Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30
    So locked means locked, that's a good thing for kick turns.

You know I've never had the binding come off when I'm kickturning when "unlocked" but a few times over the years I've stepped out when breaking trail with too skinny a ski for the powder conditions.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Looks like my vipecs are having some issues. One of the toes is not fully opening when I put it in step in mode. The pin adjustment is not too tight.

I opened them to inspect the inside.

The pin mechanism on it's own fully opens. As I increase the din the pins get tighter.

Between the lever and pin mechanism the isn't any apparent wear.

The lever has more slack compared to my other toe that works as it should.

If I push the lever down the pins open more, but if I let go of the lever they close back up.

What's the best lube due bindings? Can I use silicone spray?

Fritschi Vipec review thread

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post

What's the best lube due bindings? Can I use silicone spray?
    BD told me white lithium spray last year. It worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all. Does anyone have any experience with the scarpa alien or tlt6 and the vipecs? I've been trying to put together a first touring setup and got a pair of aliens that fit me well and the vipecs for a good price. After the fact I found out about the potential compatibility issues. With the higher rubber toe piece the boot will release from the toe as it should, but in walk mode it looks like it may release at an angle around 90 degrees. Have you guys had issues with that in a real world situation?

Quote Originally Posted by GooseOnSmallHill View Post
    Hey all. Does anyone have any experience with the scarpa alien or tlt6 and the vipecs? I've been trying to put together a first touring setup and got a pair of aliens that fit me well and the vipecs for a good price. After the fact I found out about the potential compatibility issues. With the higher rubber toe piece the boot will release from the toe as it should, but in walk mode it looks like it may release at an angle around 90 degrees. Have you guys had issues with that in a real world situation?
    I skied with TLT6's and 2nd gen Vipecs (14/15) a number of times, zero problems. Just had to have on the right clip for skinning (ie pre evo models had two different clips for forward release while skinning). But can't comment on EVO and onward
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    I skied with TLT6's and 2nd gen Vipecs (14/15) a number of times, zero problems. Just had to have on the right clip for skinning (ie pre evo models had two different clips for forward release while skinning). But can't comment on EVO and onward
    That's reassuring - I have the 2nd gen as well.Currently have that higher clip mounted. Going to hunt down some sticks then get it all sorted, will update if there's any issues with the alien specifically.

Anyone have an extra toe piece they'd sell? Lost a ski... Would prefer black gen or later.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Just the toe? I do. PM me your address etc. Shipping + beer money is plenty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Just the toe? I do. PM me your address etc. Shipping + beer money is plenty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Pm sent. Many thanks
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Anybody have any extra heel parts they want to sell me? Managed to crack the little plastic saddle piece that holds the brake arms up in tour mode and BD is not getting back to me about buying just that part.

For those that have had their heels move back on the adjustment plates while skinning up, did you ever figure out the issue? Are the grooves on the black plates worn? (BD is willing to take the heels back, but that means no bindings for a while or wait until after ski season to mail them). I'm thinking may just new plastic plates would solve the matter?