Good use of GoPro. (and they seem to be hyena proof)

Tired of watching poorly done skiing, mountainbiking or whanot?

A nice clip of the Kevin "lion whisperer" Richardson.

As comfortable I feel around most of the animals, I would shit bricks just to be inside car.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

that was awesome! thanks for sharing, probably one of the best go pro videos I've seen in a long time!

also, very sad and disheartening.........

Awesome.

Absolutely incredible - never heard of this guy and truly awesome... Great find and thanks for posting...

Bump for awesomeness and sadness if what he says is true. I am intrigued enough to find out more
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

People like this bug me. While the video is cool, making lions and hyenas out to be fun and cuddly is not a good idea. They are wild animals and should be treated as so. I applaud the effort to increase habitat, but this is the wrong way to do it. It is like the old "Born Free" movie, while fun to watch it was a disservice to loins. Afterwards a bunch of rich Americans wants to raise lion cubs because they were so cute and cuddly. It didn't end well for all those cubs.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

That is unbelievably cool that a human can interact with big cats on their turf and bring awareness to their plight. I agree with hutash that this type of behavior leads to others doing stupid shit, ultimately harming those that they're trying to protect. Think Tim Treadwell. Hey Mr. Chocolate. Cool video though.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Its a double edged sword, on one hand he clearly loves them and is trying to help, it is portrayed in a way that people can relate to. On the other hand it could end badly not only for the lions but for man as well.

I have cats and in a parallel they will do the same exact same behaviors that these lions do with KR, only my cats don't weigh as much.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    People like this bug me. While the video is cool, making lions and hyenas out to be fun and cuddly is not a good idea....Afterwards a bunch of rich Americans wants to raise lion cubs because they were so cute and cuddly. It didn't end well for all those cubs.
    Talked about this with few vets, one lives under my roof actually.

A split thing, as you said, it may cause some asshattery in the form of you mentioned, I personally think the effect is minimal. If it would be a big
    affector for "rich & influental", Sigfried and Roy would have caused a fucking influx of tigers around hollywood beach. That hasnt happen.

I personally applaud for people doing their best to raise wildlife issues, be it with this kind of "whisperer" angle, minimalistic documents or whatnot.
    When it comes to the Great Species (elephants,rhinos,large sea mammals etc) any publicity is good publicity. Time is scarce with them.

And as a bonus, if some muppet travels to africa and tries to hug a lion and gets removed from the genepool in the process...well...that is a win-win situation,eh?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post

And as a bonus, if some muppet travels to africa and tries to hug a lion and gets removed from the genepool in the process...well...that is a win-win situation,eh?
    minus, it will probably cost that lion its life..... or that's how it usually plays out. they killed the bear that ate tim treadwell. they kill bears that attack humans all the time. it might be different in africa, but i doubt it.

I personally applaud for people doing their best to raise wildlife issues, be it with this kind of "whisperer" angle, minimalistic documents or whatnot.
    When it comes to the Great Species (elephants,rhinos,large sea mammals etc) any publicity is good publicity. Time is scarce with them.
    yea time is very scarce, but we'll drag our feet until its a non-issue (ie, extinction). Just look at what we're doing in 'merica with the little brown bat, oh right, we've pretty much done nothing but close off caves.....

Environmentalism doesn't make economic sense unfortunately. In africa, where wildlife tourism is a huge part of some of those countries economies, they've done very little to protect them from poachers and habitat lose as the video tried to emphasize. We'll see how it plays out but the mass extinction has begun and humans don't seem to know or care.

"There are no jobs on a dead planet"

Better use of GoPro

Talked about this with few vets, one lives under my roof actually.

A split thing, as you said, it may cause some asshattery in the form of you mentioned, I personally think the effect is minimal. If it would be a big
    affector for "rich & influental", Sigfried and Roy would have caused a fucking influx of tigers around hollywood beach. That hasnt happen.

Actually the Sigfried and Roy types (and "Born Free") has caused a big influx of big cats many years ago. Just google big cat rescue or sanctuary to see the number of cute baby lions and tiger who grew up and became a problem. It is most state wildlife laws that prevent this. I am not saying this particular guy is going to lead to more pet kitties, but it has happened in the past. I applaud people who are making the loss of habitat major issue, I just don't think this guys approach is the correct way to do it.

These are wild animals, and sooner or later somebody is going to get eaten by one of these cats that has lost its inhibition of people and wanders into the wrong village, or even just gets too close and destroyed because of it.

Got to agree the hula hoop use of GoPro is tits

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot