Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Pho appreciation thread

There could already be a thread but due to the shitty search function I have no idea.

I am obsessed with Pho. Found a place a few weeks ago just down the street from my house that is bomb. I have had way too much Pho Ga lately. Just finishing off a bowl right now. Holy shit I love this stuff. I work near Chinatown and love it but this is pretty close to that quality outside the city.

From a couple weeks ago:
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

So what's the hot shit for Pho in the city these days? I had pho pasteur and was not impressed.

Pho Pasteur is decent. It's great because it fits tons of people and the service is fast. The service also sucks. My opinion for best Pho in the city is Xinh Xinh but I certainly haven't tried everything. The place I am talking about I just found Pho Minh Ky in Lynn is probably on par with Pho Pasteur. Decent in the city, but awesome outside the limits. But taste is subjective.

+1 on lovin Pho. I stop off in Essex Junction on the wat to VT nd usually pick up a few orders of it. I made it at home about 5 years ago, a big batch, which is a lengthy process to get the broth right. I like it for any meal of the day, so much flavor and textures.
    Silent....but shredly.

Definitely one thing missing here in the Hole that would CRUSH, I would think.
    Mmmm.....I'm hungry!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Definitely one thing missing here in the Hole that would CRUSH, I would think.
    Mmmm.....I'm hungry!
    Tried Ignight's yet?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    +1 on lovin Pho. I stop off in Essex Junction on the wat to VT nd usually pick up a few orders of it. I made it at home about 5 years ago, a big batch, which is a lengthy process to get the broth right. I like it for any meal of the day, so much flavor and textures.
    My buddy just mentioned he made it for his first time and it looked delicious from the pics. I personally have never attempted it. I doubt my freshman effort would hold a candle to traditionally prepared pho. I should try it though, even though I'm not an amazing cook.

Anyone got a good recipe? I'm more of a chicken man than beef, but I'm willing to try it.

I know how you're supposed to say it, but it still pisses me off.
    Fuh
    Poe
    Foe

Change the name to Vietnamese Clear Noodle Soup

^haha, I asked some co-workers last week if they wanted to get some FUH. They looked at me like I had two heads. Then I said, "Oh, I meant FOGH" and was then asked why I said it wrong the first time. I just shook my head and we went to pho pasteur.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Tried Ignight's yet?
    No!
    Is it more than $20.00. ;-)
    (I actually have never eaten there....good?)

Luv me sum Pho
    watch out for snakes

This place is right up the road: http://www.yelp.com/biz/pho-city-gaithersburg

pretty good for the burbs

There we go! Let's turn this into a "wherever you are, here is where to get good pho" thread!!!

What's the point? We'll never be able to find it again with the search function the way it is.

No matter where you pho, there you are.

Seems like there's a Pho place on every corner in los Anchorage. Pho Vietnam, Pho Lena, and Pho King are my Anchorage recommendations.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What's the point? We'll never be able to find it again with the search function the way it is.
    I'll work on that...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Phock all you guys.

Would it be cheating if I cooked up some ramen, didn't drain the water, added the "beef flavor" packet, some Sriracha, and ground beef?

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    ^haha, I asked some co-workers last week if they wanted to get some FUH. They looked at me like I had two heads. Then I said, "Oh, I meant FOGH" and was then asked why I said it wrong the first time. I just shook my head and we went to pho pasteur.
    http://www.frequency.com/video/kyle-...8842/-/5-64548

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    I'll work on that...
    if you could search for 3-letter words that would help

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    Would it be cheating if I cooked up some ramen, didn't drain the water, added the "beef flavor" packet, some Sriracha, and ground beef?
    It'd be ramen. Good quality ramen is tasty too. But not the same. But if we're doing asian broth things, this shits the tits:
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...36060310803262

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    We can search "appreciation" in the title. Sure it won't help assbags in the future that didn't know this thread exists, but at least we will know. And remember, we're the cool kids.

Phock all you guys.

It wouldn't be cheating...but it would be bad

Phock all you guys.

How about I shit in a bowl and call it chocolate pudding? Don't worry, it isn't the instant stuff, this is the real stuff with the skin on it.

Now fuck the fuck off out my thread, you're not welcome here.