Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

True Detective on HBO

2 episodes in, show is amazing. Amazing character development so far.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums

thanks for the reminder, i'm going to catch up, tonight.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Matthew McC is playing the shit outta that role. This show iz tits.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Speaking of tits, there was a nice pair on episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeMax View Post
    They're real and they're spectacular!!
    I'm not a big "big tit" man but those juggs are truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by HansJob View Post
    Matthew McC is playing the shit outta that role. This show iz tits.
    Agreed, his character is pretty intriguing and I can't wait to see what further oddities come up pertaining to his development. He was born to play that role, it's like a hybrid between Mud and Killer Joe.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    The grown ups 'The Following'

Superb.

Can't figure out if they're gonna pull it off yet. The role reversal is kind of refreshing, but I'm simple like that.

They need to do a spin off show about Matt McC's character during his early days as narcotics undercover. The shit that put him in the psych ward.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. What was that last 10 seconds? That was some seriously freaky deaky right there.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeMax View Post
    Moar please.

Loving it so far!
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. What was that last 10 seconds? That was some seriously freaky deaky right there.
    Just watched episode. WTF WAS THAT???
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Oh come now; certainly you must have felt the urge at some time in your life to wander around in a vintage WWI gas mask and dirty Tidy Whiteys, carryin' a Machete, looking like a menacing overweight hairless Yeti?!? Even if you're not in Louisiana .......

Episode 1 very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

It only gets better
    Don't Taze me bro.

I heard that the concept is that they will change up the two lead actors every season. Hopefully they can continue at this pace of awesomeness.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Very intelligent writing, great acting, amazing story, and all I can think is, "will we get to see those funbags again?".

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Very intelligent writing, great acting, amazing story, and all I can think is, "will we get to see those funbags again?".
    Given the increasingly crushing edginess, if we do I'm afraid it quite the pleasurable experience it was the first time .....

Fuck this is a good show. I strongly predict a fistful of emmy's in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    I heard that the concept is that they will change up the two lead actors every season. Hopefully they can continue at this pace of awesomeness.
    The concept is to bring back the pre-cable TV miniseries. Each season will be unrelated to the previous; new characters, setting and story. Each season is to be directed by a single director. The hope being that rising film directors will be lured to the production to showcase their style in the miniseries format. This season's director is relatively new but won a pile of awards for his first film, "Sin Nombre". I guess the question is can the series' creator and sole writer keep up this "pace of awesomeness". I like the idea because instead of superflous characters, wandering narrative and storylines left dangling (see Boredwalk Empire), the focus is on a single story arc. There is no investment in dragging out the story until it's like an E.L. Doctorow novel in a blender (see BoredWalk Empire) and then having to do a pointless season five simply because HBO already invested a shit ton of money in a show most viewers gave up on two years ago (see BoredWalk Empire). Seriously, couldn't HBO just give up on Nucky already and send that money over to True Detective or, better yet, Game of Throne's special effects budget.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 02-03-2014 at 08:34 AM.

Wow - just watched first three. nothing like setting the bar high from jump street. woody from cheers come a long way. Anyone see "into the furnace" - Woody was scary tweaker hillbilly extraordinaire
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

I had to watch just for the tits. Damn that girl is smokin!
    Oh, and it's an amazing show. Love how McC looks like an ex-con in the interviews, lol. Makes you wonder what really happened. I guess they'll get to it.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

If the wire and Breaking Bad had a baby and then that baby was adopted by Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

^^^^well put. Episode 4 was fantastic - that long shot towards the end was money. Can't wait to see where they go with this for second half of the season. McC will have another best actor award for this performance.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man