Page 183 of 231 FirstFirst ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 5756
    This guy is a real wet blanket!

Great read. Focus on the signal and don't get distracted by the noise. Plus I know you all love Arthur Hayes.

https://cryptohayes.medium.com/farb-...o-de6f5bb7a099

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    False equivalence.

How many different iterations of Crypto are out there now.

At least in the stock market there is some level of history and a modicum of transparency. Does the stock market get manipulated? Yes, but not nearly at the levels of Cryptos. And as bad as they are, publicly traded companies quite often do produce tangible and real products that actually provide a value and people wish to buy.
    Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger call BTC rat poison squared and against the interest of human civilization while they shill Coca-Cola to a nation with an obesity epidemic.

Jeff Bezos is okay with his drivers shitting in bags to keep profits up.

Rayhtheon and GE profit off of making weapons that turn brown people into pink mist.

Is this the kind of value we should be looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger call BTC rat poison squared and against the interest of human civilization while they shill Coca-Cola to a nation with an obesity epidemic.

Rayhtheon and GE profit off of making weapons that turn brown people into pink mist.

I donít see how digital assets reconcile any of that.

So, you're implying that creating a secret, opaque means for the elites and financial criminals to protect their wealth will somehow cure inequality and the old as human history problem of warfare? Putin smiles.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Two weeks ago Elon woulda been included in that post as a genius electric car maker/space exploration pioneer.

But a couple troll tweets later his statues have been removed from the altar.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I donít see how digital assets reconcile any of that.
    Bitcoin is an attempt at a decentralized open source financial network. It's a peaceful alternative to a bloodthirsty corrupt oligarchy that only survives by giving more free money to its most well off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, you're implying that creating a secret, opaque means for the elites and financial criminals to protect their wealth will somehow cure inequality and the old as human history problem of warfare? Putin smiles.
    I don't know how you can say "secret" and "opaque" when literally anyone can look at BTC's code and the whole idea is for as many people as possible to run full nodes that monitor the network. Plus the entire transaction history is searchable. When's the last time we got an inside look at the Fed or Pentagon budgets?

BTC is a check against dictator power. You need to do some more honest research if you think BTC is a tool of oppression.

Bitcoin is an attempt at a decentralized open source financial network. It's a peaceful alternative to a bloodthirsty corrupt oligarchy that only survives by giving more free money to its most well off.

BTC may have started altruistically but now itís a speculative vehicle with lots of folks that want to be the new oligarchs.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Two weeks ago Elon woulda been included in that post as a genius electric car maker/space exploration pioneer.

But a couple troll tweets later his statues have been removed from the altar.
    Yeah, but he probably made some money out of the pumps and dumps.

Bitcoiners are nearly perfect economically rational actors. It's about stacking sats, not altruism.

BTC may have started altruistically but now itís a speculative vehicle with lots of folks that want to be the new oligarchs.
    Welcome to Homo Sapiens. With BTC at least every person has the option to access the network. A poor person in Venezuela or Somalia can make uncensorable transactions with the same currency.

I mean, I kinda get this. I'm talking to a generation that got fucked at an early age by '08 and saw zero justice result from that historical event. But, this is hardly the solution.

Welcome to Homo Sapiens. With BTC at least every person has the option to access the network. A poor person in Venezuela or Somalia can make uncensorable transactions with the same currency.

Currency trading has been 24 hour global for decades with a telephone.

Bitcoin is for everyone as long as they can afford the $60 transaction fees

GBTC chart gives a clearer picture of thin trade in BTC. Itís a heavily traded security yet is full of gaps.

What kind of derivative trade is available this weekend? Where can you hedge or trade with leverage?

What is the generally accepted closing time for BTC to roll a new day? For currency we always used midnight gmt

What is the generally accepted closing time for BTC to roll a new day? For currency we always used midnight gmt
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    What if all I have is this?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    This is why I continue to point out that you argue in bad faith with incorrect information. BTC transactions are running around 11 dollars today, or almost free on the the second layer lightning network.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/bitco...e%20year%20ago.

I sent a bank wire a few days ago that took almost 24 hours and got charged $30 in total by both the sending and receiving institutions.

How much does Western Union charge immigrants sending remittances home to their poor families?

Ha, that reminds me. They found 2 billion dollars in the home of a Nigerian who recently died last week. Nobody answered his e-mails for years as he tried to give it away.

Your joke is pretty tone deaf. Many millions of Americans are struggling to make ends meet right now while their meager cash savings evaporate from inflation. Meanwhile, the wealthy continue to get richer everytime Jerome hits CTRL + P.

Your joke is pretty tone deaf. Many millions of Americans are struggling to make ends meet right now while their meager cash savings evaporate from inflation. Meanwhile, the wealthy continue to get richer everytime Jerome hits CTRL + P.

You should try more fiber in your diet.

Hardly anybody has any savings (and chasing funny money schemes doesn't help), and there really isn't any inflation to speak of.

You have a point (if it makes you feel better). But you aren't addressing the problems people have with Bitcoin or the [ponzi,hyip,scammery,BS,lying] scheme that it IS and/or is part of. But yes, there are lots of hypocrisies in life.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er