A Week At Mount Carlyle Backcountry Lodge Video

A wonderful time was had at Mount Carlyle Backcountry Lodge out of Kaslo BC. Flew in with beautiful blue skies. We had great snow conditions with sunny days and and big dump of kootenay blower for the end of the week. Owner Brian "Bomber" Cross entertained us and our new Spokane ski buddies while co-owner Eryn Prospero spoiled and pampered us with treats, goodies, numnums, and delightful meals. Anyway, I made a short video about our trip.

Enjoy!

Sick video man! Looks like a great time!

that place appears to be doing things right.
    b

That was well done

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    strong work jong
    the new num num concoction center and bigger mud room kicked ass
    bobble headed safety moose
    ftw
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

that is a strong first post!!!

skifishbum I saw your recent post from Carlyle, nice photos and I had some duplicates, such a great place. Carl the moose is a wonderful mascot.

STRONG first post, man that place looks solid.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Wow that was a great edit. How much extra "work" was the filming, e.g. sacrifice any runs to get some of the shots? Just curious since you had a really nice variety in there and captured the whole hut vibe really well.

stoke!

#toojealousforwords

Great video. Thanks.
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"

Hey gramboh. I wouldn't say I sacrificed any runs, but I enjoy filming, so running around and getting angles or following someone with a gropro kind of killed some runs, but it was still fun. Sometimes my girlfriend was getting sick of filming, she's the small one in red jacket, only because I would stop her mid run and get her to wait while I found a good spot to shoot. Mostly it would just give me a good break mid run and we had a good group that seemed to ski one at a time, which helps.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Nice video. Thanks for making the effort and for putting that place on my radar.