Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    we rarely need to poke, you walking joke. tell us how fucking awesome you are again woo, we never tire of it.
    I know I don't! I love when Kevvy says he's gonna blast me with roost because he's such a fucking badass rider. "Here stand in this corner and let me blast you with rocks!" says Kevvy. So badass.

Some people let their riding speak for itself, others need to project.

this thread is so epic, between the lines of nonsense there are some legit good riders posting some interesting thoughts on enduro.

I use to have a fantasy of hosting my own front range enduro in denver, give out gps units and trail names and give everyone a week to go throw down. Strava kinda ruined that.

By the way check out "strava terrorism" on FB, the guy is going out on a mini dirt bike and crushing the hopes and dreams of strava KOMs....pretty damn funny idea.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    But there are always gonna be hiccups, especially as organizers are still figuring out how to best set up handle this new timing and organizational format. There is sooo much more data to sort through in an Enduro as opposed to a single run/course DH.
    I researched the options last winter for timing of events and settled on the SportIdent system. It comes from the orienteering world and is a dialled system. I picked up on it via the Trans Provence videos, at first I was expecting it to be some massive expensive system. For about $2500 we were able to set up enough equipment to run 100 riders on three stages.

The caveat is that the rider does not sprint across a line but rather races to a stop at the end and then tags out to end their stage time.

We need a timing system for Snow King, but we have exactly three pint glasses, a hoodie, and as many Alpine Slide tickets as you need to pay for one.
    Grumble.

And by then, we won't have any pint glasses left.
    Last edited by rideit; 01-24-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    We need a timing system for Snow King, but we have exactly three pint glasses, a hoodie, and as many Alpine Slide tickets as you need to pay for one.
    Grumble.

And by then, we won't have any pint glasses left.
    It seems like pre-printed spreadsheets and synchronized stop watches/clocks work fine for smaller events. The accuracy isn't down to .01 seconds, but for local races it doesn't really matter. Also means a bit of work to collate everything at the end, but again, not a big deal (gives people time to sit around and drink beer).

Holy shit I guess I really did stick my dick into the proverbial beehive. This escalated quickly....

And yeah I was kinda asking for it as flowtron said, by poking a little fun, but i didn't know it'd get so intense. 'twas an e-adventure, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinkle View Post

I use to have a fantasy of hosting my own front range enduro in denver, give out gps units and trail names and give everyone a week to go throw down. Strava kinda ruined that.
    You should start a front range chapter of the Underground Night Enduro League. It's the best race series in SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    You should start a front range chapter of the Underground Night Enduro League. It's the best race series in SLC.
    oh really? (stroking chin hair)

Quote Originally Posted by Crinkle View Post
    oh really? (stroking chin hair)
    You headed up this year? I don't want to wade through all this shit to see...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I only was able to do one UNEL race last year, but I have to say those that need not be named, did a great job getting this going. Strava as a timing system has to be taken with a huge grain of salt, but that adds to the relaxed nature of the racing too...except it does encourage an arms race for more light

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    You headed up this year? I don't want to wade through all this shit to see...
    the dates fall on my anniversary, if i can convince the wife to spend "our" weekend racing in Snowmass, then yes. Stay tuned.

What a shitshow. To review, one person who is considering racing one of these events, and another who would race if he wasn't gimped, posted. Another few people who were interested in the format and/or organization posted. And then a bunch of cunts with nothing to add did what they do best. You guys really need to get a hobby.

I'm in for Durango now too, that's the whole series. The multi-race discount didn't work but I emailed them and Sarah got me sorted out right away. Kinda sucks there was no way to actually get the four race discount on all the races since they announced Durango late but she said FWIW the total for the three race discount plus the four race discount on #4 is in line with what they'd be charging for the "season pass".

Pretty psyched to race these, the Wasatch Enduro/Enduro Cup series is cool and I'll prolly try to hit that as well but from what I hear the BME is on another level in terms of difficulty and organization. Now that I can walk proper again it's time to get these old bones back in shape!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler View Post
    I only was able to do one UNEL race last year, but I have to say those that need not be named, did a great job getting this going. Strava as a timing system has to be taken with a huge grain of salt, but that adds to the relaxed nature of the racing too...except it does encourage an arms race for more light
    I'm packing 4000 lumens of cheap chinese daylight now so I'll be out there for sure!

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    I'm in for Durango now
    Durango! Epicenter of mountain mediocrity cooldom! Can we touch you?

I'm packing 4000 lumens of cheap chinese daylight now so I'll be out there for sure!
    You won't regret the cheap chinese shit. I've got a 1st generation Magicshine battery that's on it's third year.

If my beater-ass was to commit to one race, which would you recommend?

What a shitshow. To review, one person who is considering racing one of these events, and another who would race if he wasn't gimped, posted. Another few people who were interested in the format and/or organization posted. And then a bunch of cunts with nothing to add did what they do best. You guys really need to get a hobby.
    Needing to project your badass-ness on the internet is a sign of needing a new life, so I'll take needing a new hobby by comparison.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Now-Remember-Kids-The-Internet-Is-Serious-Business..jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	149231

here's the beater when he notices the thread has shifted from worshiping him, to making fun of him:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stop-whining-800X800.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	149232

Wow, you are truly pathetic.

I am not an expert in "Big Mountain Enduros" or any form of "Enduros" by any means but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once so Ill put in my two cents.
    Anyone who gives two shits about someones else's race preference should give their head a shake. Who cares !
    This thread has certainly delivered. Maybe the OP might be inclined to start another thread with the same title. We may just get the answer he was originaly asking.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still here because I love the entertainment of it all.
    As far as enduros go, Ride up, time down, ride up time down,time up, time down, shuttle up, time down, time up, shuttle down in limousine hottub party bus. That's my enduro series.
    Coming to a range near you.
    www.thebestenduroraceontheplanet.com

Going biking now because it's Jan 25, no snow and going to be sunny a high of 7 deg Celsius today in Squamish. I have a new fork to try out and if anyone wants the review of my Manitou tower pro 29", PM me.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

haha ya checked in here because of the local series and haven't raced in forever and the thought of spinning up a hill followed by a nice downhill comp and cold beer had me intrigued. I remember now that I hate racing/competition and it makes my butt hurt.... I think i'll save the $ for extra beer after the rides. thanks for reminding me

Wow, you are truly pathetic.
    As long as you define "pathetic" as something other than what it actually is, I'll agree. In my book, "pathetic" is where you go onto an online forum and post shit trying to get others to worship you and your choices, because you're so fucking insecure that you can't just do your shit and enjoy doing your shit -- you need to be validated by others.

That's truly pathetic.

Good job on that.

Can we start another thread for actual info and less bull shit now that the full schedule is out?
    Was talking with andrew this w/e about the summer race schedule and it's ridiculous to sift through all the bs here.
    If you don't like enduro, don't want to participate, thi'nks we're all self centered pro-wannabe's- I don't give a shit what you think. STFU
    I've met a lot of cool people through the sprocket rockets thread and most everyone has been awesome, humble and super fun. Maybe stop being a negative downer asshole that judges other people for how they like to have fun and live their lives and you might enjoy some of this too

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    kidwoo gifs are so cool, and prove your insider-ness which defeats your cubicle-stuck poseurness every time. tell us more about your $500 knife that needs some special treatment to cut a stick of butter.

remember, if you post on TGR, you're automatically a rad skier. especially if you have a pair of DPS.

I never knew kidwoo had a Hodaka. maybe he's cooler than I thought. I would have thought his trust fund would have seen him riding nothing but Huskys and KTMs.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Can we start another thread for actual info and less bull shit now that the full schedule is out?
    Was talking with andrew this w/e about the summer race schedule and it's ridiculous to sift through all the bs here.
    If you don't like enduro, don't want to participate, thi'nks we're all self centered pro-wannabe's- I don't give a shit what you think. STFU
    I've met a lot of cool people through the sprocket rockets thread and most everyone has been awesome, humble and super fun. Maybe stop being a negative downer asshole that judges other people for how they like to have fun and live their lives and you might enjoy some of this too
    eat my cock you spoiled selfish bitch**

clearly this forum is the Serious Bike Racers Hangout and Strategy Thinktank

holy fuck

UPDATE!

that's for my buddy spindrift, who says it's too misogynist and testy-festy in here. I assume "babybear" is a man pretending to be a badass college-aged girl for the same reason stupid people like commonlaw pretend they're badasses for buying and using a $500 kitchen knife -- inexplicable mental illness.

UPDATE II !

based on "babybear" being convinced that I have caused the death of Serious Enduro Discussion in an avy slide of humorous diversion,

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ VIBES+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++

to the dead discussion's grieving on-line fantasists
    Last edited by creaky fossil; 01-27-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    kidwoo gifs are so cool, and prove your insider-ness which defeats your cubicle-stuck poseurness every time. tell us more about your $500 knife that needs some special treatment to cut a stick of butter.

remember, if you post on TGR, you're automatically a rad skier. especially if you have a pair of DPS.

I never knew kidwoo had a Hodaka. maybe he's cooler than I thought. I would have thought his trust fund would have seen him riding nothing but Huskys and KTMs.

eat my cock you spoiled selfish bitch**

clearly this forum is the Serious Bike Racers Hangout and Strategy Thinktank

holy fuck

UPDATE!

that's for my buddy spindrift, who says it's too misogynist and testy-festy in here. I assume "babybear" is a man pretending to be a badass college-aged girl for the same reason stupid people like commonlaw pretend they're badasses for buying and using a $500 kitchen knife -- inexplicable mental illness.

UPDATE II !

based on "babybear" being convinced that I have caused the death of Serious Enduro Discussion in an avy slide of humorous diversion,

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ VIBES+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++

to the dead discussion's grieving on-line fantasists
    Ha- you wish I'd eat your cock since I doubt you have much of that going on in that dept.

And sorry- again you are wrong with your guesses!