a deal with prosecutors to roll on SBF. Populist outrage is not enough, to make a case the Justice Department needs witnesses, documents, and data.

Populist outrage is not enough, to make a case the Justice Department needs witnesses, documents, and data.
    So making over a BILLION dollars go poof ain't enough to catch the Justice Dept's attention?! Oh, but better make sure you always have every Venmo transaction accounted for and reported in full.

Also, since when is it news that people tend to not go to jail for financial crimes? HSBC admitted to laundering almost a billion dollars for the Sinoloas and other violent cartels and no one there went to jail. I'm not saying it's right, but it's a story as old as time.

Christ in a bendy bus, when did memes gain the ability to short circuit everyone's ability to think? I'll write it nice and slow: there. is. already. an. existing. federal. investigation. preceding. FTX's. collapse.
    Alright. Fine. Let's see if they ever actually do anything about it. Unfortunately they've been allowing him to conduct his little apology tour to get ahead of it all.

Here's what's also surprising, though. He lost people an insane of money, and I'm sure some of the victims are powerful and wealthy. SO, how has this fool not been assassinated or kidnapped yet? Same with every other prominent high profile fraudster. How come these guys don't go swimming with the fishes more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Also, since when is it news that people tend to not go to jail for financial crimes? HSBC admitted to laundering almost a billion dollars for the Sinoloas and other violent cartels and no one there went to jail. I'm not saying it's right, but it's a story as old as time.
    Yup. Also absolutely infuriating. And that same government will go after small businesses for fucking up a line on their taxes.

I'm not surprised Ellison is not in jail - I'd guess it's part of the arrangement her lawyers made. She comes back onto US soil and spills the beans Monday to Friday from 9 to 5 but otherwise is free to roam the city - at least for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The HongKong and Shanghai Banking Company formed 1865 to finance and bank for the opium trade launders drug money? Shocking.

Anyways, it’s been a month. Don’t prematurely ejaculate like MonCucky

My sister worked for HSBC in bank compliance and over the years she seen a lot of money come into Canada from the PRC ( basiclay money laundering ) and HSBC didn't do anything to stop it

So the RBC just bought the Canadian holdings of HSBC eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Michael Milken
    Kind of a fall guy for widespread financial fraud caused by bank deregulation of 80’s. S&l’s, MLP’s, junk bonds. Greed is good.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    My sister worked for HSBC in bank compliance and over the years she seen a lot of money come into Canada from the PRC ( basiclay money laundering ) and HSBC didn't do anything to stop it

So the RBC just bought the Canadian holdings of HSBC eh
    hsbc fairly recently paid a 2b fine for laundering drug money. just the cost of doing business for them?

https://amp.scmp.com/magazines/post-...g-cartels-paid
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yup. Also absolutely infuriating. And that same government will go after small businesses for fucking up a line on their taxes.
    What are you yammering about? The IRS rarely “goes after” a small business and only then when they have enough to try to prove fraud. Given so many small business owners proudly and publicly proclaim their tax fraud and underpayment schemes there really should be more examples of the IRS “going after” them. Alas it is just another tired trope of “conservatives” who applaud fraud and theft when it suits them.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The irs will not dedicate an abundance of resources to go after people that they will never collect from. That’s why they focus on stupid people like us. They can attaché to wages. put liens on property.

Btw. The fbi once called me for my records as it pertained to someone I sued. They told me they don’t do anything if it’s under a million. Department of Justice, deputy chief, fraud section basically told me they don’t have enough people.

I told them to fuck off.

I hope none of you ever learn the truth. It might ruin your glorious attitude towards govt.

What are the odds that the people complaining that complicated tax evasion cases don’t get investigated are the same ones complaining that the IRS is hiring 10’s of thousands of new employees?

They might not do anything criminally for under a million but they’ll collect $10 if they think it’s owed and never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I hope none of you ever learn the truth. It might ruin your glorious attitude towards govt.
    I'm sure there's a sensible recommendation coming to replace a system of government with.....???

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    hsbc fairly recently paid a 2b fine for laundering drug money. just the cost of doing business for them?

https://amp.scmp.com/magazines/post-...g-cartels-paid
    She told me compliance was the only dept in the HSBC that was growing and she did really well

She seen a lot of the transfer of $ to get it out of the PRC, it was really easy to pull a report which shows who did it and then they would send them a check and a letter saying that is illegal so we can no longer do business with you but the money is out

it sounds like HSBC is selling its Canadian assets for 13.5 billion
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    I'm sure there's a sensible recommendation coming to replace a system of government with.....???
    Galt's Gulch?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Arrest and incarcerate people based entirely on what the media reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    The irs will not dedicate an abundance of resources to go after people that they will never collect from. That’s why they focus on stupid people like us. They can attaché to wages. put liens on property.

Btw. The fbi once called me for my records as it pertained to someone I sued. They told me they don’t do anything if it’s under a million. Department of Justice, deputy chief, fraud section basically told me they don’t have enough people.

I told them to fuck off.

That’s funny because a guy I worked for was the subject of an years long FBI investigation and IRS criminal investigation when he didn’t report $500k of embezzled funds. He ended up spending 18 months in jail. They must not have gotten the memo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    What are the odds that the people complaining that complicated tax evasion cases don’t get investigated are the same ones complaining that the IRS is hiring 10’s of thousands of new employees?
    Exactly. Just pay your damn taxes. There are already so many ridiculous write offs. The salaried people are the one who should be bitching if anything.

Is it really a crime to try to convince others the line will go up forever?

Everything should be done like this..

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    That’s funny because a guy I worked for was the subject of an years long FBI investigation and IRS criminal investigation when he didn’t report $500k of embezzled funds. He ended up spending 18 months in jail. They must not have gotten the memo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The point is that they are not obligated to enforce laws, it’s discretionary.

They simply don’t have the man power. The are actually very few US attorneys in each state. I was lucky, I was friends with one, otherwise I would gotten the answering machine

But go ahead, be stupid, find out for yourself.