Page 181 of 645 FirstFirst ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 16103
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Time can also resolve the current technical peril.
    You suppose ETH 2.0 will iron out the messy software or is Cardano gonna slide in for the win? Wouldn’t ETH be the equivalent of Netscape at this point? And how does competition in that space affect BTC?

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    You suppose ETH 2.0 will iron out the messy software or is Cardano gonna slide in for the win? Wouldn’t ETH be the equivalent of Netscape at this point? And how does competition in that space affect BTC?
    That’s all noise that TA is supposed to conflate

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    If it was a good investment today, it will be a good investment tomorrow. .
    Tell that to the goldbugs.

i work w a 29 yr old guy who took 100k and turned it into 900k. he's single, renting, and has not taken any profits.

i told him i would have taken 300/400 and bought an income property/land/ something..

he's down 350k since the pullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl View Post
    The other day stumbled upon a tweet by a crypto analyst that said that we are currently in the "Bull Trap" phase, and will likely see some sideways/green price action as people buy the dip. Once enough buyers are suckered in again, we will continue crashing. The targets are under $7K by 2022.
    well max keiser says ath by june 4th for btc, and 220k by yrs end. we will know for certain around christmas this year my in depth forecasting says

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    well max keiser says ath by june 4th for btc, and 220k by yrs end. we will know for certain around christmas this year my in depth forecasting says
    Name:  wUewXSU.png
Views: 227
Size:  165.8 KB

This Max Keiser? Probably a reliable sell signal considering he's with the laser eyeballs crew. Even his his wife looks like she's waiting patiently for the dip. Or maybe she just took one of those cheetos he's holding.

Ironically, crypto has often bucked the Christmas dip. In 2017-2018, all the moons went full on in early January. Probably because all the crypto degens had nothing to do over Xmas and pumped the price so much. In any case, how bad can a Crypto Winter be, eh? The price always goes up.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

There's definitely potential to lose $$ in Bitcoin. Not to pollute this high quality thread with youtube faux-analysis, but I thought this commentator made a good point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg

^ Heh, since 2017 the S&P 500 has has returned +16% per year while bitcoin has returned 35% per year with about 4 times the volatility. If an investor wanted to achieve similarly excess returns with the S&P 500 as bitcoin with the same volatility they could have made a lot more money leveraging future contracts or margins: 4 x 16% = 64% per year.

That much leverage is maybe a bad idea (an individual decision) but an apples-to-apples comparison does show what kind of game people are participating in, whether they know it or not, with crypto.

The problem with crypto is that the hodl mantra combined with so much outright scammery (and fraud and exchange shenanigans) creates a momentary illusion of wealth for most participants. One they never succeed in making into real money.

However, for those that cash out some and reinvest wisely (whatever that means?), this is basically printing lottery winnings. I don't have a problem with the 'get rich quick' aspect of it so much as the constant pretending that all is well (la la la plug fingers in ears).

People are printing money in crypto, both literally and figuratively. If someone is careful (don't send your ID to scam exchanges), and actually realizes gains (sure, hodl but don't take that to the extreme!), and actually buys stuff that isn't hyped in the Telegram groups (or from known scammers or bad rep people), and invests in what they understand (some overly complex system isn't your friend unless you understand it), ... then I don't see why they can't print themselves some cold hard cash that is way way better than the gains in the regular market. That assumes the market itself doesn't collapse (a la Tether) and they don't get rug pulled.

And yes, if you had bought any number of fast growing stocks you might have the same winnings. Might. The gains in crypto can be ridonkulous. The regular markets will always be there. The money printing in crypto might stop if the music stops. Unless you trade in an echo chamber and then you will probably still be trading even after the music stopped.

What stock is named after a furry cute dog and returns 10,000% in 3 months? What market produces a predictable asset bubble pattern every 3 or 4 years? What market is buoyed by companies desperate to pay off ransomware? What market eliminates overly ambitions leveraged traders with massive wash trading, leaving the humble hodler with even more gains? As long as the music keeps playing ...
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

One of the best drivers for Indy 500

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0042.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	375878

Is that really true? All I know is that Jack Maller is involved so I like it!

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

History rhymes.

https://themotorhood.com/themotorhoo...won-at-le-mans

Not sure if I should express gratitude or not, you have most certainly sucked me into the Indy 500 vortex now. I've actually read (scanned) the line-up and the car is so beautiful. So beautiful that it must be fast enough to win, especially with one of the best drivers? Do I dare to care?

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Hate to go there because Indy 500 has such a rich history but that car proves Bitcoin has become crypto for boomers. Jack Maller must've concluded boomers have all the fiat.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Not sure if I should express gratitude or not, you have most certainly sucked me into the Indy 500 vortex now. I've actually read (scanned) the line-up and the car is so beautiful. So beautiful that it must be fast enough to win, especially with one of the best drivers? Do I dare to care?
    Bitcoin crash has new meaning. It’s going to be a great race. Fastest field in history and Carb day speeds were crazy fast.

Rinus Veekay won the Indy GP. He’s fast but the Chev’s were down on speed to the Honda’s all month

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Hate to go there because Indy 500 has such a rich history but that car proves Bitcoin has become crypto for boomers. Jack Maller must've concluded boomers have all the fiat.
    True, but the race has transitioned back to a required party event in recent years despite stricter policies. Nothing like the good ole days.

That is a beautiful machine. I lived in Indy before I discovered skiing and moved to Utah. Friends who still live there tell me the 500 is a shadow of its former self when it comes to the party. I went to maybe 5-6 events (last was about 1982) and never really saw any of the race, saw a lot of boobies though, redneck Mardi Gras.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

True, but the race has transitioned back to a required party event in recent years despite stricter policies. Nothing like the good ole days.

Why was Tom Clancy/Iceman @ 0.35-0.40s talking about divends?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Curious, what exchange are people using?

A very little coin base pro, some binance.Us, kucoin, and then you have the amm exchanges.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I really really doubt hardly any Boomer is fucking around with Bitcoin. You know, civilians. Sure, plenty of Boomers selling it, I suppose, but, that near death? Nuh uh.

Doge is better than Bitcoin. And Nascar is way better than Indy. Just sayin.

Name:  DogeCoin-Car.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  124.2 KB