Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
    Has anyone skied rabbit ears recently? It looked really good when I drove past two weeks ago, kinda wondering how its skiing
    XC skied there yesterday. Great snow, flat terrain. Hence the xc . Meadow skipping is possible.

I was always under the impression that it was dominated by slednecks, but then I realized they're confined to one side of the pass, so I had to ask. Steamboat locals that I've talked I prefer buffalo pass, but that's pretty far for me when I can hit Cameron instead. (Btw, cp was great on Saturday. At least the trees were)

Rabbit ears is mellow. So mellow

Ah, well thanks. I imagined somewhere there'd be some hidden gem slopes or something. Saved me the time and gas exploring.

How is Buff Pass doing? That area seems the ultimate for having a sled vs. Minimal consequences given the terrain/low angle safety. Got to experience some of it via a snowcat hookup/comp.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums

^ glad you asked. I'd like to know too. The avi danger is lower there than the front range (as of yesterday), which is a plus

That cycle was killer! .... Here's one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sb pow.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	149068
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sb pow.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	149063  
    Be more like your dog...

Speaking for all California stuck maggots....FUCK OFF
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

love you too
    Be more like your dog...

Nice shots buddy!
    Drive slow, homie.

any reports from today? is it nuking?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
    I was always under the impression that it was dominated by slednecks, but then I realized they're confined to one side of the pass, so I had to ask. Steamboat locals that I've talked I prefer buffalo pass, but that's pretty far for me when I can hit Cameron instead. (Btw, cp was great on Saturday. At least the trees were)
    There is a couple of descent shots on RE but overall it's flat. If I remember right there is a big cliff zone on the back of one of those little peaks and it looked good for some big huckin if that's what your into.

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone hit steamboat since yesterday? I might try to get out there on Sunday if anyone wants to ski

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    There is a couple of descent shots on RE but overall it's flat. If I remember right there is a big cliff zone on the back of one of those little peaks and it looked good for some big huckin if that's what your into.
    That'd actually be fun to check out, how big are we talkin? I'm not into snapping femurs 2 miles from a trailhead in deep snow lol

17" officially in 48hrs. Everything is riding nice but totals are way lower than Summit/Vail/Elk's...
    "Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

How much lower? Snowforecast.com listed vail at 21 in of fresh snow, but I heard people saying 40!? And I saw sunlight only got like a foot...?

Steamboat was fantastic on Saturday.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Nice! ................
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

If anyone is familiar with Buff Pass and wants a free tow shot me a PM...been wanting to get over there and it would be nice to hit it with someone that knows the terrain.

It was also good on Sunday. Spent a lot of time on morning side playing on the cliffs and then finding fresh tracks on the mellow hills below. Definitely tracked out but there were still plenty of little stashes all over. Combined with being pretty dead for a weekend (thank you, broncos), it was a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Steamboat was fantastic on Saturday.
    Off the hook Saturday, total sleeper day as it nuked after the 6" 5am report. Some of the lowest water content snow you can find. Sidecountry was waist deep cold smoke.

Yesterday was ok as well:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BG65.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	246.4 KB 
ID:	150144
    "Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

Just arrived at Steamboat, 1st time,

am a big fan of glades ( am a Jay/ Stowe/ Smuggs) regular when back home),

Which runs would a maggot recoomend for a tree lovin boarder?

^^

Shadows and Closets are your best bet for tighter trees,