Page 407 of 432 FirstFirst ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 10780
  1. #10151
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    8,261
    More rumors and hearsay, nice catch.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

  2. #10152
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    10,123
    Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    More rumors and hearsay, nice catch.
    Other than getting clicks, why do you feel The Block would lie about the two sources behind the story?

  3. #10153
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    20,379
    That just sounds horrible for all the folks who have their $ held hostage hope they get it back or that there is at least justice meted out
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  4. #10154
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    8,261
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Other than getting clicks, why do you feel The Block would lie about the two sources behind the story?
    I guess I'm just impatient for verifiable facts.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

  5. #10155
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,936
    CEL token is still up 300% from 2019 so thereís hope I suppose. Still way outperformed stonks. Right?

  6. #10156
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,936
    The blockfi acquisition looks like a foreclosure.

  7. #10157
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,936
    Bankman-Fried is like the old Warren Buffett. He can buy these failing companies and squeeze enough cash flow out of them while strengthening his other businesses.

  8. #10158
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    8,261
    A blog post/update from Celsius

    Across Celsius today, we are focused and working as quickly as we can to stabilize liquidity and operations, in order to be positioned to share more information with the community. We are operating with the entire community and all clients in mind as we work through these challenging times.

    We continue to take important steps to preserve and protect assets and explore options available to us. These options include pursuing strategic transactions as well as a restructuring of our liabilities, among other avenues. These exhaustive explorations are complex and take time, but we want the community to know that our teams are working with experts from many different disciplines.

    Our relationship with the community and our clients has been a source of pride for all team members at Celsius, and we will continue to share information with our customers as and when it becomes appropriate.


    https://blog.celsius.network/across-...y-c71b29513a9b
    https://twitter.com/CelsiusNetwork/s...50066019282944
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

  9. #10159
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,984
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The blockfi acquisition looks like a foreclosure.
    $25 Million. With an M.

  10. #10160
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    A blog post/update from Celsius

    Across Celsius today, we are focused and working as quickly as we can to stabilize liquidity and operations, in order to be positioned to share more information with the community. We are operating with the entire community and all clients in mind as we work through these challenging times.

    We continue to take important steps to preserve and protect assets and explore options available to us. These options include pursuing strategic transactions as well as a restructuring of our liabilities, among other avenues. These exhaustive explorations are complex and take time, but we want the community to know that our teams are working with experts from many different disciplines.

    Our relationship with the community and our clients has been a source of pride for all team members at Celsius, and we will continue to share information with our customers as and when it becomes appropriate.


    https://blog.celsius.network/across-...y-c71b29513a9b
    https://twitter.com/CelsiusNetwork/s...50066019282944
    Feels good to be part of a community!

  11. #10161
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,936

    Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    $25 Million. With an M.
    On a $5b (thatís billion) valuation from 3 months ago?

    Foreclosing on the $250 million loan

  12. #10162
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    337
    How is what's happening in crypto right now any different than the bank runs of the late 1800s? They even had their own tokens back then called bank notes.

  13. #10163
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    7,729
    Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    How is what's happening in crypto right now any different than the bank runs of the late 1800s? They even had their own tokens back then called bank notes.
    like the 1907 Bankers Panic that lead to the creation of the Federal Reserve, and SBF is cosplaying JPMs role? Major difference so far seems to be not much actual interplay between crypto and other things; those panics had speculative instruments that were also large corps - like Tennessee Iron that got merged into US steel

  14. #10164
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,531
    Quote Originally Posted by mee03b View Post
    Thnks for shering.
    Funny, but reported post, but still funny.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  15. #10165
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,248
    The new issue of Bloomberg Business Week.. " the heist issue ". Its mostly articles about large scams/ fraud/ thefts.. The entire issue is well worth reading, especially the article about crypto theft.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

  16. #10166
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    8,261
    Well I bought bitcoin today, under $20k. Not sure if the low is in, but stay the course.

    Also bought chainlink. I've reached my goal and brought my cost basis way down from $10. Haven't decided what to do next, part of me wants to keep buying as long as it's down.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

  17. #10167
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,014
    Donít worry Community, weíre going to be stable and liquid any day now!!!!

    https://blog.celsius.network/across-...y-c71b29513a9b

    (FYI, theyíre going to stabilize by taking your money, they just canít say that yet.)

  18. #10168
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    8,261
    Just got this email from Voyager (I don't have any funds there)

    Today we made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend trading, deposits, withdrawals, and loyalty rewards. The app will be down for a short transition period. After that, you will still be able to view market data and track your portfolio, and you will receive rewards payments for the month of June.

    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

  19. #10169
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,936
    ďTrack your portfolioĒ.

  20. #10170
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    10,306
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    ďTrack your portfolioĒ.
    Don't forget viewing market data! That's importanter...

  21. #10171
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,936

    Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

    Considering the news BTC is holding up pretty well. Maybe the liquidation sales have mostly been made.

    Iím hearing more about unmet margin calls. I canít see any path for these unregulated exchanges to collect. Thatís why regulated exchanges have clearing and a broker in the accountability chain.

  22. #10172
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,680
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Considering the news BTC is holding up pretty well. Maybe the liquidation sales have mostly been made.

    Iím hearing more about unmet margin calls. I canít see any path for these unregulated exchanges to collect. Thatís why regulated exchanges have clearing and a broker in the accountability chain.
    How the fuck is this crap not regulated.
    This last yr. Or two, these firms have been trading against customer collateral.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #10173
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,936

    Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    How the fuck is this crap not regulated.
    This last yr. Or two, these firms have been trading against customers
    Iíve never read any of the client agreements but Iím also a bit put off that the FBI and other enforcement agencies are trying to clean it up. Isnít decentralized autonomy a feature? Risks were known?

  24. #10174
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Iíve never read any of the client agreements but Iím also a bit put off that the FBI and other enforcement agencies are trying to clean it up. Isnít decentralized autonomy a feature? Risks were known?
    Hear me out: what if they arenít actually decentralized, and they lie to their customers about the risks?

  25. #10175
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,984
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Hear me out: what if they arenít actually decentralized, and they lie to their customers about the risks?
    Name:  Image1656714019.052230.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  8.5 KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •