Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    ^I know what you mean. First time I skied TRIDE was mid eighties. It was still full of hippies and main street was awesome. I remember grizzled dudes skinning uphill all day. It is still awesome but in a different billionaires kicked out the millionaires way.
    The joke is that the millionaires moved to Telluride because the billionaires kicked them out of Aspen.

Telluride has been skiing great over the past week.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Going to ski Palmyra?
    How steep is the off load ramp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    The joke is that the millionaires moved to Telluride because the billionaires kicked them out of Aspen.

Telluride has been skiing great over the past week.
    this reminded me of this
    http://www.thecordovatimes.com/2017/...ully-sullivan/
    i never asked him personally but heard they tried to unionize in Aspen. Patrol got fired so off to Telluride. good read for anyone in Telluride. One tough guy.
    off your knees Louie

Then there's this:

The Lost People Of Mountain Village (part one)

Uploaded on Jan 22, 2009
    "This film is not funny." ~Steven Peabody, Colorado Board of Real Estate Professionals. Anthropologist Wade Davis calls it "no less than the most spectacular archaeological and anthropological discovery of our lifetimes." Dr. Jerrold Sapphire, Author of "VANISHED: Why Bad Things Happen to Bad Civilizations," calls it... well, you'll find out what he calls it. But when a lost backcountry skier high in the Rocky Mountains stumbles on a monumental complex of structures - apparently completely uninhabited - the only thing that experts agree on is that we may never know what really happened to "The Lost People of Mountain Village."

"Stupidest thing I've seen on the internet. Period." ~J. Thulan

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

(Sorry a bit off-topic, but this wasn't worth it's own thread).

Going to be there at the end of the month for the first time. Between work and family/friends, I'll probably have a half day to ski where I want. Any recs? Not big on no-fall zones or mandatory airs (might take my 10yr old with me). Looks like there are plenty of options for that, but what shouldn't I miss the opportunity to ski if I don't have time to explore?

Chair 9

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Walked up and down main St last afternoon looking for a good bar but found high end rugs and big furniture and bad art and assholes talking real loud. This place has changed since I was here 27 years ago. Awesome ski hill, though, as long as this crunch gets covered and buffed.
    Brown Dog Pizza has a bar. Pizza isn't bad, either, if you like Detroit style. Best not to arrive in prime time, though, as the wait can be brutal.

Beautiful place

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1488837802387.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	201774

^I know what you mean. First time I skied TRIDE was mid eighties. It was still full of hippies and main street was awesome. I remember grizzled dudes skinning uphill all day. It is still awesome but in a different billionaires kicked out the millionaires way.

I remember having my skis tuned in little shed in a guys backyard right off mainstreet somewhere. Anybody remember the name of that shop?
    My favorite memory was stumbling into a hippie store/shack with my then girlfriend that sold all sorts of cool stuff. The Sheriff pulls up, all mustache and cowboy hat, and starts questioning young hippy behind the counter about missing or stolen cheese. Remember government cheese? Yeah, that stuff. I assumed the sheriff and hippy crossed paths before. The sheriff was being cool, the hippy was nervous. I backed away from the interrogation and went on my way with a few cool hippy crafts.

Beware of a place called There. Great food. Godawful service. I want to slap the young Asian barkeep in the stupid hair and stupid t shirt. Trustafarians suck. Probably a snowboarder. It should be a law that you have to Apprentice in a restaraunt before opening one.

Are you "Todd" from OpenSnow?

No. It's Bond. James Bond.

Chair 9
    I'd add Revelation Bowl to that. Not sure I'd take a 10 year old either place, but maybe. Depends on the kid.

Safe your appetite.

http://www.oakstelluride.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    No. It's Bond. James Bond.

Fat, sweaty Roger Moore in a safari suit Bond.
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hey thanks.

I imagine you with awful breath.

Wish I had seen this, slept in car downtown. First time there, locals were amazingly friendly, showed me around the mountain on one of the powder days and every run was perfect, that section between dihedral and quail is crazy. Can't wait to get back out there