Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Super Bowl XLVIII

lots of respect for Seattle but Denver is going to win.

I'm flying in to Denver on Superbowl Sunday and looking forward to the celebration.

Go Broncos
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Should be plenty of fun to watch. If Seattle can get some pressure on Manning they'll have a shot at it. But if the Denver O-line holds up then I think Seattle will have a difficult time putting enough points on the board to win it.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

i'll have a super bowl loaded indeed! the kind buttflake strain.
    go hawks
    b

that's genius did you create that?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Seattle is a team of destinty that persevered through an incredibly tough NFC. Denver beat a Patriots team held together by duct tape and bailing wire.

Go Seahawks.

If the Broncos didn't make it, I'd be cheering for Seattle. But the Broncos are a far more experienced, mature, and calculated team. Seattle's defense is good, but Peyton will pick them apart. Should be one of the beat super bowls in a while either way.

there will be no picking apart.
    b

Seahawks ftw.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Seattle won a sloppy game vs. 49ers and were sloppy in their last five games. In my view Denver is the clear favorite.

I wouldn't call their two playoff victories sloppy. It's the playoffs, its not supposed to be a clinic. NFC was the stronger league this year. Denver's offense didn't look great against the Pats 2nd string Defense. Seattle D is going to punch Denver in the mouth and I don't think they can respond well to that.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I wouldn't call their two playoff victories sloppy. It's the playoffs, its not supposed to be a clinic. NFC was the stronger league this year. Denver's offense didn't look great against the Pats 2nd string Defense. Seattle D is going to punch Denver in the mouth and I don't think they can respond well to that.
    Dear fucking lord some of you chowds are so biased it's ridiculous. Peyton torched your team to the tune of 400 yards, 2 touchdowns and went 32-43. A couple of those were drops and Talib wasn't shutting anyone down and even if he was Peyton wouldn't have thrown his way and continued to torch your defense. The offense rattled off a 9 minute drive to pretty much ice the game to start the second half along with 5 consecutive 60+ yard drives and one punt. The injury excuse is stupid but I'll go ahead and list who was also hurt for Denver. A starting DT, a pro bowl CB, a starting safety and an All Pro linebacker.

Seeing the #1 offense vs. the #1 defense should be a treat.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 01-21-2014 at 01:05 PM.

The line has been all over the place and will continue to be- if that matters to anyone.

The Donks have only played on team in the top 10 total defense (Houston in week 16)- so Im not yet sold on their offense's ability to work at the uber efficient level it has been, while playing against the best defense in the league.

buuuut they have scored 25+ in every single game this season so....ya, that's impressive.

And Denver has been #1 against the run this year but im pretty sure that's a product of teams playing against them needing to throw on every down after the first quarter.

This is going to be one hell of a game, I'm taking the 'Hawks by 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    The Donks have only played on team in the top 10 total defense (Houston in week 16)- so Im not yet sold on their offense's ability to work at the uber efficient level it has been, while playing against the best defense in the league.

Wouldn't KC be considered a top 10 defensive team?
    Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    The defenses that Denver has faced this season:

Total defense
    Balt: 12th
    NYG: 11th
    Oak: 22nd
    Phil: 29th
    Dal: 32nd
    Jax: 27th
    Indy: 20th
    Wash: 18th
    SD: 23rd
    KC: 24th
    NE: 26th
    Tenn: 14th
    Hou: 7th

Denver’s defense ranked 19th

This Hawks defense is considered the be in the top 5 defenses of all time.. The Broncos will have not seen anything even remotely resembling the Hawks defense this year.. They have three quality starting CBs, including a shutdown in Sherman.. They have made the best 2 TEs in the game (Graham, Davis) all but disappear in 5 games.. They will not have to play much zone because Manning is a zero threat to run.. which also frees up a LB which had to spy Kaepernick.. and gives their multiple pass rushers a statue to go after.. The Hawks D has given up these rushing stats to RBs in the last 9 games: 31 yrds to SF, 108 yrd to NO, 11 yrds to StL, 139 yrds to AZ (on 43 carries), 25 yrds to NYG, 132 yds to SF (including the 51 yarder of Gore's on that last drive), 44 yds to NO, 132 yds to Min (half that in garbage time), 49 yds to Atl..

The Hawks offense has gone up against the #2, #4 (twice), #5 (three times), #6 (twice), #7, #8 defenses this yr... that's over half their games played against top 10 (top 8) defenses!

Manning has run that Bronco O to near perfection... they have a boatload of weapons.. It is gonna be a whale of a game.. Will have to see how weather affects it.. It's gonna make for the most watched SB of all time..

I have no idea who will win but I do know that the Sea-Hawks will absolutely but up for the challenge!!

Oh.. and Percy Harvin will be a full go.. that the Broncos will have to account for that the 9ers in this last game had the luxury of not having to do...
    Last edited by BaNosser; 01-21-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

oh yeah, #11 for a few plays and loads of attention even when the play is away from his side of the field. if denver goes percy head hunting like NO did, then the flags are gonna be flying and first down seattle will be heard much.
    b

Not to mention that many of those defenses are atrocious against the pass-

Phil- 32nd
    Dal- 30th
    SD- 29th
    Oak- 28th
    Jax and KC- tied for 26th

That's damn near half their schedule against the worst passing defenses in the league, save for the Vikings at 31st and themselves at 27th.

PFM dodged quite a few bullets in the interception department during the playoffs. I think he has to be almost perfect to get it done one last time. But I think it is likely that he will.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MadMatt View Post
    Wouldn't KC be considered a top 10 defensive team?
    KC wasn't the same team after they lost Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. It was like someone flicked the 'off' switch to the defense when those injuries occured. Both would eventually return but not with the same form.

I just hope Manning doesn't announce his retirement this week...
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Quote Originally Posted by BaNosser View Post
    I just hope Manning doesn't announce his retirement this week...
    Not a chance till at least pre-season. Too many endorsements to manage.

Well shit, why play the game then. The seachicken are sooooo superior to every team to ever play the game. Lets just give them the trophy... sorry but you seachicken fans are over the top and are making a run for "doucheyest fans in the NFL."

If the Broncos do win then John Elway will be elevated to the status of an absolute god in denver. They might as well rename the city Elwayville and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by jma233 View Post
    If the Broncos do win then John Elway will be elevated to the status of an absolute god in denver. They might as well rename the city Elwayville and get it over with.
    His face is already on the logo