Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Big Mountain Enduro, who's doing what?

Looks like I'm in for Snowmass, Keystone, and Moab, at least they say I am. Couldn't spring for the CB "Ultra Enduro", sounds cool but $600? Glad it's not part of the series, I'm gonna be strapped to get the rest of the days off anyway. Hopefully they'll announce the fourth event and put registration up soon. Wonder how quick they'll sell out, at least the Moab event.

Anyone else doing these?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I'm on the fence about doing the CB "ultra enduro".

$600 is a ton of money to ride trails I ride every weekend for free, BUT, it would be a good motivator to ride/train hard, and would be a huge advantage for results, (which would be fun).

Not going to register tonight. Going to wait till Feb. If its full, "oh well", if its not, I'll prob sign up.

With a wedding/house/grad school all happening here shortly, it would be tough for me to travel to the other races this year. Would like to do Moab eventually. Snowmass would be rad, I'm pretty mehhh abotu Keystone.

Excited to see what the 4th event is. Hope its Durango again, would really like to race there someday.

Jesus, people actually pay that much to enter a race? Thats insane to me. What exactly do you get for your $600?

5 days of racing(4 days with some shuttle assist and 1 day of lift tix), 2 meals a day (I think) and probably as much beer as you can drink, given the intensity of the event. I'd bet people will feel like they got their $$ worth at the end of the week. Folks are gonna be shattered....as are bikes.

The BME schedule looks to be a little early for my recovery/rehab this summer, save CB. I would do it, except I'm going to Switzerland to ride bikes instead. Yayer!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Jesus, people actually pay that much to enter a race? Thats insane to me. What exactly do you get for your $600?
    A really expensive t-shirt

I can see how some could justify traveling to CB, and racing for 5x days for that amount. It does include breakfast/lunch/shuttles. In a way it's kind of like paying for a shitty guiding service. You show up, get fed and moved around, and someone tells you which kick ass trails your going to ride. Typical race is $50-$80, this would be about ~$115 a day. When you consider shuttle/food/beer, its not tuuurrible. Not cheap either.

For me, it would be about the chance to (potentially) do really well with the home court advantage, and see how I stack up against the people who take this stuff seriously. Plus I wouldn't need to travel, and, I enjoy taking results seriously every now and then.

I'm hoping to announce the snowmass event again this year
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I'm hoping to announce the snowmass event again this year
    Nice! I assume the BME race will be the one race... No "Blast the Mass" race then?

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    recovery/rehab this summer
    What happened dude?

Quote Originally Posted by brettf View Post
    What happened dude?
    Joined the ACL club a week ago.

Moab only for me this year. I'm super stoked they're going with the format I wanted the first year they did it - 3 stages on Burro Down. Just hope they pick some good stages. My hope would be:
    1. Burro
    2. Hazard to Lunch Overlook
    3. Top of last climb-y section after the overlook to the cattle guard (or even better, the river, but that's not going to happen). Unfortunately my bet is they'll leave in a lot of the flat/pedal/climb-y section after the overlook as part of a stage (stage 3 most likely).

LOVED the CB race last year but the 5-day isn't in the cards. Not to mention I'd definitely die.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

No bueno amigo

You doing a graft? Which one?

I did a patellar graft in a February and was riding dh when the lifts opened that summer, with a good two months of trail riding before that.

Road bikes can be good things.

Mrs. tron has probably had a few of these no?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Hammy graft. I'll be riding this summer, just don't want to worry about racing.
    I've got a cx bike in the trainer ready to go. Doing some prehab already

Hammy graft. I'll be riding this summer, just don't want to worry about racing.
    I've got a cx bike in the trainer ready to go. Doing some prehab already
    Moab in early may. See ya there

You know.....for training. Or rehab. Or whatever word it takes to get you there.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I 'm signed up for the CB 5 day race. Suits me perfectly.

I'm in for Snowmass again. I hope BME can do as well as Nitro, Buck, and their crew has for the previous years. BME will eliminate the XC stage i bet. Pussies

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Or whatever word it takes to get you there.
    I think that word is "Dale's Pale Ale"
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Bc1pr, I agree, hope the TBA event is Durango, haven't done that either.

Flow you should be full strength about six months out from surgery, good on ya not worrying about racing, this is high stakes. Good time to enjoy yourself and get strong again without pressure to push it.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

FWIW, I am working on the dates for our 'Little Mountain Enduro's' at Snow King this summer. Gonna try and ramp up some incentives to participate, swag, raffles, passes, shirts, etc, but still keep them at less than $25 or even way cheaper for a few of them.
    Kinda hoping for bi -weekly 'local style' series.
    Might be something to consider in conjunction with a few day visit to the Titties.
    Hope to keep them casual, beer filled, and fun.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Oh don't you worry, Buck and I will be all over this. The BME folks are fantastic event organizers and we cant wait to kick-off the series. Since the courses wont be announced until week of, my commentary leading up to the event will be much less, however, rest assured that yours truly has come up with some bad-ass ideas for courses for the BME folks to consider. This event will be so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Oh don't you worry, Buck and I will be all over this. The BME folks are fantastic event organizers and we cant wait to kick-off the series. Since the courses wont be announced until week of, my commentary leading up to the event will be much less, however, rest assured that yours truly has come up with some bad-ass ideas for courses for the BME folks to consider. This event will be so fun.
    I still think the enduro you guys put on two summers ago was some of the most fun racing I've ever been involved with. Good stuff!

How was the Durango stage last year. I wished I would have raced it the first year when it was down the CT trail from Kenebec but decided to work at the event instead. I didn't really pay attention to the series last year but when I saw the course I was disappointed but maybe it was because I ride those trails weekly.

I don't think anyone was disappointed with the Durango stages. Raider ridge as hard as you can go is brutal

Quote Originally Posted by brettf View Post
    I still think the enduro you guys put on two summers ago was some of the most fun racing I've ever been involved with. Good stuff!
    Thanks sir. Means a lot!

I'll look into keystone, since its close. But will make a push to free up for Snowmass and put it on the calendar as soon as you guys announce the dates.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    I think that word is "Dale's Pale Ale"
    Damn skippy!

Re: Durango BME...the first Kennebec stage last year was the raddest thing I've ever raced down. And Raider Ridge was probably the hardest course I've ever raced. That was an amazing event, and had plenty of beer in the middle!

Ok, I just have to ask, what the fuck is "big mountain enduro"? Is that when middle aged men who have $10k bikes And can't pedal uphill ride ski lifts up large mountains, insert their tampons and take their low-T meds, and bomb down groomed trails?

Now that I've taken a shit on the name, I will probably be riding a few enduros in the central Rockies this summer. Especially if I (more than likely) fail to get in shape for any of the 12 hours or the NUE races.