Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Air Jordan Drop

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Both times I hit it I took speed and straight-lined it no problems. That platform is pretty steep, in the video that's a total hipcheck to stop. If you need to turn to kill speed there are other features for that on the mountains.... the bottom landing is more than steep enough to take heat into it. More often that not when people try to stop/slow down they simply fall off the bottom stage and that ruins it for anyone else who wants to hit it. I've seen people yard sale trying to stop and leave gear on the platform. If you're going to hit it dont pussyfoot around with turning, it's a double-stager, so hit it like one.
    Never been up there to check it out, landing of the second always looked flat to me in video, but if it's steep that makes sense. I know the platform is steep and a steep takeoff to flattish landing is no bueno at speed. Thanks for clarifying, should help when I hit it one of these days (just need to get up there!).

Quote Originally Posted by JD May View Post
    Okay, Air Jordan is claimable for sure, but who are these people who wouldn't even do the first air? It's like twelve feet.

The odd part about that one is he appears to drop the first one, land sideways, almost completely stop, and then set up for the second air. Those are some prime conditions. Usually it's like "first air, land, half a turn, take off."
    The reason I slowed up was probably two fold:

1. I was pretty nervous (was the biggest drop I'd done at that time [2008])
    2. I was hungover from Tommy Africa's Monday 80's night...

Jokes aside, this was about my limit.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    OP skied it pretty well I thought, second air was quite big considering the slow-down in the middle, but I'm not logging in to vote.
    No worries about the vote, thanks for watching and commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimty View Post
    Are we limited to chair lifts / North America? If not, then the Aguille du Midi, the pulse gondy at La Grave and Mont Fort in Verb get my vote. For chairs, I've heard the Marte chair in Las Lenas accesses some pretty tasty stuff. For moguls I guess it depends on the snow cover, but in a low snow season maybe the Swiss Wall?
    +1 on Aguille du Midi and Swiss Wall in low snow. The latter nearly busted my knees doing it two seasons ago from top to bottom! Need a lot of fitness to hit all those moguls.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Post more stoke, talk more shit, just lay off on the links to other sites asking for memberships..
    Thanks, man. Sorry, will just post straight up video/pics next time.

Some of the people jonging him can probably actually land the first air, unlike him... who appears to land on his hip or ass... doesn't count.
    Both times I hit it I took speed and straight-lined it no problems. That platform is pretty steep, in the video that's a total hipcheck to stop. If you need to turn to kill speed there are other features for that on the mountains.... the bottom landing is more than steep enough to take heat into it. More often that not when people try to stop/slow down they simply fall off the bottom stage and that ruins it for anyone else who wants to hit it. I've seen people yard sale trying to stop and leave gear on the platform. If you're going to hit it dont pussyfoot around with turning, it's a double-stager, so hit it like one.
    Seeing as Air Jordan is just another right of passage for every pro-form ski instructor & seasonaire out there, the ante is high. Unless you're hitting it naked, flipping it, single staging it or flipping it or hitting third step going 13471590 miles an hour to flat afterwards, odds are you aren't impressing the masses. It's like watching lemmings on any given pow day.

Trying to hit Air Jordan "small" or "slow" is just silly.
    I agree that it looks very sloppy and would love to travel back to Whistler for another go and do some combination of flips! I stomped the platform alright but it was quite deep. My legs weren't as stong as they are now. Four years of CrossFit and squats has helped a lot. Congrats on taking the straight line! If you don't take the normal (wimps) entrance that I did, the natural fall line has sloped rocks so you have to have the balls and speed to make sure you make the platform which carrys loads of speed into the second stage. I can't remember which movie it is in but Mike Douglaus (I think) sends the natural fall line at Mach 3. PS, your website in your signature is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    You big ol' friggin' pussy! Has nobody told you if you're gonna hit AJ you are supposed to point it and put on a good show (aka go big, eat shit, get naked, etc...)
    Combine this with stomping the whole thing in one go and I think we'll have reach the pinnacle of what skiing can do! Great vid

Sorry for the massive multi-quote posts, don't have much time to check the forums at the moment! Thanks for the chatter though.

Canada, its the new Colorado
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Canada, its the new Colorado
    No, just the old Whistler.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

You guys are savage, hes probably a virgin and just wants girls to notice him. Now hes got Gonads on his jock, Matt is straight killing it!

Has anyone ever rappelled AJ? That would be cool. Maybe those zipline folks could set something up?

Air Jordan isn't cool any more unless you lawn dart the whole thing.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Certainly is a lot of e-rage, butthurt, localist dickwaving going on in ALL of the Whistler threads these days.. Bad snow year, eh?

If ya can't take the heat best stay out of the kitchen or at least off the big boy cliffs.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    Nobody cares how hardcore you are. Post some pics of your GF/Wifes tits and we might vote.
    i cant imagine how sad your life is........predictable, pandering to the stooges of TGR and quite frankly an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    hes some ginger chump with one post, some spam BS... that video looks like CG anyways
    Has not a single dentist taken you up on your offer of your sweaty little hands tugging for transpo to deep snow? Pop some of your pimples and practice pulling up your knee sox you little tweener bitch.

Some of the people jonging him can probably actually land the first air, unlike him... who appears to land on his hip or ass... doesn't count.
    So then what about Juliens?.........Don't count?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyyee View Post
    So then what about Juliens?.........Don't count?
    He didnt really hit Air Jordan proper. I believe that line is called Juliens.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Wait, whats the diff?

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    He didnt really hit Air Jordan proper. I believe that line is called Juliens.
    somebody claimed "he" landed on his hip or ass? That would DQ 90% of the airs people are claiming?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Wait, whats the diff?
    The diff is Carr aired the whole fuckin thing. In a backflip. My point is that would make it an entirely different line than all the beaters are claiming and he might as well put his name on it because I dont see anyone else hitting it anytime soon.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Oh the male ego, how soon it forgets. Didn't you say you wiped out on it on your first of 2 tries? After being freaked out for 20 minutes?

The diff is Carr aired the whole fuckin thing. In a backflip. My point is that would make it an entirely different line than all the beaters are claiming and he might as well put his name on it because I dont see anyone else hitting it anytime soon.

1) It was a front flip
    2) Someone else skied the line proper while he went hudge (not that you're contesting that.. just saying)
    3) I could see someone else hitting it next big snow year b/c they know it can be done...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Oh the male ego, how soon it forgets. Didn't you say you wiped out on it on your first of 2 tries? After being freaked out for 20 minutes?
    Comedy ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Comedy ensues.
    Especially considering Gonads is a chic

Especially considering Gonads is a chic
    That would be my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    That would be my point.
    Chic? Or Chick?

either way hard blowing on a computer is funny. Claim it, ski it with style, etc..etc.......telemarktips is for chicks

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Yea those N facing slopes get super icy... That's why its best to ski N facing slopes when you are worried about facets and whore. N facing slopes rarely avalanche except from wet slides.
    WTF?

60% of avalanche fatalities are on N (WNW-ENE) facing slopes. Because they don't get any sun in winter they take a long time to consolidate and avy danger takes much longer to decrease. They are much more prone to faceting and depth hoar also. Plus, where I live weather tends to come from the SW and N facing slopes get loaded heavily and develop wind slab. They are much more likely to have dry slab or dry loose slides than wet.

In spring, they tend to become safer than S facing.

Back to school.

I think he was trying to kill DD. Thanks for ruining it... dick
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer