Page 127 of 641 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 16008
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Is Elon the only sane person stonking BTC or are there other futurists shilling it?
    https://www.coindesk.com/visa-anchor...ilot-for-banks

Visa is piloting a suite of application programming interfaces (APIs) that will allow banks to offer bitcoin services, the payments giant announced Wednesday.

The Visa Crypto APIs pilot program will let clients “easily connect into the infrastructure provided by Visa’s partner, Anchorage, a federally chartered digital asset bank, to allow their customers to buy and sell digital assets such as bitcoin as an investment within their existing consumer experiences,” Visa said in a press statement.

Visa envisions a product set that extends to other cryptocurrencies and stablecoins as well as other crypto services such as trading, Visa crypto lead Cuy Sheffield told CoinDesk in an interview. Digital bank First Boulevard is the first bank involved in the pilot; Visa has issued a wait list for other banks.

Previously, Visa had been focused on helping crypto companies issue bank cards and has partnered with 35 crypto firms to date, but this is the first time the company has offered crypto services to banks...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That's a lie. This shit is going to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    That's a lie. This shit is going to zero.
    It will. Extend the timeframe enough.

Edit: ...at least until the proton decay will settle in. Before that it probably will be a total rollercoaster, with few ups and downs.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    https://www.coindesk.com/visa-anchor...ilot-for-banks

Visa is piloting a suite of application programming interfaces (APIs) that will allow banks to offer bitcoin services, the payments giant announced Wednesday.

The Visa Crypto APIs pilot program will let clients “easily connect into the infrastructure provided by Visa’s partner, Anchorage, a federally chartered digital asset bank, to allow their customers to buy and sell digital assets such as bitcoin as an investment within their existing consumer experiences,” Visa said in a press statement.

Visa envisions a product set that extends to other cryptocurrencies and stablecoins as well as other crypto services such as trading, Visa crypto lead Cuy Sheffield told CoinDesk in an interview. Digital bank First Boulevard is the first bank involved in the pilot; Visa has issued a wait list for other banks.

Previously, Visa had been focused on helping crypto companies issue bank cards and has partnered with 35 crypto firms to date, but this is the first time the company has offered crypto services to banks...

Why did it take so long for them to think of this?
    Last edited by puregravity; 02-03-2021 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Removed TPS and regulation backdrop.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Why did it take so long for them to think of this?
    I know you're from Canada, eh, but the Tetons are in Wyoming. Wyoming's new senator is a Bitcoiner. And she's on the senate banking committee now. That should help things like this pick up speed.

https://twitter.com/SenLummis/status...35593000611840

https://twitter.com/SenLummis/status...14506021007360

This interview today from Microstrategy's Bitcoin for Corporations conference has one the strongest BTC bull cases I've ever heard. It's amazing and a true must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2I0FB2Wn50

This interview today from Microstrategy's Bitcoin for Corporations conference has one the strongest BTC bull cases I've ever heard. It's amazing and a true must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2I0FB2Wn50
    The number of institutions on this is remarkable. I added RIOT this week

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    The number of institutions on this is remarkable. I added RIOT this week
    Did you watch Ross speak? FKNA

THE RISE AND FALL OF BITCOIN BILLIONAIRE ARTHUR HAYES
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...e-arthur-hayes

Who is Arthur Hayes and why is this important?
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

THE RISE AND FALL OF BITCOIN BILLIONAIRE ARTHUR HAYES
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...e-arthur-hayes

Who is Arthur Hayes and why is this important?
    I read that before you posted. It was really fascinating. Its narrative is definitely very relevant with the timing of the GME/WSB/Robinhood drama. Probably you're insinuating that BTC is just a scam by asking why the story of BitMEX is important, but if the recent happenings on Wall Street have done anything, it's show everyone that traditional financial markets are rigged against the little guys to an astounding degree. Did Arthur and company do some unethical things, like trade against their own customers? Probably. Does that make BTC a scam? No. Funny that you would post it though, since it highlights how much criminality the "good" banks are up to on a regular basis, yet people like Jamie Dimon, never have do more than pay a fine; they don't even have to admit wrong doing. But the fact of the matter is, blockchain has its flaws, however a publicly accessible ledger is highly preferable to the systems of the past. The markets are rapidly shifting to transparent DeFi where everything will be visible and nearly instantaneous. But old money is going to put up a fight. They don't want to lose their unfair advantage. Robinhood selling order data to hedge funds so they could front run the WSB millennials is almost they exact same thing Arthur and his pals may have done. Interestingly, some people feel the authorities should go after the WSB kiddies, but I know whose side I'm on.

I will never forget watching the BitMEX troll box during the black Thursday crash last year. It was the only time when I've ever thought BTC could've actually gone to zero. In hindsight it was the buying opportunity of a lifetime. It's one thing to say buy when there's blood in the streets. It's entirely different to actually have the balls to do it.

If I ask the people that are suing BitMEX for predatory trading practices, what would they say about this? Would they #whatabout other crimes and other systems?
    What are the odds he will help McAfee eat his dick in jail? Do you think might actually be good for bitcoin?

This is pretty funny.

^Is it this year that bitcoin is going to zero?

What is a good wallet to use these days? Last time I recall using one, it had to spend hours downloading a few gigs of the blockchain. Anything that goes faster?

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    What is a good wallet to use these days? Last time I recall using one, it had to spend hours downloading a few gigs of the blockchain. Anything that goes faster?
    I haven't used it but bread wallet is supposed to be good for mobile. BlockFi is really nice for automatic compounding interest and has desktop and mobile. Trezor and Ledger hardware wallets if you want to be your own bank and have higher level of security.

7 years ago today.
    Penis.

Name:  wqxSleY.png
Views: 602
Size:  454.0 KB

7 years ago today.
    Penis.

Name:  wqxSleY.png
Views: 602
Size:  454.0 KB
    People that bought that dip doing pretty good rn.

People that bought that dip doing pretty good rn.
    Another dip I couldn’t buy because coinbase won’t work.

This is funny, the average Ethereum transaction fee is more than $20. I guess people won't be using it to buy coffee.

Enterprise blockchain’s not dead. It just needs more shilling.

At least Canadian Underwriter seems to see the pros and cons objectively.

Why blockchain is not ubiquitous yet in insurance

This isn't a new tech - blockchain has been around since 1991.

http://doyouneedablockchain.com/

^You crack me up. For someone that's so against bitcoin, why do you comment on it so much?

^You crack me up. For someone that's so against bitcoin, why do you comment on it so much?
    I'm trying to cope with the fact that I missed the boat and that while you are all getting rich I'm staying poor!

I'm not getting rich but I know a few who got in earlier than I did who have. I just think the boat is just about leaving port and it's not even close to what the future is going to be.

I'm not getting rich but I know a few who got in earlier than I did who have. I just think the boat is just about leaving port and it's not even close to what the future is going to be.
    When do you think the outcome of the NYAG and Tether proceedings will conclude? And what do you think will be the outcome?

One last question, is there a singular event that would convince you that Bitcoin is worthless and doomed?

When do you think the outcome of the NYAG and Tether proceedings will conclude? And what do you think will be the outcome?

One last question, is there a singular event that would convince you that Bitcoin is worthless and doomed?
    The more you post, the more you lose.

Ah ya got me. Actually thought you were being serious and not trolling. My bad won't happen again. I know, it's all going to zero.