Page 170 of 650 FirstFirst ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 16239
    Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    But I hope we can find some common ground, I am sick to death of the polarization in our culture.

Be the change you want to see and all that.
    Productive disagreements lead to better outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity;6319466Y
    You never asked why my initial posts when this thread started disappeared.
    Did this happen to you too? As in posts disappeared without you yourself deleting them? I've had multiple posts involving an economic discussion about hard money, the Fed, secular stagnation, the housing bubble, how real incomes grow, etc., just disappear...

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Productive disagreements lead to better outcomes.

Did this happen to you too? As in posts disappeared without you deleting them? Multiple posts involving an economic discussion about hard money, the Fed, secular stagnation, the housing bubble, how real incomes grow, etc., just disappeared.
    Oh, I don't know what disappeared on its own now. But I DID disappear a few myself. Other people's did disappear too. Not because I wanted to fool anyone. I just got all barfy thinking of crypto and didn't want to be associated with the space. I said it was going to zero ONCE. But hey, all stocks start at 0 and end at 0. There is a day when you lose selling. There will be a day when you lose by not selling. Like I said, Stale quoted 90% of what I wrote in the 2018 year and around there. It really is all preserved here if anyone wants to look. (Not like I've changed my position since Jan 2018 one bit).
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Nah Bro.

I'm just regurgitating my crypto journal notes for you. You and Stale never bother to ask. In 4 years on TGR in this thread you and every other 'investor' here never bothered to ask any vital questions about my involvement with crypto. You never asked why my initial posts when this thread started disappeared. You never asked about my work, education, experience as a dev, investment history or any other information that would have given you insight into where I am coming from.

I should have expected that from people that DYOR about 'crypto' as if they have the chops to understand the world where SCIENCE and GAMING ENTREPRENEURSHIP meet.

Welcome to Calvin Ayres world. To a world dominated by big as all fuck gaming magnates that are extracting every last cent from the working man with a smile while they dance on their Cayman island paradise getting blow jobs from fresh skin every fucking night.

If you had just asked politely, nicely, even simply JUST ASKED, I would have been glad to share what I did a few pages back. I used to be DEEP in crypto.

edit: I do care. I have a heart. But I also know too well that only 2% of people here will cash out, the other 98% fail. And you will never here all about that because people don't share the losses like they share the fact that someone just financed their LAMBO in game of Beanie Baby Musical Chairs.

I LOVE YOU ALL Especially shera!
    Well, thanks mang. You certainly have my attention after describing your background. I intend to continue the dialog as best I can.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

[QUOTE=MultiVerse;6319467]Productive disagreements lead to better outcomes.

Yeah, let's do that and stop with the other BS.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Is there a particular example of the other BS? There are of course lots of candidates, but it seems the most glaring are the misinformation missives, all just variations of the broken window fallacy, that get posted with regularity about the virtues of bitcoin mining pollution.

Is Tether a scam to juice the BTC price? I don’t know much about that whole deal.

Well as an atheist I find the word "religious" to be particularly offensive. I have a science degree and I do try to be rational.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Is Tether a scam to juice the BTC price? I don’t know much about that whole deal.
    Is there an information backchannel between exchanges? Do exchanges get rewarded for sharing vital info with other affiliate exchanges? I'm curious about that too.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

I'm not going to engage you on the bitcoin mining pollution because around here no one seems to understand that electric cars and bitcoin miners are plugged into the exact same outlet.
    Henry David Thoreau

Electric cars are a big reason why bitcoin mining is unnecessary when it comes to driving future energy demand. In other words, there are already plenty of things driving both peak and off-peak demand for renewable energy.

My family is from former east Germany with their five year plans and social controls, so you can f right off on telling me the proper uses of electricity, according to you. I have a right to power and enterprise that I intend to defend.
    Henry David Thoreau

My family is from former east Germany with their five year plans and social controls, so you can f right off on telling me the proper uses of electricity, according to you. I have a right to power and enterprise that I intend to defend.
    So it has nothing to do with carbon emissions. That’s fine but don’t sell your personal freedom as something else.

So, this must be one of those times we’re supposed to be patient and remain optimistic???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

"NVIDIA announced today that it's halving the hash rate for Etehereum cryptocurrency mining on the new GeForce RTX 3080, 3070, and 3060 Ti graphics cards to make them less desirable for miners.

The company will add "Lite Hash Rate" or "LHR" identifiers to retail product listings and boxes for all these new nerfed graphics cards that will start shipping later this month."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    So, this must be one of those times we’re supposed to be patient and remain optimistic???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    BTC is an intangible asset by IRS definition. Like a piece of artwork. All you have is patience and optimism which is a basic tenet of capitalism.

So it has nothing to do with carbon emissions. That’s fine but don’t sell your personal freedom as something else.
    Electric cars are a carbon problem currently.

See how you went from using electricity to carbon emissions? Can you even see that? I think I stated my favored path earlier, but I'll say it one more time and that's it: Shut down coal plants now, fund expansion of renewables and address oil and gas with some sensitivity and an eye to transitioning out over time.

I'm not going to respond to you again.

edit sorry, not going to respond to the topic again
    Henry David Thoreau

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

See how you went from using electricity to carbon emissions? Can you even see that? I think I stated my favored path earlier, but I'll say it one more time and that's it: Shut down coal plants now, fund expansion of renewables and address oil and gas with some sensitivity and an eye to transitioning out over time.

There is utility to a car. BTC has limited utility other than a trading vehicle. Perhaps in the future but for now it’s just speculation. That’s fine. Stocks like QS and SPCE are speculation and may never be anything other than ticker symbols.

You don’t have a response to whether Tether is a scam? I thought you were an expert?

edit sorry, not going to respond to the topic again
    I get where you are coming from on that.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    The fact that PoS coins are bullish despite the crash in bitcoin shows something about investor sentiment surrounding the whole energy consumption ordeal. People are free to buy what they want and I wouldn't be surprised to see bitcoin make a comeback. But it also shows voting with your wallet is a real solution. People are starting to take the hint so a HODLER has to a least think about the long term trend.

I get where you are coming from on that.
    I think we all do. Maybe a bit disingenuous though to both argue we should shut down coal plants now while also arguing folks have a right to power an enterprise however they want?

The fact that PoS coins are bullish despite the crash in bitcoin shows something about investor sentiment surrounding the whole energy consumption ordeal.
    Let's be historical (hysterical?) though about it. In these swings, alts often pump while BTC drains. Then people switch to BTC when alts do big ratio gains to BTC and hit new ATH. Then they swamp into BTC. Then the Bogdanoffs call the Rothschilds and dump BTC some more. Alt lover panic sell. Then them pump BTC and drop alts. Then the alt lovers finance their accounts and buy more alts because alts are so cheap. Then alts get cheaper. Then they get even cheaper. Then they panic sell. Then they pump the whole shemozzle. Then the alt lovers revenge trade against the machine. In 4 weeks, everyone and everything has been washed a few times back and forth, a new hope arises. People quit trading and watch Star Wars reruns. Elon tweets. Paris Hilton removes her laser eyes. The forest is calm. Summer is here. Enjoy it.

I enjoyed the Star Wars reference but isn't your argument similar to second half of mine, the part you snipped? In other words, we should expect a bitcoin rebound (at the expense of alternatives) but investors (speculators if you prefer) are also becoming increasingly aware of the issue.

FWIW, I think you're right about market shenanigans. I also think you're wrong that all of crypto is scam. A new generation of entrepreneurs are working very hard at solving real problems.

I enjoyed the Star Wars reference but isn't your argument similar to second half of mine, the part you snipped? In other words, we should expect a bitcoin rebound (at the expense of alternatives) but investors (speculators if you prefer) are also becoming increasingly aware of the issue.
    For sure. It won't go up, down, or sideways in a straight line. It probably will hit $50K again in 1 week. And from there I drop darts on the chart to make accurate price predictions. Summer is coming. Historically the space takes a 30% ish decline after all the May crypto conferences end. Then another small pump/dump in July sometimes. Then back with new hope in Sept/Oct. If the past repeats. Which it sometimes does and sometimes doesn't. I think people are exhausted now. Crypto is about to overplay the hand. Go away in May and come back in September. End of May, middle of June was a low last big cycle (2017). We are def in a similar looking cycle by charting. But they didn't need Laser Eyes last time. I think the beta factor on this time is bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Nah Bro.

I'm just regurgitating my crypto journal notes for you. You and Stale never bother to ask. In 4 years on TGR in this thread you and every other 'investor' here never bothered to ask any vital questions about my involvement with crypto. You never asked why my initial posts when this thread started disappeared. You never asked about my work, education, experience as a dev, investment history or any other information that would have given you insight into where I am coming from.

I should have expected that from people that DYOR about 'crypto' as if they have the chops to understand the world where SCIENCE and GAMING ENTREPRENEURSHIP meet.

Welcome to Calvin Ayres world. To a world dominated by big as all fuck gaming magnates that are extracting every last cent from the working man with a smile while they dance on their Cayman island paradise getting blow jobs from fresh skin every fucking night.

If you had just asked politely, nicely, even simply JUST ASKED, I would have been glad to share what I did a few pages back. I used to be DEEP in crypto.

edit: I do care. I have a heart. But I also know too well that only 2% of people here will cash out, the other 98% fail. And you will never hear all about that because people don't share the losses like they share the fact that someone just financed their LAMBO in the game of Digital Beanie Baby Musical Chairs.

I LOVE YOU ALL Especially shera!
    I really don't believe any of your bullshit anymore. To me you have and always will be a troll.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    I really don't believe any of your bullshit anymore. To me you have and always will be a troll.
    Not true. I am sincere. We probably won't ever have a good discussion though. I'll remind myself to not reply to you. Let me know if you would like to have a real-and-engaging discussion about Bitcoin and crypto if you ever change your mind.

Serious question

can I go back in time?
    Hello darkness my old friend