Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Air Jordan Drop

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    anyone, please, name a scarier lift than peak chair and a harder mogul run than whistler bowl!!!
    Outer Limits, duh.

anyone, please, name a scarier lift than peak chair and a harder mogul run than whistler bowl!!!
    any chair i have to get evact. off of and tinkerbell 2 weeks ago at crystal in the blue ice zone
    b

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    Outer Limits, duh.

wtf -- in vermont-- you are a fkn joke boy
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

The wrong side of the Atlantic, the wrong side of the Channel...
    Are we limited to chair lifts / North America? If not, then the Aguille du Midi, the pulse gondy at La Grave and Mont Fort in Verb get my vote. For chairs, I've heard the Marte chair in Las Lenas accesses some pretty tasty stuff. For moguls I guess it depends on the snow cover, but in a low snow season maybe the Swiss Wall?

All that said, I love Whistler Peak and my first time down skiers' right in the Cirque was definitely an eye opener....

this i know -- i would think the reason for the bulletproof moguls is the northfacing slope...the no sun and icy conditions.

i dont think peak 2 creek is a traditional blue run - seems very ungroomed and difficult at times.

anyways you failed to name a scarier lift in north america, also failed to mention a harder mogul run.

am i supposed to give a fuck if you canadians dont like tourists? you canucks wouldnt have shit without the lower48
    Yea those N facing slopes get super icy... That's why its best to ski N facing slopes when you are worried about facets and whore. N facing slopes rarely avalanche except from wet slides.

Tram at Big Sky and Exhibition at Wilmot Mountain. Boom!

The Peak chair used to scare the fuck out of me when it was a slow triple.

Whistler bowl? Not so much. Had my little girl rocking that when she was 5.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Worth Mountain Chair at the Mighty Middlebury College Snow Bowl. Gateway to ze GNAR!

^ ya ive ridden the slow triple - i think in N america it is scariest ive seen by FAR

Mogul runs are easy peezy for 5 yr olds - i feel its one of the most challenging runs ive ever encountered. im sure many on here have skied more places than i have, but my perceptive abilities are strong

Whistler is the greatest place on earth
    Zone Controller

The moguls in Whistler Bowl was the most challenging thing you've ever skied?

After the groomed cat track it's the easiest thing off Peak.

It barely ranks against the actual challenging lines on Whistler/Blackcomb. Beyond the entrance it's like every other mogul run in the world...moguls.

In a ski off between digideath and Mofro's kids I'd put my money on either of Mofro's kids.

Damn... OP is a multi-quotin' machine!

Seems like you'll fit in just fine around here dood. Welcome!

Post more stoke, talk more shit, just lay off on the links to other sites asking for memberships..

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    The moguls in Whistler Bowl was the most challenging thing you've ever skied?

After the groomed cat track it's the easiest thing off Peak.

It barely ranks against the actual challenging lines on Whistler/Blackcomb. Beyond the entrance it's like every other mogul run in the world...moguls.

In a ski off between digideath and Mofro's kids I'd put my money on either of Mofro's kids.
    again you're a spoiled little bitch , i said its prob the hardest mogul run ive ever encountered - the moguls are huge, bulletproof, its steeper than most.

prob most reading this thread dont even know the run in question

name a harder mogul run you dumb canuck

ya its prob easier than skiing all of peak 2 creek too - that run gets fkn oogly
    Zone Controller

dam, tough crowd on here, Matt. must be upset about having to wear the neckbrace at their $4/hr dishwashing jobs at the midstation lodge? no wonder my $15 burger is always burned.

anyway I thought it was pretty nice work. I didnt have any problems with indi or whatever you posted it on either.

Digi you might actually be right that Whistler Bowl are the most challenging moguls at Whistler.

But who the fuck goes to Whistler to ski moguls?

You can have fun scraping away at those icy moguls, I'll content myself with the rest of the stuff on the mountains to ski.

im just saying, peak chair is no joke. also, i only skied it once and wiped out like 4 times

the rest of the shit up there is blind drops
    Zone Controller

anyways you failed to name a scarier lift in north america, also failed to mention a harder mogul run.
    the red box @ JH

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Didn't somebody jump over Air Jordan last year? Not OFF it, but OVER it?
    It was mentioned earlier that Julian did it last year, but here is what he wrote about what it takes to send the thing in one shot: http://spreadstoke.com/snow/air-jord...herpas-cinema/

Julian is a pure badass, and I will never forget the time I saw him send it off the 100+ footer in North Chute, directly under the tram at Snowbird during a comp! He obviously won the sickbird that year:

Dude...

My wife skis Whistler Bowl. Peak Chair is definitely not one i'd want to fall off of, especially near the top. But saying Whistler Bowl is in any way one of the more difficult runs at WB is pretty

wtf is going on here? what is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Clarkson View Post
    She is owning me - top work on her part. If I could get on the podium I will win a few dollars towards replacing my broken ski boots so worth a try. Thanks for swinging by though.
    Keep up the stoke machine with posts, we love this shit.

Man that site blows, you cannot even scroll though a video.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by lafleche View Post
    wtf is going on here? what is this?
    it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    At least half of the people Jonging you wouldnt even do the first air.
    Some of the people jonging him can probably actually land the first air, unlike him... who appears to land on his hip or ass... doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Some of the people jonging him can probably actually land the first air, unlike him... who appears to land on his hip or ass... doesn't count.
    Not to me. Looked like he just plunged into a deep landing zone in thick snow and stopped. Have had that happen to me more than a few times. A little more speed would have popped him out, but thats a tough call to make on a double like that - you usually want to take that first air really slow so you can throw in a speed check turn before hitting the big one.

Both times I hit it I took speed and straight-lined it no problems. That platform is pretty steep, in the video that's a total hipcheck to stop. If you need to turn to kill speed there are other features for that on the mountains.... the bottom landing is more than steep enough to take heat into it. More often that not when people try to stop/slow down they simply fall off the bottom stage and that ruins it for anyone else who wants to hit it. I've seen people yard sale trying to stop and leave gear on the platform. If you're going to hit it dont pussyfoot around with turning, it's a double-stager, so hit it like one.

You big ol' friggin' pussy! Has nobody told you if you're gonna hit AJ you are supposed to point it and put on a good show (aka go big, eat shit, get naked, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    You big ol' friggin' pussy! Has nobody told you if you're gonna hit AJ you are supposed to point it and put on a good show (aka go big, eat shit, get naked, etc...)

^Exactly. What he said.

Seeing as Air Jordan is just another right of passage for every pro-form ski instructor & seasonaire out there, the ante is high. Unless you're hitting it naked, flipping it, single staging it or flipping it or hitting third step going 13471590 miles an hour to flat afterwards, odds are you aren't impressing the masses. It's like watching lemmings on any given pow day.

Trying to hit Air Jordan "small" or "slow" is just silly.