Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    puntas de filetes is a "can't miss" choice.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I'm gonna guess the tacos hongos is different, due to how 'wet' the app is. I would save the main dish for a mole myself.
    Makes sense. Being that I live in upstate NY where, as we all know, it is physically impossible for anyone to make a decent mole (we got good pizza and semi-palatable bagels though), I think you're right, mole all the way. Seriously though, the only mole you'll find around here is mole negro and I'm sure most of it pales in comparison the iguana.

On the mexi-shroom front, I recently had corn smut (huitlacoche) for the first time. Tasted like a pretty good, very earthy, slightly dry, mushroom to me (for all I know it was just some mushroom intentionally mislabled to lure in curious gringos). It was served up in a taco as an appetizer, love me some fungus so I had to try it. Too bad the FDA tries to hinder production of this ingredient, seems like a smarter, more useful, corn based crop than say, ethanol or HFCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Where did you get that?
    Certainly not in Corn-ing! (Heh...heh....)

Do the pumpkin if you aren't sure, but really, you can't go wrong.
    You going to R.I. 1, or 2?
    I kinda
    Ike 2 better ( you can make reservations)
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

At a (IMHO) just ok to decent depending on dish mexican place in Syracuse, The Misssion. It was a special appetizer for a while (might still be).

Hadn't really thought that far in advance, but that's good to know about RI2. Waiting for a table at a restaurant without a bar to hang out at seems foreign and wrong to me; I'll gladly wait for two hours if the food is worth it and I can have a beverage or 3.
    My plan is to hit RI early in the trip, so when it inevitably lives up to the hype, we can go back later in the trip (we're book-ending the trip with stays in SLC, way less excited about the Huntsville/Ogden dining options).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    At a (IMHO) just ok to decent depending on dish mexican place in Syracuse, The Misssion. It was a special appetizer for a while (might still be).

Hadn't really thought that far in advance, but that's good to know about RI2. Waiting for a table at a restaurant without a bar to hang out at seems foreign and wrong to me; I'll gladly wait for two hours if the food is worth it and I can have a beverage or 3.
    My plan is to hit RI early in the trip, so when it inevitably lives up to the hype, we can go back later in the trip (we're book-ending the trip with stays in SLC, way less excited about the Huntsville/Ogden dining options).
    IMHO....the cochinita pibil:

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Nailed it. ^5, me!

pretty much, I cant believe it over 6 minutes for me to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    puntas de filetes is a "can't miss" choice.
    This^^^^ although I change the regularly scheduled mole that comes with the puntas to mole poblano...
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Too many jalapenos for my taste.

I don't want Mexican tonight. Maybe it's time for a new thread?

nah

Then have New Mexican.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

There's a New Mexican place not too far away, but I've never been there. hmmm

edit: hey Tipp caught back up!

Do it.
    Proper TR, please.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Then have New Mexican.
    Wait, there's a New Mexico?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Looks like fajita time for me now, I'm hungry!
    I had the luxury of living in Mexico City 35 years ago when it wasn't so - the way it is now- But Damn if I don't love me some Mexican food!
    Went on a Vacation to Mexico with an girlfriend several years back and we never really had to decide what we were going to eat, just where!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm the most extreme skier in my office. I'll see your III and raise you one level of radness.

Yes, and it's cleaner than the old Mexico according to this t-shirt. I wouldn't know, I've never been to either.

Wait, what is mole as a dish? I've only ever heard of it as the sauce that makes things taste "Mexican" (and I could use a good recipe for).
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance. We never ate much Mexican growing up and now I live Montana which can often be in a timezone about 20 years back.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Oh, and that bus in Dillon. You need to eat there.
    Am I ignorant for saying El Cazador here is good? It's always fresh and they're tamales were fantastic last I tried them. Usually though, I'm getting it out of their truck when I'm drunk so I guess it's not a fair review.
    Missoula's starting to have some really good late night drunk food venders.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Yes, and it's cleaner than the old Mexico according to this t-shirt. I wouldn't know, I've never been to either.

Wait, what is mole as a dish? I've only ever heard of it as the sauce that makes things taste "Mexican" (and I could use a good recipe for).
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance. We never ate much Mexican growing up and now I live Montana which can often be in a timezone about 20 years back.
    mole is a sauce, and most people know "mole poblano" or maybe "mole negro" as "mole", because when a restaurant has it, that's usually all they have. These moles are famously known for having chocolate in it and are slightly sweet (bad versions very sweet), but there are many mole sauces that do not have chocolate and are not sweet at all. As usual, wiki is a decent source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_sauce

I had a burrito with general tso's chicken in it on saturday night. Actually more like early sunday morning.

Let that sink in
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Too many jalapenos for my taste.
    Pussy 678

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

Let that sink in
    I think you did that for us already.

Like we needed another one.

^Stolen from a previous TGR post.
    And I guess that I just don't know

Attempt at some homemade gourmet Mexican. Albacore toastadas with line caught local albacore cooked with orange bell peppers, artichoke hearts, and red onions in a mole sauce of Aleppo and Pasilla negro chilli powder, ginger, coriander, and Mexican hot chocolate powder. Guacamole made with herbs de Provence, Turkish Urfa chilli, and black truffle oil.