Page 250 of 650 FirstFirst ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 16239
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    That sounds to me like gambling or buying lotto tickets.
    It is. But consider that Millennials and Gen Y are gambling away their future. And realistically most of them have none

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    It is. But consider that Millennials and Gen Y are gambling away their future. And realistically most of them have none
    So…nihilism? We don’t have a future anyways. Might as well drive up the value of my imaginary asset class?

Also, millennials and gen y are the same thing.

Carry on….
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    There’s like 40 cryptos right now. Eventually 30+ of them go to 0.
    There are 6000+ cryptos now, 99.9% + are going to go down to zero. The fate of the rest, in the short term, are to be seen.

A lot of secondary industries down the pipeline (down from the processor manufacturers like nVidia,AMD etc) are absolutely fucking livid atm and they are making their grievances know to the politicians: industries (automation, logistics, manufacturing etc) are in the world of pain due to lack of components. Now with the raise of CPU+SSD based mining (Raptoreum, Chia) the drought is going to get much, much worse.

In Europe the issue is starting to affect critical infra projects and the green parties are (finally) starting to wake up to the environmental aspect as well. For example in Sweden the discourse is stepping up : https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/1...ish-regulators

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

I mean I "gambeled" into a future.

i gambled on a tip from this dude^, who i could tell has put a lot of time in the space and understands it. holding lrc for a bit, looking like 7$ is not out of the question in the next couple months. we shall see.

i don't see btc and eth as anything but a new asset class that will go up forever.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    holding lrc for a bit, looking like 7$ is not out of the question in the next couple months.
    Just curious why you think this?

I don't think it's far fetched to think any alt can 2.6x in a couple months.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Just curious why you think this?
    gamestop announcement

WAX up 30% today and finally made it to page 1 of CMC. Most used blockchain in the world. Still crazy undervalued IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    WAX up 30% today and finally made it to page 1 of CMC. Most used blockchain in the world. Still crazy undervalued IMO.

Up 50% in 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Up 50% in 7 days.
    In since 0.04 cents and loving this! LFG!

https://twitter.com/WAX_io/status/14...FrmaYU9pQ&s=19

WAX is interesting. 3.7bn max. 1.8bn burned. How does it justify being carbon neutral? Will dig more

WAX is interesting. 3.7bn max. 1.8bn burned. How does it justify being carbon neutral? Will dig more
    Its DPOS delegated proof of stake consensus is very efficient. There are only 21 active block producers (miners) that get voted into their positions from a large pool of standbys. https://wax.bloks.io/ Some argue that this is "centralized" but I think for WAX's use case the decentralization is more than sufficient. Binance Smart Chain consensus is basically a copy of DPOS.

Great primer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsHYI3vJa4o

Also worth noting BTC Taproot upgrade went down flawlessly.

https://twitter.com/CRUNewsDesk/stat...NZPA8JCJQ&s=19

The shenanigans people are doing on complex defi blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Its DPOS delegated proof of stake consensus is very efficient. There are only 21 active block producers (miners) that get voted into their positions from a large pool of standbys. https://wax.bloks.io/ Some argue that this is "centralized" but I think for WAX's use case the decentralization is more than sufficient. Binance Smart Chain consensus is basically a copy of DPOS.

Great primer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsHYI3vJa4o

That was really good. .I still want to know more about dPOS but the Wax Cloud Wallet is as easy as I've seen. About 10000x easier to use than MetaMask. literally a one click signup

I'm leaning towards putting a few K towards WAX and ENJN as being the NFT txn blockchains...With ENJN using existing chains and WAX developing its own chain. Really like the smaller market cap of WAX too. I'll do more reading about dPOS and post here if I can.

I vetted WAXP for my purposes and am happy to hold it as some NFT exposure. Certainly not bitching about it right now, but I think it's a worthy hold for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Because new upstart car manufacturers are so much better at building cars than companies that have up to 100+- years of experience? Everyone realizes that it will take longer than the daydreamers to switch to all electric? There is a couple of decades of infrastructure that need to be completed before full scale switchover can happen. Remember, no one wants to do blue collar work.
    The established car companies are stuck in their old ways. Battery-powered cars are tech first, then tires. That is why the oldies will struggle against new start ups unless they create new electric divisions with a techy president to run the operation. I'm rooting for Ford's new electric pick-up. I hope they support it properly. Like my kid said, who is an engineer in the electric motorcycle industry, "everything you hate about your phone and computer, you'll hate about this motorcycle." Even the electronics in combustion vehicles are the number one complaint amongst drivers. The tech guys are going to win this race.

But yeah, the infrastructure is going to take time. Although I was pretty shocked at how many charging stations are currently available locally when you pull up a google map search.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    The established car companies are stuck in their old ways. Battery-powered cars are tech first, then tires. That is why the oldies will struggle against new start ups unless they create new electric divisions with a techy president to run the operation. I'm rooting for Ford's new electric pick-up. I hope they support it properly. Like my kid said, who is an engineer in the electric motorcycle industry, "everything you hate about your phone and computer, you'll hate about this motorcycle." Even the electronics in combustion vehicles are the number one complaint amongst drivers. The tech guys are going to win this race.

But yeah, the infrastructure is going to take time. Although I was pretty shocked at how many charging stations are currently available locally when you pull up a google map search.
    great distillation of the bullshit narrative and reinforcement of how “tech” isn’t a description of anything but narrative.

if it’s a race, it’s a slow grinding one for anything but stock price. And existing car corps grind out profit and models.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    great distillation of the bullshit narrative and reinforcement of how “tech” isn’t a description of anything but narrative.

if it’s a race, it’s a slow grinding one for anything but stock price. And existing car corps grind out profit and models.
    So you don't think computer tech is the future of cars? It's just a bullshit narrative. Ok.

GM really ground out the profit and models after we bailed them out eh.

It’s 100% batteries. Two things will keep electric cars from taking over.
    1. Batteries become useless after a half dozen years, requiring thousands of dollars to keep the car relevant. Ask any Leaf owner. A car that only goes 20 miles isn’t a car.
    2. Range. A world of commuter cars in a country where everyone plans to drive 3-6 hours to grandmas house for Christmas. Charging stations are as much problem as they are solution. 15 min for something you can do in a gas car in 2 min? And the 15 min charge damages the batteries, accelerating the first problem.
    Can’t imagine Crypto or anyone other than a chemist fixing the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I constantly get asked for my opinions (which are worthless) about how to get in. Well, first, you have to establish a position at some point, or you are just on the outside looking in and being like, "WHY? OH SHIT, Glad I didn't do that!"

I finally just painted up what I would say would be a solid DCA plan for newbs to just hold on to for a bunch of years.

I stand behind it (and my massive art skills).

I think it could help a lot of people out, even if they just took a few sheckles from their paycheck each week and didn't check the market. Don't do that.

Anywho, here it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shekles.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	392867

For posterity, as of this date:

BTC 61182
    ETH 4347
    SOL 228
    DOT 42
    AVAX 90
    ADA 1.95
    LINK 30
    BNB 611
    ONE 0.26

As an alternative point of view, I would say that Sergey is mr right and Charles is mr right now. I'm not interested in eth killers or layer 2. I don't see any way to know that they would be around in a few years, at least based on the past performance of sh!tcoins throughout the space.

Soooo, I am upping my link game. I just purchased more link with btc at 0.00049130 and will probably continue to average into it while the price is favorable.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Bought the dip.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Bought the dip.
    Dip would be a great name for a shitcoin. Dipshit. Have a picture of Trump for the meme.