Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    surf trip topsheet is so cool!
    That top sheet is pure money and I did not have to think about it... Going to slap some orange FKSs on them... Also picked up a 2nd pair of 193 MVPs and picked my second favorite top sheet - East Shore... I am def digging the skis Keith is putting out...

it was in jest, i rode the glacial period dec-jan with 18" ice covering everything. praxisRX edged that block like a champ
    I skied the GPO much of that time frame as well as some skinny 80's. All of them turned left and right. What more can you ask? Those early season hard snow conditions were also the reason I bought the S&D. I have been pleased with the result.

Bump. Any SND users who'd like to offer some feedback after 1+ years on them?

I still like them and like skiing them.....I wish they were the same shape but 90mm underfoot at times though. I can bang the redline hard on this ski depending the conditions and how hard I am driving....a bit more tail I wish for at times but then that would take away how fun they are in the trees and bumps (always trade off). I run the 185 and for the EC they work great. I also run a Brahma as well, two different personalities for sure. If I was looking to either ski as my only I'd go with the Brahma.......I think.

Thanks Jmars. You are tipping the scales towards the 9D.

Cool...look forward to hearing about it if you pull the trigger. I would suggest getting the ski in the "stiff" build, I don't know your size or how you like to ski but I don't find the SND demanding at all. If you are a skier who really drives from the front of the boot I think you'd find the same.

Another in this width that I surprisingly really liked was the Salomon Xdrive 8.8......its worth your time to at least demo, much, much stiffer tail. I love the 190 Qlab, the Xdrive 8.8 reminds me of a narrower version.,.......with that said though, it doesn't have the cool factor like a Praxis

my snd could be a little stiffer or maybe longer, I'm just 5'5" and got the 167, it makes me wish for a longer/stiffer if offpiste is crudy, but for hardpack is just perfect and easy to ski! really like in those conditions

I've only got a few hours messing about on a pair of stock 176s. I'm 6'1" and usually hover +/- 210.

I'm used to fatter rockered skis. So it took a run or two to get in the swing of these. They were a hoot on firm groomers. They seemed most at home doing turns a shade wider than I thought they'd naturally do (just based on "look"). But they did 'em confidently while running fast... Firm edge hold. Easy to know when you made them happy and when not. I did not do any significant bumps - but they were pretty comfortable in the little bumps I did - though I am a bump schlub.

At the end of the day - a really fun firm groomer ski. But for me, a ski for when it is only about firm groomers and I want to really mess around on grippy carvy edges on a sunny day with no easy access to soft stuff. Just that end of the quiver.

Build quality is great -- as expected from Praxis.

FWIW, my spouse was on her 9D8s and also had a fine time on the firm stuff - with way more leeway in terms of conditions the skis can handle. Also interestingly, she usually hates anything lacking meaningful tail rocker, but really likes the 9D8s. The 9D is supposedly exactly halfway between those two skis.

For a reference I am 5'10" 177lbs and on the 185 stiff. Skiing it how I like to ski a ski of this type I am tongue heavy. I also have a beer league and FIS skis I run on fun groomer days if that any help to you.

I argue that the SnD does better in soft'ish snow then one would think based on its waist. I'd LOVE to rip bumps on the 176 if got the change but the 185 is very easy IMO.

Good info. At this point (having way too much fun on a pair of 179 cm Rxs), I'm going to wait until April. The leading wish is the 9D in 182 cm -- can't decide between stiff and medium stiff -- to round out the quiver.

Reviving an ancient thread. What are people’s thoughts on a skinny -10 version of this ski? Anyone done it? Or am I messing up a good thing...

I think I could go either way on sizing. 176 or 184, but am leaning towards the shorter for quick snappy turns and lower speeds on crowded icy stuff. And standing around teaching my kids. Not what I need my protest or GPO’s for. I’m going to try and make it more fun with a tool better suited for the job. Talk to me in length vs your GPO’s and how you ski these.

Praxis Carving Skis

You talking bout a skinny 9D? My dick around, ski with the kids ski is a MVP, super cool cause I built it shorter with a heavy core and carbon so they’re are the bees knees for spring bumps, park, hard groomers, and if I’m being completely honest they’re really really good everywhere anytime. Super nice for skiing with kids cause they’re super playful going slow, skiing backwards, jumping in and out of trees, and rails. So I would honestly recommend a PJ if you’re looking for something narrower. If you’re really looking for a legit narrow carving ski I’m sure you’re probably on the right path but it doesn’t sound very fun to me for skiing with kids, seems like the energy you need to derive to enjoy a carving ski would involve way too much speed to enjoy them with kids.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Got in touch with Keith. He said to date they've never built a -10 SND. Makes me curious, but I'm not going to be the guinne pig. Reco was for heavy hitter/carbon/veneer in +4 flex. The heavy+carbon seems very intriguing. If I truly want to skid around with a kid I'd probably just take out my Sin7's. Not a sexy ski, but kind of do all as you suggest above, but likely much less backbone.