Page 406 of 645 FirstFirst ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,150 of 16103
    Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    But hasn't the GDP of El Salvador benefited since bitcoin adoption? Thought I read that somewhere...
    According to article in Economist magazine ... El Salvador is much worse off financially since bitcoin adoption....and the dictator is increasing restrictions on media / free speech ... But the dictator increased his own wealth so that's what's most important to the bitcoin hucksters
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Freakanomics is doing a mini series on Crypto - First episode last week. It was a good listen. Stephen does a good job straddling the tight rope between the two sides of the discussion…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    According to article in Economist magazine ... El Salvador is much worse off financially since bitcoin adoption....and the dictator is increasing restrictions on media / free speech ... But the dictator increased his own wealth so that's what's most important to the bitcoin hucksters
    this guy?! I'm shocked! he looks legit. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220627-142258_Google.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	420054

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Confirmation of what we knew. Man, they must have some serious coin considering all of their projects.
    https://coloradosun.com/2022/06/28/o...to-mine-solar/
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

If Bitcoin keeps bouncing around the 20k mark, does that mean it is likely to go lower? Seems like the support that held it is likely to erode with a second extended dip below $20k.

For what it’s worth my programmer / EE friend who retired at 32 from Tesla remains convinced that the underlying tech is really good and that this is a blip similar to the 99 tech crash. He claims that he could see himself buying “a couple hundred thousand more $” worth of Bitcoin if it drops much lower. He did manage to cash out on Tesla completely when it was near its all time highs. Maybe there are a lot of people out there like him. 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    If Bitcoin keeps bouncing around the 20k mark, does that mean it is likely to go lower? Seems like the support that held it is likely to erode with a second extended dip below $20k.

For what it’s worth my programmer / EE friend who retired at 32 from Tesla remains convinced that the underlying tech is really good and that this is a blip similar to the 99 tech crash. He claims that he could see himself buying “a couple hundred thousand more $” worth of Bitcoin if it drops much lower. He did manage to cash out on Tesla completely when it was near its all time highs. Maybe there are a lot of people out there like him. ��

Your friend has enough brains to buy at a lower price.. And the brains to sell after a huge price increase.. Unlike the hucksters and bitcoin religion cult members
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Technically, when something bounces around the lows after a big decline it usually goes lower because a market doesn’t give you that much time to buy the low. Or, it moves sidewise and develops a solid base. “The longer the base, the higher in space”

Is Celsius in cash or do they have more to sell since it looks like bankruptcy?

I suspect there was a lot of activity in recent weeks so market makers could get ready for BITI.

Why does it look like bankruptcy? I never heard anything like that from Celsius, only from engagement farmers. Do you have a source?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Why does it look like bankruptcy? I never heard anything like that from Celsius, only from engagement farmers. Do you have a source?
    Isn’t pausing withdrawals a giant red flag?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB97B1E9-ADDC-4113-805E-EC4245006BFF.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	774.6 KB 
ID:	420250

https://twitter.com/silvermanjacob/s...oHOjLXshZXUpNg

CNBC discussion about an hour ago. There is no path out. Their only solution is open up and no one sells. That’s not happening.

It’s what their lawyers want?

“Celsius, dogged by a liquidity crisis for weeks, has been resisting guidance from its own lawyers to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.”

There could be a miracle 100% rally in assets to bail them out.

the WSJ reported recently that Cel has been hiring bankruptcy lawyers.

Goldman Sachs is preparing to buy the distressed assets if/when Celsius goes bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    the WSJ reported recently that Cel has been hiring bankruptcy lawyers.

Goldman Sachs is preparing to buy the distressed assets if/when Celsius goes bankrupt.
    They have to auction to highest bidder? GS could step in pre BK but don’t think they’d want any custodial liability

get your money the fuck out of Celsius as soon as you can

https://www.wsj.com/articles/behind-the-celsius-sales-pitch-was-a-crypto-firm-built-on-risk-11656498142

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    They have to auction to highest bidder? GS could step in pre BK but don’t think they’d want any custodial liability
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ets-2022-6?amp

GS would be acting as broker.

Ok, thanks. No new information. I'm just waiting, not much else I can do.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Is that even possible? Won’t people just be getting a return of the portion the bankruptcy court allocated to them? I don’t know much about this, but I thought the thing about Celsius is that they leveraged the money / assets people put in so the assets will be sold to pay off creditors? If Celsius says they had $11B of assets and GS is brokering a deal at $2B doesn’t that mean everyone is going to get ~$.15 on the dollar back?

“Assets?” Like leveraged loans? It’s all one giant derivative contract. It’s completely opaque what they actually have in reserve.

Not like lev loans
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Is that even possible? Won’t people just be getting a return of the portion the bankruptcy court allocated to them? I don’t know much about this, but I thought the thing about Celsius is that they leveraged the money / assets people put in so the assets will be sold to pay off creditors? If Celsius says they had $11B of assets and GS is brokering a deal at $2B doesn’t that mean everyone is going to get ~$.15 on the dollar back?
    some of the bailout proposals for other crypto corps have preferred equity to customer accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    “Assets?” Like leveraged loans? It’s all one giant derivative contract. It’s completely opaque what they actually have in reserve.
    My (very limited) understanding is that people either put $usd into Celsius or contributed bitcoin and other crypto. So the assets would be crypto currency.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    some of the bailout proposals for other crypto corps have preferred equity to customer accounts.
    No shit, they have lower priority than equity!? That’s fucking nuts, although I guess it makes sense given the advertised returns.