Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Those old threads bring back memories. Man these skis are fun as hell in deep snow, but with all the advances in skiing technology, I really don't see a point in skiing Powderboards at the resort (especially in Colorado).

Powderboards = the ultimate cat skiing and pond skimming weapon!

If I were to purchase again though, I would go 195 (5'-10", 180lbs). Don't be afraid to go long
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Yes, they're short - and they ski short - but I reckon you'll be fine.

I'm 6'1 and 170 pounds and took a punt on a pair of 180s. Would easily have gotten the 190s if available on sale, but I've been very happy with the 180s (read more on the length issue in my initial post).

100.7 with Dynafits sounds good. Centre is at (183/2=) 91.5, leaving you at -8.8. Current recommendation is -8. Read the thread Hoarhey linked to for more on 1st gen and mounting.

And yes, the newer ones have a smoother profile, but still a bit more abrupt than Protests.

What skins do people recommend for the PowBoards? 140mm wall to wall or some split ones?

Quote Originally Posted by superdigg View Post
    What skins do people recommend for the PowBoards? 140mm wall to wall or some split ones?
    Using my Protest skins.
    Life is not lift served.

Praxis Powder Boards Review - and resources

Bump for the best tree ski evar! Had these out last week skiing about a foot in tight EC trees and they are just so ridiculously smooth and fast - true video game style skiing.
    Maybe it's just me and my addiction to their slarvy looseness, but I think they're more versatile than people give them credit for. As long as it's not bulletproof, they're fun as hell.
    For me, their most awesome quality is how they can make 3-4" feel way, way deeper - like literally not bottoming out and full on surfing deep.
    It's straight dumping here right now and I can't wait to get out on these things later today! Woot

Forgot to mention: 6' 170 lbs on OG Sunset 185 protos that seem to have less/more subtle reverse camber than production models and I'm rocking a 2 deg base bevel.
    Last edited by PlayItLeo; 02-02-2015 at 11:45 AM.

Where are you mounted at (from center or tip)?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Where are you mounted at (from center or tip)?
    Think I'm at 99 from tip.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Bump for the best tree ski evar! Had these out last week skiing about a foot in tight EC trees and they are just so ridiculously smooth and fast - true video game style skiing.
    Maybe it's just me and my addiction to their slarvy looseness, but I think they're more versatile than people give them credit for. As long as it's not bulletproof, they're fun as hell.
    You might really like the GPO CCR, slarvy, loose as loose, almost too nimble, with edge hold - carves well on the side cut. Best ski I have skied for all round skiing. Love grows daily.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    You might really like the GPO CCR, slarvy, loose as loose, almost too nimble, with edge hold - carves well on the side cut. Best ski I have skied for all round skiing. Love grows daily.
    please post your impressions of the GPO CCR in the GPO thread, when you have a chance, por favor?
    Aggressive in my own mind