Trew vs. Flylow? - Pants

About to pull the trigger on some new pants after 6+ seasons on my old shredded Orage pants, narrowed it down to a couple but couldn't find much (recent) feedback in the Tech Talk about either one. I'm 6'2" 220 lbs with long legs and a beer gut, and i'm 99% convinced i'll need a XXL either way, but i'd like to hear if anyone has feedback as to how each one fits (IE runs big, runs small, runs short, etc), since i won't be able to try them on anywhere, and any other feedback on either is welcome too

Trew Eagle
    http://www.trewgear.com/pdp.php?uID=79423

Flylow Chemical
    http://flylowgear.com/shop/mens/pants/chemical-13.html
    my dog sheds the gnar.

Search jong, there is a thread somewhere on here with a good Trew vs Flylow pissing match.

I find flylow to fit extremely large fyi

I'm 6'2" 240 and wear an XL in the flylow
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I'm 6'2", 210 lbs

flylow pants in the xl make me feel like urkel. The inseam is very short on both baker and chemical pants.

I like how trew pants fit me, but have only tried on the trewth bibs, not the eagle.

That's the info i was looking for, thank you! One of my hugest pet peeves tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I'm 6'2", 210 lbs

...... urkel.
    my dog sheds the gnar.

Flylow is making an extra long now in both L and XL for the chemical. This alleviates the short pants syndrome.

Only in a M or L according to their site

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Flylow is making an extra long now in both L and XL for the chemical. This alleviates the short pants syndrome.
    my dog sheds the gnar.

I met a guy from Trew this fall at a store Big Sky. All he could do was make fun of my threadbare old Patagonia puffy. He told me nothing about his stuff. Basically he was such a douche that it turned me off to ever buying any Trew gear.
    Originally Posted by nickwm21
    "hitting rocks ain't normal use in their eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    yea I know they say that, but show me where you can actually buy the long version..... its not available on their website or any of the retailers I've looked at. We certainly don't have them at the ski shop I work at.

All I know is I tried on a lot of pants this fall and flylow were the shortest by far. some people don't seem to care but I need to look good on the slopes and at the après too.

Burton AK Cyclic XL would be perfect for your size, way cheaper too on Ebay.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

What is your waist size? As, I'm about the same size 6'3" with weight fluctuating depending on the beer intake. I pretty consistently run a true 36" waist FWIW and fit large or size 36" stuff from the usual suspects perfectly - patagucci, north face, marmot, etc.

Currently, I have some Flylow Especials from last year (their initial foray into Polartec Neoshell) that are XL's. I bought that size based on trying on another of their pants from last year in a large and not being able to wear them comfortably. So the XL's it was and the pants are really great like most favorable reviews state.

They fit good with the waist adjusters cinched down a bit and the length is more than adequate for my 34" inseam. I heard other years of their pants had a bit of funkiness in waist sizes - could be them trying to dictate the fit based on the sizing of the folks who work there.

Seems this years stuff fits me properly in a size large.

Can't comment on Trew, but based on their size chart and if their stuff runs true to size I'd likely wear a large.

Having spent time in the outdoor clothing business in a prior life - smaller companies qa on size runs for accuracy can fluctuate a bit. The industry has gotten better, so this could be less of a factor. For instance the pants I'm wearing have no interior labels other than size.

And they eventually listen better to the real end users of the products - the paying consumers - regarding fit tweaks or enhancements, etc.

Hope this helps.

I have a pair of Flylow stash pants from last year in XL. I tried on this years Trew stuff and the large Eagle pants fit me better than the XL's. I'm 6'1" and 215. I usually wear a 36" waist. Not sure if that helps but it's all I got.

flylow only made tall sizes in M and L for only stash and magnums. I think only 5 were made per size/color/style.

trew fits a little bigger/longer, semi steeze yo

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    yea I know they say that, but show me where you can actually buy the long version..... its not available on their website or any of the retailers I've looked at. We certainly don't have them at the ski shop I work at.

All I know is I tried on a lot of pants this fall and flylow were the shortest by far. some people don't seem to care but I need to look good on the slopes and at the après too.
    I got a pair of L and XL in the magnum early in tall. Looking now, they are no longer listed. Looks like they sold out fast.

34-36 waste
    34 inseam

XL in Trew

32 wast 36 inseam on jeans. Got the Magnum BC in med-long, length is perfect, fit is.. steezy? Good fit apart from that.

6'3" 220 34 iseam. XL Flylow Baker bibs fit very well.

No comments on size, but friends that have Trew gear have mostly been happy with it. One had a nylon/gore delam issue and Trew were good about the warrantee, so there's that.
    "Nothing like a very, very amorous woman in a leg imobilizer who dozes off every 3 1/2 minutes."
    -Notchtop