Page 198 of 233 FirstFirst ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 5815
    Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I haven't use tether very often and honestly I think it's shady
    Why do you think it is shady?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Strike. Instant free payments around the world using Bitcoin + Lightning Network. Sounds good right? Sounds almost too good to ...
    So far anyway, to make it work Strike had to centralize their network. Strike only accepts payments from trusted channels because they were getting so many payment failures (thread below). As is the case with the exchanges, Strike is acting more like a centralized bank. Which begs the question: if everyone is on the same lightning network, doesn't that kinda miss the point of the whole thing?

Anyway, the demo in the video is cool but leaning into the "less than a second" narrative is kinda lame in the era of global networks. After all, real time chat etc. has been around for a while.

As far as the business model, it could be classic Silicon Valley disruption. Charge a zero or nominal fee in the beginning to drive out existing players and then raise prices in the future.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackMalle...03528116883456

FWIW, here's more on the Lightning Network and its vulnerability to attack from untrusted channels:

https://antoine-riard.medium.com/why...g-ee3692de1a55

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-lig...-exploited-yet

https://np.reddit.com/r/Buttcoin/com...is_it/dvm0haj/

That is quite incredibly bad. I bet SWIFT is having a chuckle over this. Systems built on trust are incredibly efficient. Byzantium systems built on distrust are like this.

Name:  nmhdr1N.png
Views: 322
Size:  120.3 KB
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

It turns out that El Salvador has the highest murder rate per capita in the world. I'm not sure if this is #racist so I apologize in case anyone is offended.

"Violent, well-armed street gangs — MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha) and 18th Street (Barrio 18) being the largest — are dispersed throughout El Salvador. They concentrate on street-level drug sales, extortion, arms trafficking, murder for hire, carjacking, stealing smartphones where Bitcoin app keys are stored, and aggravated street crime."

"The U.S. Department of State has assessed San Salvador as being a CRITICAL-threat location for crime directed at or affecting official U.S. government interests."

The reports on crime say that ... https://www.osac.gov/Country/ElSalva...a-1855725d032e

Good thing they have Bitcoin to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    It turns out that El Salvador has the highest murder rate per capita in the world. I'm not sure if this is #racist so I apologize in case anyone is offended.

"Violent, well-armed street gangs — MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha) and 18th Street (Barrio 18) being the largest — are dispersed throughout El Salvador. They concentrate on street-level drug sales, extortion, arms trafficking, murder for hire, carjacking, stealing smartphones where Bitcoin app keys are stored, and aggravated street crime."

"The U.S. Department of State has assessed San Salvador as being a CRITICAL-threat location for crime directed at or affecting official U.S. government interests."

The reports on crime say that ... https://www.osac.gov/Country/ElSalva...a-1855725d032e

Good thing they have Bitcoin to save them.
    You are a blatant racist....how dare you post facts?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

what if he's right. think about that. saylor is fvking legit in by book. dude is throwing down.

splat fund. btc is legit. sending.

it's not about money.

Back to what came up earlier:

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

good stuff. ^^

ppl say crypto is a scam etc, look at algo. dude has a turing award.

The best minds of a generation are working on developing sustainable ponzis

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post

what if he's right. think about that. saylor is fvking legit in by book. dude is throwing down.
    What if he’s right about what? I don’t have an hour and a half to watch a video unless there are explosions, sex, and maybe a few jokes.

What does “crypto being legit” have to do with hodling? Why do I have to “believe” in it? Why would you care?

Either it’s a viable currency or it isn’t. If it becomes a part of the real economy I’ll use it, until then BTC is a horrendous waste of resources whose dubious saving grace seems to be that it enables illegal and undesirable economic activity. Plus those at the top of the scheme get lambos.

As an investment vehicle it seems to have an over/complete reliance on the greater fool theory.

I don’t understand the proselytizing.
    focus.

^ fair enough. that's like your opinion man. i only allocate 5% overall to new speculative asset classes. but it's done well, and if you look at the fundamentals(which i why i posted a two hour video, that you don't have time to watch)

i'm buying physical gold, sliver, platinum and palladium, as well as xrp, xlm, algo, doge, btc etc.

if gold has been the gold standard for SIX FUCKING THOUSAND YEARS, and a new layer one asset is developing. there is bound to be some, as you say, proselytizing.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The best minds of a generation are working on developing sustainable ponzis
    musk had an interesting thought, something about too many smart ppl going into finance and law, not enough into engineering and trades. whatever pill you swallow, at least be objective and self critical enough to know you are swallowing it.

Who needs to swallow a pill when crypto bros just say the quiet parts out loud?

Name:  Pomp.gif
Views: 227
Size:  37.4 KB

pretty much. i posted last fall about taking your play money and investing for the long term. lets check in 10 yrs from now. i'll still be around.

give a fuck what you do w your life. your tiny nothing life, just like my tiny nothing life. if i hear of a good idea least i can do is pass it along..

Got my first sell in 18 days, at 38785. Very curious if we'll break through 40k...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

what if he's right.
    Name:  h2f4zt0dzv471.png
Views: 170
Size:  329.7 KB

musk had an interesting thought, something about too many smart ppl going into finance and law, not enough into engineering and trades. whatever pill you swallow, at least be objective and self critical enough to know you are swallowing it.
    People have been pointing that out since the early 90’s… not really an original concept or thought.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    People have been pointing that out since the early 90’s… not really an original concept or thought.
    You can swallow pills or actually make the drugs. You do you.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

^^ talking about the first part, not the second. Too many people in finance.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 06-14-2021 at 02:05 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

You know, that's all kinda absurd. If it wasn't for "finance", Musk wouldn't be a billionaire blowhard on twitter and Tesla might not even exist.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Well we breached 40k finally. I'm selling, but trying to go slowly.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Laddering out of btc blows my mind.

Would it be considered ironic that these scammed customers have no legal recourse against Binance due to its 'decentralized' business structure?