b/c conditions at Stevens and/or Baker?

Trying to decide where or whether for this wknd - anyone been to either of those places for b/c (or even in-bounds) in the past week?

(asking about quality of snow conditions, not avy hazard)

I hit Baker last Saturday, inbounds only. Thawed out nicely in the sun but had a handful of bulletproof runs that were not fun. Its all about the park and groomers right now if the suns not on it.

If you're touring follow the corn rules, south east facing slopes in the morning, south west in the afternoon. Once the sun is off I bet they will lock back up again.

Have fun!

Perhaps this is too late, since it's after the weekend, but hopefully someone will find it useful. I just skied Lichtenberg Mtn. (it's the first thing on the north side of route 2 east of the pass) from the Yodelin parking lot this morning. We were on the face just east of the summit itself. Conditions were actually surprisingly good spring skiing. The key is to make sure you're on something south facing, otherwise you'll be on ice. Because of the inversion, it was warmer up high - pretty firm until about 750 feet off the floor of the valley. Once we got onto the slopes that had been in the sun a bit, it was really hot. I mean, skiing in a T-shirt hot, when it was 28 at the car. Things softened up really nicely. By 1:30, it was soft enough to sink into ~12 inches w/o skis on. Fun skiing! But coverage was pretty bare towards the bottom. No rocks or things to screw up your bases, but lots of dodging slide alder. On the whole, an awesome day. Let me know if you've got any questions.