old binding/ski new boot fit?

I would apologize to everyone for my level of proper boot/binding fit. I spend most of my time going sidewise with soft boots on.

My wife got some new ski boots. I moved the heel piece back (as far as it goes) but to lock the boot in the heel piece moves (slides) back when the boot contacts the binding before it locks down.

Is this a problem?

the center line of the boot lines up with the center of the ski. it seems like the binding should have been mounted back further when new, but that is a different topic.

Thanks for the help,

-jong
    believe me its real.

Sounds like it's a remount. Some binders have very little range.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

There's a spring in the heel piece to provide forward pressure against the toe piece and there will be tick marks or some other way to set the correct forward pressure. Every binding is different.

The binding is mounted for a specific boot sole length so you might need to remount the heels. On the side of the boot heel is the length in mm. I assume the new boots are longer than the old.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Sounds like correct forward pressure (bindings almost always slide back when boot is engaged). What type of bindings? There should be an indicator mark on the heel to let you know if it is adjusted properly.
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

thanks for the answers....

they are rossi oxium 200.

Yes the new boots are a little longer than the old.

I will look for the indicator marks.

I am looking to go out today, yes I will be skiing as well!
    believe me its real.

Take them to a certified shop! You don't want to risk your wife's safety by troubleshooting this on the internet. Plus a torque test is never a bad idea.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoop View Post
    I would apologize to everyone for my level of proper boot/binding fit. I spend most of my time going sidewise with soft boots on.
    I was about halfway through the thread before I realized what you were saying here. Thought you were a Texan or maybe a S.P.O.R.E. on skis!

For the occasional binding adjustment, just take it to a shop and get a release check done too. It's not worth the time it takes to learn to do it right (not hard, sometimes tedious, different across brands).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Take to a shop, I will. sounds like good advise from drop bombs.
    believe me its real.

went to shop, the small slid of the binding was as said above normal for keeping pressure to the toepiece.

thanks again.
    believe me its real.