Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    Even if I had the money, I couldn't go. I don't get vacation time until next year.
    You just need a convenient "death in the family".
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

Quote Originally Posted by Owens Never Sleeps
    You just need a convenient "death in the family".
    Yeah, cuz that's not a great way to jinx yourself or anything!

This is my favorite TR ever, Arty. Nice work.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Yeah - I guess you probably wouldn't want the karmic snap back from that one, would you?
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    Every little bit helps.

Did I also mention that my house just burnt down, my dog died, someone stole my identity and emptied my bank account, and I got a paper cut today?
    then there's all that money on shoes..

I was just searching for stuff on the Str8tline camps and came across this thread. Those pics are just awesome. Especially as I sit through another day at the office with temps soaring over 100 today. Arty, great TR. Did the funding drive falll short this year for a repeat, or did I just miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirquerider
    I was just searching for stuff on the Str8tline camps and came across this thread. Those pics are just awesome. Especially as I sit through another day at the office with temps soaring over 100 today. Arty, great TR. Did the funding drive falll short this year for a repeat, or did I just miss it?
    All the money in the world wouldn't have saved me since I didn't have any vacation days this winter. Ok, well all the money in the world would have saved me since I wouldn't have to work. But I think you get the point.

Damn...dreaming of AK again...
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Thumbs up

This is one TR that deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Absoluting amazing.

its almost like being there and doing it...almost. Great write up man, lucky lucky lucky

Nice work,man. I've been on this site forever and finally just clicked on "the hall of fame" forums link. Nice TR. I rode with sarge a few weeks ago when i was in AK. I'll never forget that shit,my friend.

Here's the link to some of my pictures from my trip with CPG's and Sarge,just in case ya wanted to see some mo. Sorry,dont mean to hijack.

http://stuartperillo.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    You’ve seen all the movies, stared at pictures of unimaginably long and steep lines, and dreampt of one day getting in a chopper and visiting this magical place for yourself. But until you get there, these are just dreams…visions limited to the flatness of a theater screen or the tiny confines of a television set.

The reality is much larger. Much more awe inspiring.

You try to tell yourself that you live higher than the peak you’re currently standing on…but it doesn’t matter. You’ve just unloaded onto a ridge barely large enough for you, much less your group. The pucker factor is high. If you take a wrong step and slip off the back, there’s a good chance you’ll die.

Your desired line in front of you is 2,000 to 4,000 vertical of steep, wild terrain with glacial runouts going for miles. Then you see it…your line. Focus sets in…a huge smile creeps over your face…you drop in…

Welcome to Alaska.
    stokebump
    . . .