Thread: Daydreams

Daydreams

I love vintage ski footage and this one is a real gem. These guys were insane, this was some seriously ground breaking stuff for 74-75.

If you haven't seen Daydreams do yourself a favor, have a smoke and a pancake, kick back and watch it.

One more thing, if the psychedelic intro is too long for you skip to 5:45 or so.

Just plain awesome, skiing used to be so fucking cool, hangliders, hippies, hot air balloons and mainly just hanging out.

Awesome YouTube find. Ahead of their time.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

i smoked a pancake....what was next??!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    i smoked a pancake....what was next??!!?
    Damn, and I poured Aunt Jemima's on my stash.
    Sometimes pride comes after a fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Loc View Post
    Just plain awesome, skiing used to be so fucking cool, hangliders, hippies, hot air balloons and mainly just hanging out.
    Fuck yes. This makes me wish I was a ski bum in the 70's. Honestly I think this may be my most favorite ski movie ever. I freaking love the flat spin 3's in the middle of mogul runs, so bad ass.

Cool movie! I love the old school Tahoe no hat pow days.

If you guys liked Daydreams, you should def check out Scrapple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Loc View Post
    Hotties too. Check out Tina.

I WAS a 70's ski bum and it WAS cool. But the equipment for powder is way better now.

^^bet you were a 60's skier also!!!!! back in the day there was no such thing as a flat 3!!!! helicopter!!!!! in the back bowls and slipstreams we still be spinnin new daydreams!!!!!!!

You are correct sir (channeling Ed McMahon). I started in 68 or 69, taking bus trips with our school. I was the JONG then, since almost everybody I knew skied before I did. But my first winter bumming was 75-76 in Park City working at the EE. I remember guys from Cali going into the trees west of Thaynes to build jumps. They were nearly all divers (the pool variety, not SCUBA) who knew how to flip from that sport.

The EE kicked ass but kinda sucks now. I miss their home fries, but Smiths has the kind they used to have in the frozen food section. So, I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    Fuck yes. This makes me wish I was a ski bum in the 70's. Honestly I think this may be my most favorite ski movie ever. I freaking love the flat spin 3's in the middle of mogul runs, so bad ass.
    Kickass vid...but there were some very bad things about 70's skiing:

Hansen skiboots.

Scott poles that broke your thumbs.

POS Look bindings.

Big ski lodge cafeteria cookies were a dollar...even back THEN!!!

Kids sometimes got stuck with non-metal edges for their first skis....now they start right off with shaped skis. Kudos to Atomic back then, though, for making my really decent first junior racing skis.

I have to admit those furry apres-ski boots that hot women wore were pretty rad, though!
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

70's has to be the greatest decade of that century.

Skied Hansen boots right up to the broken leg part, but guess Marker should get the blame for that.

Took many a year to figure out that a half gallon bota bag wasn't helping my skiing.

Buy a copy of Daydreams

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Daydreams today? I've been skiing Squaw for ~20 years and have heard of this film on a couple occasions but I've never actually seen it. Here is where I've looked so far: YouTube (link was private), TGR store (doesn't carry it anymore), and Craig Beck's website (doesn't seem to have a website or web store anymore).

Any leads are much appreciated, I really want to see this legend of a film for myself!