Smile New Site Feedback + Testing Please

I just launched a new affiliate site. It is kinda light on content for now, but that will be improving in the weeks to come.

Here is the site- Flat Screen Accessories

I'm looking for feedback on the overall look and feel of the site, usability issues (dead links, elements not loading correctly) and any typos.

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I just launched a new affiliate site. It is kinda light on content for now, but that will be improving in the weeks to come.

Here is the site- Flat Screen Accessories

I'm looking for feedback on the overall look and feel of the site, usability issues (dead links, elements not loading correctly) and any typos.

Thanks for your help!
    I like the look and feel of the site. Mainly, you are comparing items right off the bat. Thats the type of site i'd hit. I like that you are using amazon for links to everything. Probably the best spot to get some user reviews. Re-post once you have some media pc's, consoles, phones, etc. anything you can stream off of should be listed with pro's and cons. Then you've got me hooked. I use different devices throughout the house for streaming. My daugher has a computer, i have a google usb in the bedroom and xbox one in the living room. So make sure and cover all avenues. Otherwise, the look and feel of the site are spot on. Right away im getting a comparison of products. I don't have to dig around or work hard to get that. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by cramer View Post
    I like the look and feel of the site. Mainly, you are comparing items right off the bat. Thats the type of site i'd hit. I like that you are using amazon for links to everything. Probably the best spot to get some user reviews. Re-post once you have some media pc's, consoles, phones, etc. anything you can stream off of should be listed with pro's and cons. Then you've got me hooked. I use different devices throughout the house for streaming. My daugher has a computer, i have a google usb in the bedroom and xbox one in the living room. So make sure and cover all avenues. Otherwise, the look and feel of the site are spot on. Right away im getting a comparison of products. I don't have to dig around or work hard to get that. Nice work.
    Thanks! Great feedback and exactly what I was looking for. I'll be making some changes in the coming weeks and I'll post back when I've got it all set up.

I'll just start with the elephant in the room. The url. Holy hell man. Don't use words people misspell. Don't have so many double letters next to each other. I know that is the name of the "business" but in this day and age you have to think of easy urls and if that means the business name suck, well so be it.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Not sure if FSA.com is registered or not... could be a great grab this day in age.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I think the site looks good. Lots of white space, easy to navigate. Didn't do an exhaustive QA effort but all the links I clicked redirected to a relevant location.

I'm not as convinced as SOB that you need a new URL. Personally, I think people will find your site through a search for "television accessories", "HDTV", "HDTV stereo" or other keywords, then will click on the links that Teh Googlez returns. I doubt they will be returning to your site a lot for a while after - TVs are purchased irregularly so once done setting up their unit, they probably won't be visiting your site again for a while. So the need for an easy-to-remember & spell URL may not be as big an issue compared to a site you hit regularly.

That said, a discussion with an SEO expert or two may be worthwhile.

Good luck with this.

-it's weird how you change transitions in the first two sentences i read.
    "Welcome to Flat Screen Accessories, your Ultimate Resource for HDTV Accessories. Please take a look around."
    i kind of get it when you're linking to another page, assuming that appears as the title in the destination page.

-it's dumb that your FSA logo on your homepage links to the same page, but i guess you're probably reusing that component

-a search with zero results should spell out for the retards that there were no results found

-i like consistency, and think your "pages" navigation menu should be on the "Streaming Media Players" page as well

-i don't see the need for the sitemap or disclosure in that menu; they're fine at the bottom and probably not a concern of your target audience. redundancy can be good but i dont think it's needed on those items

-if you have the "contact" item in the "pages" menu, i'd add it to your main navigation menu at the top of the page as well

-this is outside my territory 'cause i don't actually code the UI's i design and i'm also assuming you have some resolution independence going on here - based on that, if there is anything important you want the user to read in your front page below the images, it may be worth considering moving it up. since it's not viewable on page-load (at least on my computer) w/o a scroll, and there is obviously a navigation menu in vision, i would probably never read/see it. though, that may just be in line with my browsing tendencies.

-i didn't read anything of the other replies so mine may be redundant

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Not sure if FSA.com is registered or not... could be a great grab this day in age.
    Not sure if the sarcasm is turned on for this comment, but pretty much any short 4 or 5 letters or less .com combination out there is probably taken years ago. Sometimes for a common name one of the lesser known and used .co or .biz names could be available. In the case of fsa.com it was registered in 1995 and is an active site (not just squatted as for sale by someone that registered it, but is not using it at all.

http://www.whois.com/whois/fsa.com

As for the misspellings mentioned- you could just go ahead and register the most common of those too if you wanted too and redirect them to your site.

Feedback on the site- not a bad design at all- clean. I did not check all the links to see if they work (there is automated web site design tools that will do that for you.) Not sure if the Amazon shopping affiliate will work (or if it will be like Best Buy- go to find items, info and part numbers then go Google shopping for a cheaper price than your links (Ebay, Google Shopping, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    I'll just start with the elephant in the room. The url. Holy hell man. Don't use words people misspell. Don't have so many double letters next to each other. I know that is the name of the "business" but in this day and age you have to think of easy urls and if that means the business name suck, well so be it.
    Thats actually good feedback. Accessories is one of those words i actually got first time typing here. But i hate words like that when typing an email, url, etc. With that said, yahoo and google finish those words for you when searching. So you are probably fine with what you got.

Good, clean attractive home page/userface. Aesthetically pleasing.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy