Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Telluride,CO Lodging

As many of you know Im the GM of the Camels Garden Hotel(ski in ski out in Town) in Telluride. Rates vary on availability and timing but im generally able to hook up mags. Feel free to pm me for more details.

Deeppo

see ya next Friday!!!!

SERIOUS good deal on a room for the weekend..... PM him....

+1. Me and my brother really appreciated the hook up last year. Can't beat the camels garden.

just got back from staying at the Camels this last weekend. low tide on the hill but very nice hook up at the Camels from Deepo. short 60 deg wedge to the gondola, quick walk to main street..... all good. hotel is nice, great room and a shower that actually dumps water

thanks again deepo

Looking for someone Kool to ski with in Telluride March 4th till 10 th. Have place also.

Quote Originally Posted by deeppo View Post
    As many of you know Im the GM of the Camels Garden Hotel(ski in ski out in Town) in Telluride. Rates vary on availability and timing but im generally able to hook up mags. Feel free to pm me for more details.

Deeppo
    Just noticed this thread and also sent you a PM.

Thanks for the pointer, Alpinord!

Deeppo - thanks - good looking out! PM sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I am looking for lodging for 1 on NYE, I fly in to town the 31st and will be in town for 2 weeks. I can't move into my condo until the 1st so i need a friend to help me out with 1 nights stay. I can pay $$ or trade with lift tickets to either Telluride or Squaw Valley if your interested in coming out west. PM me and let me know if you can help. Also looking for ski buddy's during this time.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

I suggest you contact deeppo, joey...

bump, because i am still looking for couch space.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

The Mountainside Inn is a damn good deal, just a short walk to chair 7, and sort of ski in.

Holy crap, the asshole factor in this town is high.

+ 1 on the Mountainside Inn. Excellent spot and decently cheap for Telluride.

Got drunk as a skunk at the bar/BBQ place in the Camels Garden last weekend. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The Mountainside Inn is a damn good deal, just a short walk to chair 7, and sort of ski in.

I've never had anything but great times with people in T-Ride. I wouldn't call that an asshole town!

It is crazy how your perceptions and interactions are self-reflection.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Benny just being Benny.

Somethings, something.... if you smell shit look at your own shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Benny just being Benny.

Somethings, something.... if you smell shit look at your own shoe?
    I'm picturing the South Park where Butters walks around Aspen with shit smeared under his nose remarking how "this whole place smells like poo!"

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Yeah, Mountainside is where I stayed. Good price compared to other options. The managers are good people, too.

If I had to do it over, and the weather was nice, I might stay at the hostel in Rico to save a little more money. But being able to wake up next to the lift has its advantages, for sure.

Not sure about the "asshole factor" in Telluride. I didn't experience it myself. Just a bunch of friendly laid back people is all I found. I'm sure there are a few assholes around, though.

I'm talking about the BMW X3/5 million dollar house set.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

There's certainly a lot of wealthy people with houses up in Mountain Village. For the most part, I suspect those folks don't hang out in the same places I did.

Never ran into a bad attitude while I was there. In fact, a couple of locals and even some ski patrollers showed me and my group a few stashes around the mountain, leading to one of the best ski days of my life. Great ski town/vibe.

Even during the massive shitshow that is the Bluegrass Festival, when I would expect locals to be really sick of the massive amount of people in town, most were super friendly and nice.

However, I do typically stay in Ouray, so I don't run into the BMW crowd Benny mentions. Some of the climbing guides' attitudes rub me the wrong way, though.

Didn't find any rich assholes hanging out in the Carhenge lot.

Just a bunch of dirtbags, they got ski-in / ski-out parking!

Name:  t ride.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  97.8 KB

I'm talking about the BMW X3/5 million dollar house set.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app
    In Benny's defense I've nodded and said hello to some of these rich acting peeps over the years in Tride while out walking my dog and been completely ignored, brushed off or glared at. Shrug. Who cares. My fault for not pretending they were invisible first. Unless you're working for tips ignoring people who run around trying to look rich will lower the asshole factor of any boutique ski town by 99 percent.

We didn't meet any pricks camping up Fall Creek Road this year and passers by were friendly. Just far enough from town to warm up the ski boots properly. Victorian Inn is cheap and clean but since they sold the parking lot off it isn't as nice as I remember. They had the lowest price for same day reservation on Expedia that was quite a bit less than prebooking was and a twenty dollar bill or so cheaper than Mountainside. Still a great location right down the street from Baked In Tride's delicious coffee.

Car camping spot outside of town:
    Last edited by uglymoney; 03-06-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Walked up and down main St last afternoon looking for a good bar but found high end rugs and big furniture and bad art and assholes talking real loud. This place has changed since I was here 27 years ago. Awesome ski hill, though, as long as this crunch gets covered and buffed.

Going to ski Palmyra?

^I know what you mean. First time I skied TRIDE was mid eighties. It was still full of hippies and main street was awesome. I remember grizzled dudes skinning uphill all day. It is still awesome but in a different billionaires kicked out the millionaires way.

I remember having my skis tuned in little shed in a guys backyard right off mainstreet somewhere. Anybody remember the name of that shop?
    Last edited by uglymoney; 03-06-2017 at 12:50 PM.