Page 260 of 368 FirstFirst ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 9194
  1. #6476
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,432
    Holy shit.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  2. #6477
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,853
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Hey, you guys remember when you called me literally insane for suggesting that Bitcoin mining could be good for the power grid and facilitate green energy development? Good times.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/04/bitc...box=1638794317

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    JFC, either you're a bigger idiot than I thought or my sarcasm meter is dead. Someone please tell me if I'm the idiot or he is. BTC mining still consuming the equivalent of all of Norway's electric consumption, all in the service of solving pointless math problems. So fucking stupid.

    Ted Cruz...SMH. I mean, someone hijacked his TGR account or something, right? You cannot be serious [/McEnroe]
    [quote][//quote]

  3. #6478
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,863
    So you guys all read the article, right?

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  4. #6479
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    13,137
    Took some Matic profits. Turned it into Klima. Right now Klima token is approx 3.5x the value of the assets in their treasury so that seems about right

  5. #6480
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    So you guys all read the article, right?

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    I skimmed it and this quote is my takeaway-

    ″The analogy I like to use is that if you start smoking two packs a day and then cut back to one pack on holidays, that doesn’t make smoking good for your health,” he says.

  6. #6481
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,432
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    So you guys all read the article, right?

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

    So, you're serious.

    Yeah. I read Ted Cruz. Ted Fucking Cruz, telling me that, hey, everything is cool, when the shit hits the fan, all the miners have to do is turn off the switch. Awesome. That's fucking genius. Texas agains reminds the world that nobody should be worried that they are the new California, the apogee of western anglo civilization. Like, we are totally doomed.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  7. #6482
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    So you guys all read the article, right?

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Bitcoin will now enable Texas to use all of their electric grid all the time now, so we can burn more nat gas and oil!
    Its helping smooth out the unique hiccups in the Texas energy grid, not pushing green energy.

  8. #6483
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Hey, you guys remember when you called me literally insane for suggesting that Bitcoin mining could be good for the power grid and facilitate green energy development? Good times.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/04/bitc...box=1638794317

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    irony is dead

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  9. #6484
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,863
    This is sometimes the best example of the "I'm a 50+ year old upper-middle-class white guy who can't even begin to entertain new ideas, even when they might actually be positive" on the entirety of the internet.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  10. #6485
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    This is sometimes the best example of the "I'm a 50+ year old upper-middle-class white guy who can't even begin to entertain new ideas, even when they might actually be positive" on the entirety of the internet.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    You've made so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit. But it's still not pushing green energy, its mostly just burning more fuel. Texas is like 25% wind, so that's positive, but now we can make sure the coal and nat gas plants are running all the time. Not exactly helping the environment.

  11. #6486
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    You've made so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit. But it's still not pushing green energy, its mostly just burning more fuel. Texas is like 25% wind, so that's positive, but now we can make sure the coal and nat gas plants are running all the time. Not exactly helping the environment.
    Does the time when I said stacking BTC at 4k in late 2018 was a really good idea count as one of these tangential claims you speak of? Because your rebuttals all sound the same now. "Stalefish, you are completely insane. BTC is a beanie baby with tulip fur and it's going to zero."

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  12. #6487
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    irony is dead
    Long live irony

  13. #6488
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Does the time when I said stacking BTC at 4k in late 2018 was a really good idea count as one of these tangential claims you speak of? Because your rebuttals all sound the same now. "Stalefish, you are completely insane. BTC is a beanie baby with tulip fur and it's going to zero."

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    So when your point is refuted you change track completely. Noted.

  14. #6489
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Long live irony
    it's honestly the only reason i come to this thread

    and for the record, i hold 15% of my investment portfolio in various crypto - LINK, LRC, BTC, ETH. i'm a cautious believer

    but, good lord, stalefish is high on his own farts. or on ted cruz's natural gas-powered mining fumes.

  15. #6490
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    6,142
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    This is sometimes the best example of the "I'm a 50+ year old upper-middle-class white guy who can't even begin to entertain new ideas, even when they might actually be positive" on the entirety of the internet.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    the irony of using Ted cruz who’s wife works for the vampire squid

  16. #6491
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    it's honestly the only reason i come to this thread

    and for the record, i hold 15% of my investment portfolio in various crypto - LINK, LRC, BTC, ETH. i'm a cautious believer

    but, good lord, stalefish is high on his own farts. or on ted cruz's natural gas-powered mining fumes.
    It's enough to make a person wonder why Canwilf is taking so long to pick a new username.

  17. #6492
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,432
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    This is sometimes the best example of the "I'm a 50+ year old upper-middle-class white guy who can't even begin to entertain new ideas, even when they might actually be positive" on the entirety of the internet.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Hey, question.

    Do you think they paid Matt Damon dollars or crypto for doing that commercial?

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  18. #6493
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    So when your point is refuted you change track completely. Noted.
    My point isn't refuted at all. BTC is scaling up in Texas (and the rest of the USA) whether you like it or not. The head of ERCOT thinks BTC is good for the grid. I imagine he's in a position to make a much bigger impact than your combined efforts.

    Besides that, I didn't change the subject at all. You insulted me about making "so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit." This is of course the BTC thread, and my thesis is that the number is going up and to the right, despite your feelings.

    Additionally, it's clear that most of you have very little understanding of how the power grid works. I've recently posted two links (the other one) about how BTC is arguably facilitating green energy infrastructure. Yet most of you choose to respond with emotional outrage other than factual responses. You've made up your mind that energy usage is inherently bad (it's not) and that BTC isn't innovative (POW is the primary innovation in crypto).

    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the irony of using Ted cruz who’s wife works for the vampire squid
    I disagree with Ted Cruz about almost everything. But if Ted is anything, he's a political opportunist. However, this is much much bigger than one person. Fair warning, if you're getting upset now that BTC is gaining political backing, I suspect you're going to be very very upset over the coming years.

  19. #6494
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,339

    Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post

    Yet most of you choose to respond with emotional outrage other than factual responses.
    Truly.

  20. #6495
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,432
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    My point isn't refuted at all. BTC is scaling up in Texas (and the rest of the USA) whether you like it or not. The head of ERCOT thinks BTC is good for the grid. I imagine he's in a position to make a much bigger impact than your combined efforts.

    Besides that, I didn't change the subject at all. You insulted me about making "so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit." This is of course the BTC thread, and my thesis is that the number is going up and to the right, despite your feelings.

    Additionally, it's clear that most of you have very little understanding of how the power grid works. I've recently posted two links (the other one) about how BTC is arguably facilitating green energy infrastructure. Yet most of you choose to respond with emotional outrage other than factual responses. You've made up your mind that energy usage is inherently bad (it's not) and that BTC isn't innovative (POW is the primary innovation in crypto).



    I disagree with Ted Cruz about almost everything. But if Ted is anything, he's a political opportunist. However, this is much much bigger than one person. Fair warning, if you're getting upset now that BTC is gaining political backing, I suspect you're going to be very very upset over the coming years.
    If you haven't figured out that politics is primarily driven by money by now, well, good luck in your dystopian future.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  21. #6496
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    6,142
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I disagree with Ted Cruz about almost everything. But if Ted is anything, he's a political opportunist. However, this is much much bigger than one person. Fair warning, if you're getting upset now that BTC is gaining political backing, I suspect you're going to be very very upset over the coming years.
    why would I be upset that shitty whores like Ted cruz take a dump on your digital utopian bullshit?

  22. #6497
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by LamBromontana View Post
    Well played! Except for buying on Robinhood...because that's not really buying BTC.

  23. #6498
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    why would I be upset that shitty whores like Ted cruz take a dump on your digital utopian bullshit?
    I don't know what point you're trying to make here. Ted Cruz is a BTC supporter. I surmise that's because he sees how many of his constituents are too.

  24. #6499
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post

    Additionally, it's clear that most of you have very little understanding of how the power grid works.
    https://youtu.be/v1BMWczn7JM

  25. #6500
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    If you haven't figured out that politics is primarily driven by money by now, well, good luck in your dystopian future.
    Where did I say it's not? I firmly believe that corruption is the number one problem in US politics. And unfortunately, both the red and blue teams are rotten to the core. The fucking president is literally on film saying "I was ready to proustite myself [to big donors]." Personally, I think a decentralized ledger with rules and transactions viewable by all is a good step in the right direction versus an opaque system where insiders get to print money to give to their cronies, debasing USD, whenever the feel like it with absolutely zero accountability.

    Of course that bring us to another one of my "wild claims" when I stated that inflation was going to become a problem, well before it made it into the news cycle. Of course the general response in here was that I was a whack job that didn't understand economics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •